• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The TEBOW Watch

Block O

URBAN OHIO ERA BEGINS
I can't help but root for TT as a strong Christian myself. I love how he annoys the liberal sports media week after week. I'm a Bills season ticket holder and I'm going to see him in Buffalo on Christmas eve, I'll try and take pictures (depending on how crazy the weather is LOL)

GoGatorsZ71

Hangin in tha swamps
I have never followed the broncos, but with Tebow being there, I notice myself looking for broncos games on tv just to see him playing, he's great, always enjoy watching him play, definitely exciting!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am the same way. I never had an interest in the Broncos, except to enjoy watching John Elway lose by 45 points in a Super Bowl. Thanks to Timmy I have a reason to watch NFL. Too bad I have to see Elway.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I am also worried for Little Timmy, but we need to let him fight his battles. The Bears linebackers can drop into pass coverage easily or plug the running lanes. Tebow can still go deep or roll out of the pocket. He may also have some tricks we have not seen yet.

You're right, he did play the in SEC where they play defense. Just ask TOSU, Oklahoma, Texas, and Oregon LOL. He did take shots there especially against the weaker SEC teams.

Block O

URBAN OHIO ERA BEGINS
I am the same way. I never had an interest in the Broncos, except to enjoy watching John Elway lose by 45 points in a Super Bowl. Thanks to Timmy I have a reason to watch NFL. Too bad I have to see Elway.

I love when they show Elway in the press box clapping for Tebow although he has come out with negative comments about him (or at the very best back handed compliments). Tebow is making Fox and Elway look foolish.

If you get a chance, watch the Bills/Broncos on Christmas eve....You have undrafted David Nelson on the Bills who is one hell of a receiver who I still can't believe went undrafted...the Bills are also coached by UF alum Chan Gailey.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I can't help but root for TT as a strong Christian myself. I love how he annoys the liberal sports media week after week. I'm a Bills season ticket holder and I'm going to see him in Buffalo on Christmas eve, I'll try and take pictures (depending on how crazy the weather is LOL)
You hypocrite: you and TT are about as far apart as God and the Devil. Tim is real, good-hearted, positive and true. YOU are a transparent phony, mean-spirited and judgmental at every turn.
Again, your smirking "lol"s fool no one.

Block O

URBAN OHIO ERA BEGINS
You hypocrite: you and TT are about as far apart as God and the Devil. Tim is real, good-hearted, positive and true. YOU are a transparent phony, mean-spirited and judgmental at every turn.
Again, your smirking "lol"s fool no one.

Its kinda scary that you are a mod because I have never seen someone incite, call out, and break so many message board rules. As a Christian I also don't appreciate you cursing every other word. Feel free to put me on ignore and not to reply to my posts. It does make me wonder if you have driven a lot of posters away who used to be here when I first signed up. It seems its the same 4-5 guys who post on this message board.

I do appreciate the guys here who sent me welcome PMs and don't worry I know this guy is not representative of a Gator fan. Its ironic he lives in Texas, my least favorite state in the country, although many Texans think its their own little country down there. Judging by your word usage and grammar I would guess you are not college educated 'Dru', so maybe I'm the dummy for even granting you an audience.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Its kinda scary that you are a mod because I have never seen someone incite, call out, and break so many message board rules. As a Christian I also don't appreciate you cursing every other word. Feel free to put me on ignore and not to reply to my posts. It does make me wonder if you have driven a lot of posters away who used to be here when I first signed up. It seems its the same 4-5 guys who post on this message board.

I do appreciate the guys here who sent me welcome PMs and don't worry I know this guy is not representative of a Gator fan. Its ironic he lives in Texas, my least favorite state in the country, although many Texans think its their own little country down there. Judging by your word usage and grammar I would guess you are not college educated 'Dru', so maybe I'm the dummy for even granting you an audience.
"Granting you an audience"? Interesting how a person's true attitude comes out when they begin to "lose it" a bit. Oh my, the King is unhappy with our lack of proper respect. Otherwise an amazing paragraph even for you, Mr. Zero: aside from the 3 words there about yourself ("I'm the dummy"), EVERYTHING you say about ME is in fact completely wrong.
Again--you couldn't be more far off: to begin with, going after my level of education is so far off the mark as to be laughable, and even you must know it--it's another loser for you. Not that I believe a FORMAL education is the only path to intellectual awareness (we have non-college-grads here at GE whose book-learning dwarfs yours--though I get the impression THAT'S not too hard to do), but I know an ignoramus FAKING education when I read one--when was the last time you read a book voluntarily, one without pictures? What kind of fourth-rate education are they fobbing off on y'all up there in Ohio? Just because YOU can't follow an argument doesn't mean it's wrong, or ill constructed...and salty language burns your little naked-extremist ears? Self-righteous judgements of everyone not JUST like them burns mine.
As for "message-board rules", you folks always start ranting about "rules" when you meet resistance; hey, you're at OUR site. Our members are a diverse group, but the regulars actually like each other and enjoy the DIFFERENCES between us, and how those give us all more insight into the overall picture with respect to our Program, its ups and downs. They tend to be polite and fair, welcoming to newcomers within reason, but one of the reasons I AM here is to deal with "problem-types"--like relentless trolls who start out low-key then quickly try to move in and set the agenda at OUR place. Even I tried to humor you, coaxed some small bit of honesty out of you early on and then it was all downhill from there--I see no reason to go over all of your obnoxious transgressions of our conventions and mutual assumptions here. Don't like 'em? Get out. Go away. None will miss you. Sound familiar? With a personality like yours, I'm sure you've heard it before.
You are a sick individual whose only pleasure in life appears to be running around and getting at folks who, believe it or not, are doing just fine without you.
No wonder you have only an otherwise healthy Gator-site to park your irritating fat Buckeye ass at: you've already worn out your welcome among your own--whomever or whatever God-forsaken lonely-hearts club that may be.
And yes, I am a Gator, at a Gator-site, calling you out as the phoniest of think-you-know-it-all phonies it has been our misfortune to encounter in some time.
I will answer and rally my fellows against you mercilessly from here on out--if you irritate us enough, we'll block you. Complain all you want--go and start a blog of your own if you need your kind of company so badly--or just save yourself the time and trouble and go talk at a mirror. You're practically there already, anyway. LOL

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I love when they show Elway in the press box clapping for Tebow although he has come out with negative comments about him (or at the very best back handed compliments). Tebow is making Fox and Elway look foolish.

If you get a chance, watch the Bills/Broncos on Christmas eve....You have undrafted David Nelson on the Bills who is one hell of a receiver who I still can't believe went undrafted...the Bills are also coached by UF alum Chan Gailey.

David Nelson when undrafted because he wasn't used as much as Harvin, Caldwell, Cooper, Murphy, Hernandez,etc. Also he landed a Cowboy cheerleader so congrats to him. Also Thank You being a Tebow supported. Quarterbacks from Both UF and tOSU don't have much success in the NFL. You have to understand that us Gators fan aren't happy because Urban Liar lied to us and joined your favorite team plus your avatar doesn't help. Hope you prepare for the Gators being the s--- of your suckeyes in the Gator Bowl.

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
"Granting you an audience"? Interesting how a person's true attitude comes out when they begin to "lose it" a bit. Oh my, the King is unhappy with our lack of proper respect. Otherwise an amazing paragraph even for you, Mr. Zero: aside from the 3 words there about yourself ("I'm the dummy"), EVERYTHING you say about ME is in fact completely wrong.
Again--you couldn't be more far off: to begin with, going after my level of education is so far off the mark as to be laughable, and even you must know it--it's another loser for you. Not that I believe a FORMAL education is the only path to intellectual awareness (we have non-college-grads here at GE whose book-learning dwarfs yours--though I get the impression THAT'S not too hard to do), but I know an ignoramus FAKING education when I read one--when was the last time you read a book voluntarily, one without pictures? What kind of fourth-rate education are they fobbing off on y'all up there in Ohio? Just because YOU can't follow an argument doesn't mean it's wrong, or ill constructed...and salty language burns your little naked-extremist ears? Self-righteous judgements of everyone not JUST like them burns mine.
As for "message-board rules", you folks always start ranting about "rules" when you meet resistance; hey, you're at OUR site. Our members are a diverse group, but the regulars actually like each other and enjoy the DIFFERENCES between us, and how those give us all more insight into the overall picture with respect to our Program, its ups and downs. They tend to be polite and fair, welcoming to newcomers within reason, but one of the reasons I AM here is to deal with "problem-types"--like relentless trolls who start out low-key then quickly try to move in and set the agenda at OUR place. Even I tried to humor you, coaxed some small bit of honesty out of you early on and then it was all downhill from there--I see no reason to go over all of your obnoxious transgressions of our conventions and mutual assumptions here. Don't like 'em? Get out. Go away. None will miss you. Sound familiar? With a personality like yours, I'm sure you've heard it before.
You are a sick individual whose only pleasure in life appears too be running around and getting at folks who, believe it or not, are doing just fine without you.
No wonder you have only an otherwise healthy Gator-site to park your irritating fat Buckeye ass at: you've already worn out your welcome among your own--whomever or whatever God-forsaken lonely-hearts club that may be.
And yes, I am a Gator, at a Gator-site, calling you out as the phoniest of think-you-know-it-all phonies it has been our misfortune to encounter in some time.
I will answer and rally my fellows against you mercilessly from here on out--if you irritate us enough, we'll block you. Complain all you want--go and start a blog of your own if you need your kind of company so badly--or just save yourself the time and trouble and go talk at a mirror. You're practically there already, anyway. LOL

Man, I must have missed something because I didn't think - based on what I've read - that Block O was stirring up this much emotion, DRU.

Anyway, back to Tebow? See, my watch has been broken the last 7 weeks; it just keeps saying, "Tebow Time," whenever I check it....

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
GOOD one, FG...

(As for my dealings with Mr. Zero, what you read here reflects one snapshot of an ongoing back-and-forth across our whole site; this particular response is just what through the sequence of circumstances ended up needing to be said at this particular thread in response to what HE chose to post at this particular time (I don't expect ANYONE to pursue the tedious process of following that serpentine sequence across those varied threads)...in actual point-of-fact, of course, any examination of the various exchanges on back pages here will show that I in fact have made the very same points regarding #15 AND John Elway as he; there is little to argue between us on THIS thread--but, of course, none of this has much to do with Gator football OR our discussion of related topics and events, but rather dealing with an aggressively irritating little troll who has some real personality- and emotional-problems, who chose to attach himself to OUR site, set HIS agenda, and try to mock and irritate/intimidate anyone who holds views he doesn't like or agree with...sorry that this has had to play out publicly, but certain kinds of individuals leave us little choice...GO GATORS!)

Escambia94

Timmy Tebow is once again giving me a heart attack. To make things worse, my online stream of the game is crappy.

Escambia94

Tebow ****ing does it again! Okay. Time for me to settle down so I can head into work for my 12 hour midnight shift.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Though there WERE some important topics regarding recruiting that I WAS going to raise here at GE, they can wait 'till tomorrow...There is NOTHING else Gator-related to talk about tonight that matches this.
Even for us die-hard Gators, who TOLD anyone who would listen, "He will put your team on his back and WIN!", this, as TT himself would say, is special.
Think about it: since becoming the starter, no QB in the NFL has more yards in the 4th qrtr as a passer than Tim Tebow. Meanwhile, this is basically the same team that won 4 games the whole SEASON last year, and opened up 1-and-4 to start before throwing Tebow out there--and that same "inept" team is 7-and-1 (and he damned near brought 'em back at the end of that 2nd game, too), and now in soul possession of 1st place in their Division.
There are a slew of "weird" stats like that--"weird" to the so-called "experts" that were so sure he would fail, who STILL call this a "short-term fluke"--but FINALLY, some of their lesser-known colleagues in the media are starting to "find their voices", beginning to say things like this (heard on ESPN-radio, by a young commentator I hadn't heard before): "Well, let's face it: the Bronco management and coaching staff did a bad job. I mean, the first 5 games of the season, they didn't just have probably their best player sitting on the bench, they didn't even have a ROLE for him! Even when Elway directed Foxx to put him in, it was just to get the fans off his back in what was already turning into a disastrous season--they figured the kid would fall flat on his face and that at least the losing would solve THAT problem--instead he saved their BUTTS! Elway may still not get it, or be sold ON it, but you gotta figure Foxx is...his whole demeanor with his young QB has changed. He's WITH him now. And it's time for him to tell the world what I guarantee you, if he hasn't already said it, he's ready to tell his quarterback, "Hey, I don't care what anyone else says, YOU'RE my quarterback, FOR GOOD, no matter what!"...I can tell you that his TEAMMATES are behind him all the WAY now: They'd follow him anywhere!"
Maybe the best part of it all is Tim's calm strength and humility through it all. Who else, what other young player have we ever seen could weather the kind of fishbowl-scrutiny, media-focused, circus-like chaos swirling around him, while the "experts" are telling him and anyone who will listen that he's a joke, not NFL-caliber, undeserving of the attention HE never asked for--even his own GM bad mouthing him, tearing him down in the middle of an extended WINNING streak?...and when they ask him about "Tebow-Time", he shakes his head, downplays his own role and calls it "Bronco Time" instead.
Makes you proud to be a Gator--but that's not all: it makes you proud to be a human being.

Escambia94

My concern is that coaches will figure out that to beat Timmy the key is to not drop into a prevent, cover 3 defense at the end of a game in order to prevent being Tebowed. A coach like Belichik at New England knows Timmy's strengths, and will not go into a prevent defense. Even the mighty Bears defense went into cover 3. New England may not do that.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
My concern is that coaches will figure out that to beat Timmy the key is to not drop into a prevent, cover 3 defense at the end of a game in order to prevent being Tebowed. A coach like Belichik at New England knows Timmy's strengths, and will not go into a prevent defense. Even the mighty Bears defense went into cover 3. New England may not do that.
Yeah, EVERYONE is figuring THIS one, up against Brady and Belichek, will be his "undoing". It will be tough, a different kind of test--and the whole team, Tebow included, will have to put up a sustained effort throughout in order to be close enough at the end, with a chance to do what by now they EXPECT themselves to do--and if there is one lesson that can and should be learned from this whole adventure, it is that one should NEVER underestimate the power of a TEAM well-led, a group of men who believe in themselves and each other: EXPECTING a certain outcome, they are apt to go out and make it HAPPEN.
Your point is well-taken once they GET to the 4th qrtr in a close one though, E-, and if that IS the case once more, then it will be up to #15 to show ANOTHER side to his growing patience and skill-level: to make his reads and check-downs, then put the ball where his guy can go get it. (Aside: I can't quite believe it, but here I am sounding like a Broncos-fan--something that I have never been; I guess I AM now, as long as TT is leading them...)
However, what I think Belichek will at least TRY to do is not let the Broncos HAVE their comfort-zone, their "regular script": I think he'll try very hard to reverse the order in which things play out lately for Denver, try to score "early and often"--at least a couple of TDs if they can...put the pressure on Denver and make them try to match it. The Broncos can't be TOO far behind late in the game without facing coming up short no matter HOW effective their "furious comeback" may be this time.
Nothing in "The Rules" says that Tebow and Co. can't themselves "start early" though, maybe put the Patriots in that very same hole. Not what anyone is expecting (myself included, by the way--the current "Here We Go Again!"-scenario is both too well-entrenched AND too much FUN to be any kind of "coincidence" at this point: it feels like they'll do it 'til they can't, that it'll work until it DOESN'T...), but who knows?
Sooner or later, of course, Tebow and the Broncos will lose. Sooner or later they will come up short, or get nipped themselves at the end, or even just get slaughtered...but there is nothing that says it HAS to be this week, or this month, or this YEAR.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I deleted my post out of respect for the others on this message board. Hopefully the stalking will end.
"Respect"? Now THAT is the biggest joke yet. We all read it anyway--where was the "LOL"? Forgot it that time? Wait a minute...let's just check up above on this page of this very thread...yes, that's Mr. Zero, talking about "...as a strong Christian myself...", and wasn't there some whining complaint about my language, too? You're losing it, laddie, and as you do, you are completely unmasked as the phony little hypocrite that you are.
You know, repressed, judgmental sociopaths like yourself ALWAYS reveal themselves in just this way: victims of their own flaws, publicly displayed, when meeting ANY kind of resistance.
As for "stalking", again: this is OUR site...YOU are the "visitor", and this obsessive trolling is itself a kind of "cyber-stalking". Pretty lightweight so far, though--and as long as you are doing such a bang-up job of proving my very point about you, we'll just let you dig your own little hole a bit longer, if that's what you choose to do. You're going to HAVE to find another sandbox to play in soon, though, Blocko; as I've tried to warn you in other responses, this has gotten old in a hurry. The Gators here would MUCH rather share and enjoy the success of a fellow Gator we have ALWAYS loved and been proud of--TIM TEBOW--and that's what we'll return to DOING on this particular thread.
You don't get to set ANY agenda here--I swear to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema