• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UF closing spring practice

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
That is a great article. I totally agree with the decision to close practice, especially for the first year of rebuilding. The players all need to be focused on learning--they are students learning under new professors, or coaches. They need to get back to the basics before they "earn the right" to treat practice like an NFL media frenzy. Texas is doing the same thing. Closing practice also helps fans manage expectations. We won't expect to go 13-0 just because everyone looked better in practice than we did in real games in 2010--we will be pleasantly surprised at whatever we see in 2011.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Right on. The article fleshes out in detail most of what I understood implicitly when I first heard of Coach's decision and brief explanation.
Interestingly enough, for me that news came at "Swamp Things", where (not surprisingly) comments were dominated by the usual Cane-trolls who often haunt that site (among many) obsessively. Naturally these sad fools were in full "attack-mode", which gave me the opportunity not only to state my full support for the move (acknowledging that I understood it DESPITE my own interest and deep curiosity as to everything going on at those practices this spring!), but that I was automatically inclined to support it ALL THE MORE since it apparently irritated THEM all so much.
The more I think about it, the more clearly it seems the way to go, for all the reasons you mention, E-, and more--again, DESPITE our hot interest, aching curiosity, and general emptiness from Gator Football Deprivation.
(The fact that these are akin to "withdrawal symptoms" is pretty apt, don't ya think? Aside from April 9 and the O & B Game, we're gonna have to get by on rumors, injury-reports, press-releases and the odd interview until the summer...we're gonna be some riled up, snapping reptile-fans by Fall, am I right?)

robdog

Gator Fan
I like he decision to close practice. Enough distractions as is.

Side note, get some of the Florida Gator fans to come over here. We are a "cane-free" zone. :)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I like he decision to close practice. Enough distractions as is.

Side note, get some of the Florida Gator fans to come over here. We are a "cane-free" zone. :)

Whenever I encounter other Gators fed up with the troll-BS that's EXACTLY what I do--tell 'em about "the Envy" and invite 'em over.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema