• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Spurrier to DUKE?

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I sure as hell would love that. Say what you want about him, but the man is an Effing Genius.:bananapowerslide: :D

That as well! I still cannot believe they found a way to beat us in Meyer's first year. SOS kept us out of the SEC ATL game then and unfortunately Richt did this year. Spurrier will always have a place in this Gator's heart, but he is the enemy at least once every year!

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Well I sure's hell thought spurrier would be here forever, but it didn't work out that way, and it doesn't matter where he coaches, i'll always love steve spurrier, I don't have to like the team he coaches to like just "HIM", so to me, he's not a enemy once a year. As for him going to Duke that wouldn't really surprise me seeing he came up coaching them first.

gaterz85

Gator Fan
Spurrier would have been in G'ville if it wasn't for Foley (A.D.)
They did not get along...
But all's well that ends well.

Who knows what the future holds for Florida and Spurrier. I think someday he will be back in G'ville in some sort of capacity.

G O
A
T
O
R
S

preachinGator

VIP Member
Who knows what the future holds for Florida and Spurrier. I think someday he will be back in G'ville in some sort of capacity.

I do NOT see Spurrier back in G'ville in "some" capacity. I really don't see him back in G'ville and I don't see him going to Duke. He is satisfie in S.Car. for now. His words were "I see S. Car. as a challenge and that is what I want". (something like that!

gaterz85

Gator Fan
I do NOT see Spurrier back in G'ville in "some" capacity. I really don't see him back in G'ville and I don't see him going to Duke. He is satisfie in S.Car. for now. His words were "I see S. Car. as a challenge and that is what I want". (something like that!

I certainly dont mean now or even the near future. Purely speculation. But for a man that is a UF grad , football player, Coach, Teacher. there is a very strong connection to his UF ties and he feels "at home" in Gville.

I was referring to more of a distant connection and return when he feels the need to return to his roots (as it were).

Perhaps as merely a teacher or spokerperson of sorts etc...when he retires.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators

For as long as I can remember, and keep in mind i'm only 20yrs old so it wasn't that long ago, but can't anyone read no-ones mind, anything is possible who knows Spurrier could be the AD for florida someday, we do NOT know that, and if you can read minds, please let me know what i'm thinking if you say there's no-way he could ever come back to gainsville, cuz it won't be good. ;)

preachinGator

VIP Member
For as long as I can remember, and keep in mind i'm only 20yrs old so it wasn't that long ago, but can't anyone read no-ones mind, anything is possible who knows Spurrier could be the AD for florida someday, we do NOT know that, and if you can read minds, please let me know what i'm thinking if you say there's no-way he could ever come back to gainsville, cuz it won't be good. ;)

OMG hayley, you shouldn't be thinking things like that. What? You didn't know I can read minds??
LOL
Sorry, sweetie, but I did say "I do not see" meaning in my opinion. Yes, anything can happen. I personally like Spurrier and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he were the AD....I just don't see it happening.
muah

FanSmack

VIP Member
Spurrier will never be an AD. And he will never come back to UF. By the time Meyer leaves or an opportunity comes available for him, he will either be retired or not interested.

I'm saying never. You're just saying that there's always a possibility. Well of course. That's true with anything. But it won't happen.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
Spurrier will never be an AD. And he will never come back to UF. By the time Meyer leaves or an opportunity comes available for him, he will either be retired or not interested.

I'm saying never. You're just saying that there's always a possibility. Well of course. That's true with anything. But it won't happen.

pffffffff your right, i'ma girl and we all know they don't nothing right? ;)

FanSmack

VIP Member
Ummmm ok I guess.

Spurrier has no intentions of leaving South Carolina. The rumors you're hearing are just rumors.

I'm not sure what you mean by your post I was just stating the 99% chance of what will happen based on his reports and other staff that he has had and does have currently.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema