• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UGA's uniforms

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
They sure looked sharp as we ran over their @$$es. Tennessee's black uniforms looked ugly, but they beat SOS and the Gamecocks.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Georgia's Black Uniforms

I liked them. I wish florida would come up with a new uniform. Most teams have and we have been using the same design for a long time now.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I though they looked like toy helmets. I think it was the red facemask that was throwing me off.

BTW, I thought the UT black jerseys were actually kinda nice. Except for the fact that you could tell they were probably thrown together the night before. I could see them developing that look into an alternate uni.

Escambia94

I liked them. I wish florida would come up with a new uniform. Most teams have and we have been using the same design for a long time now.

Nah. I like how our uniforms have not changed much since the 80s when we moved away from orange shirts. I don't want gimmicks. I don't want to change the "Gators" script on the helmet. I don't want stickers on the helmet for each start. I don't want stripes all over the place. Other than white, I don't want any colors that aren't in fight song. Minor tweaks are fine.

ShortBus

VIP Member

we usually go with a blue/white for home and white/blue for away. the all blue and all white uni's are a bit different. and i like them. I don't think a black uniform would look good. black isn't our color. it isn't our style. like stamper said.. uniforms don't win you football games. just ask the jaguars about their color changing helmets.. they're 3-4 on the season and just lost to the winless (well was) titans. there's an old saying... KISS.. keep it simple stupid.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I agree NO BLACK period (the Lions made a mistake a while back and still to this haven't corrected their mistake). Also those UGA uniforms looked like Grambling minus the yellow. Grambling should sue.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I like how sometimes team use alternates for one game a year. Georgia uses the black uniforms once a year, but since they were the away team for this one, it was cool that they used a black helmet/pants combo.

I agree that Florida doesn't need to change their uniforms. But I really liked the throwbacks we used in the 2006 homecoming game. I would like to see those used each year for the homecoming game.
chris_leak_1.jpg

By the way... we wore a special jersey to promote a new line of Nike gear vs. Georgia in 05. They had one alternate colored sleeve.
UniversityOfFloridaGatorsJerseysWithTheNikeOrangeSleevesThatLookedLikeAss.jpg

They were used to promote Nike's under shirts which had one sleeve that was another color... and if I remember correctly some players wore the under shirts for some other games that year. My brother bought the red/white version of the under shirt for our high school.
jersey.jpg

Escambia94

Agreed. The throwback jerseys are nice, and they fit my criteria of showing the school colors. I could handle this uniform for special occasions, such as homecoming or anniversary games for special milestones. I'm not completely sold on the one-sleeve look, but it could grow on me.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
The 2005 jersey with the orange sleeve were other teams that team VT and Miami granted their school colors but the same orange sleeve.

Sharon4Gators

Gator Fan
I loved UGA's uniforms....Black absorbs heat and made that hot playing field even hotter, while Gators were crisp and cool, relatively speaking

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema