• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Meyer postgame quote

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
"I thought we had everything under control aside from field position and four big plays"

---

Meyer really is starting to sound like Zook. If that's what Meyer really thinks, we're in for a LONG season.

Again, it's really sad that the coaches just can't admit that they made mistakes and that they were outcoached by Ole Miss.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
What are you talking about? Urban is right. We played great D. If it wasn't for the turnovers, giving Ole Miss a short field, the game would have been totally different.

Go back and watch the end of the first half when Ole Miss had first down in the Red Zone. Now tell me Meyer was outcoached.....

shandsgator8

VIP Member
What are you talking about? Urban is right. We played great D. If it wasn't for the turnovers, giving Ole Miss a short field, the game would have been totally different.

Go back and watch the end of the first half when Ole Miss had first down in the Red Zone. Now tell me Meyer was outcoached.....

As well as our defense played right before the half, Ole Miss screwed themselves for the most part.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
And my point was, we didn't play "great" defense. I figured you were thinking our defensive stand right before half was evidence of that we played "great" defense.

No, I was referring to the OP's assertion that we were outcoached. That sequence alone should show that the Ole Miss coaches, outside of Tyrone Nix, did a poor job on Saturday.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"I thought we had everything under control aside from field position and four big plays"

---

Meyer really is starting to sound like Zook. If that's what Meyer really thinks, we're in for a LONG season.

Again, it's really sad that the coaches just can't admit that they made mistakes and that they were outcoached by Ole Miss.

First off, please - NEVER compare Urban Meyer to Ron Zook. That borders on blasphemous.

Coach Meyer is right - and we wound up shooting ourselves in the foot with all the turnovers and missed plays. That last Ole Miss TD could have been avoided had our defense reacted to the play in time and Major Wright did his assignmment.

It's so easy to point fingers at the coaches when things go wrong, but keep in mind that our players can only have their hands held for so long and then it's up to them to perform as they were taught and as they're expected to do. There was no excuse for what happened this past Saturday.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Not having the team fully prepared, playing flat, and bad playcalling were all hallmarks of Zook and that's what I saw on Saturday.

Ole Miss came to play and imo we didn't come to play. That's where coaching was a problem.

I'm not saying that Meyer isn't a great coach and I haven't forgotten that he won the national championship in 2006. I'm glad he's the coach, but he has lost some games that he definitely should have won.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Not having the team fully prepared, playing flat, and bad playcalling were all hallmarks of Zook and that's what I saw on Saturday.

Ole Miss came to play and imo we didn't come to play. That's where coaching was a problem.

I'm not saying that Meyer isn't a great coach and I haven't forgotten that he won the national championship in 2006. I'm glad he's the coach, but he has lost some games that he definitely should have won.

I disagree; unlike the Zooker who didn't have a CLUE as to how to prepare a football team for gameday we were prepared. We made costly mistakes and shot ourselves in the foot. No more, no less.

Is a player fumbling the ball a "coaching problem"? Is a player not doing his assignment a "coaching problem"? To me it's more like a player's error.

Everybody's so quick to heap all the blame on the coaches, but how about our PLAYERS being held accountable for their performance on the field? Nobody seems to want to do that, except for a select few players who seem to appear on a Facebook "hate" list or who aren't fan favorites.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I disagree; unlike the Zooker who didn't have a CLUE as to how to prepare a football team for gameday we were prepared. We made costly mistakes and shot ourselves in the foot. No more, no less.

Is a player fumbling the ball a "coaching problem"? Is a player not doing his assignment a "coaching problem"? To me it's more like a player's error.

Everybody's so quick to heap all the blame on the coaches, but how about our PLAYERS being held accountable for their performance on the field? Nobody seems to want to do that, except for a select few players who seem to appear on a Facebook "hate" list or who aren't fan favorites.

I think many go for the coaches to place to blame b/c blaming the players is a given. Who wouldn't blame Tebow for missing those 3 WIDE OPEN deep passes that would have all gone for touchdowns?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I think many go for the coaches to place to blame b/c blaming the players is a given. Who wouldn't blame Tebow for missing those 3 WIDE OPEN deep passes that would have all gone for touchdowns?

That being said, you know what I'd like to say to all of those who are solely pointing the finger at the coaches over this loss: "Does Tim Tebow need his hand held like a little kindergarten boy and be told where to throw the ball"?

As far as I'm concerned those three blown play opportunities were poor judgment on TEBOW's part, but how dare I criticize "Superman" (LOL).

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema