• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Spikes calls Big 12 defenses "a joke"

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/sec/0-4-35/Florida-s-Spikes-calls-Big-12-defenses-a-joke.html

"You keep hearing they've done this and scored all these points in the last five games," Spikes said. "But I really feel like they haven't faced a defense like ours, and Big 12 defenses are a joke. It's always like a bunch of basketball scores when I watch SportsCenter. So we'll see."

Spikes said the Sooners are "living in a fantasy world" with some of the things they've said about Tebow not even being among the top quarterbacks if he played in the Big 12.

"Deep down, they know what they're going to get," Spikes said. "I don't know if they're trying to pump each other up or what. That's just crazy to say something like that."

Florida running back Jeffery Demps went one better. He said the Sooners "must be on something" to suggest that Tebow would be no better than the fourth best quarterback in the Big 12.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I was hoping that we did not need to resort to "he did it first" and "mommy he hit me". Oh well.

Then again, Texas isn't looking too sharp against OSU here in the 3rd quarter. Does UT not match up well against OSU? Or does this show that the Big 12 is just as vulnerable as the conferences?

EDIT: As soon as I submitted this response Texas scored. Colt McCoy is a stud.

(Please, please, Florida! Don't make me look bad in front of all my Big 12 friends this week!)

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
I wish Spikes would have kept his mouth shut even thought OU made the first insult

OU made the first insult?

You may want to look things up and find out whom made the first gesture.

And what Franks said is in no way an insult to Tebow or the Gators.

You all are awefully sensitive.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
I was hoping that we did not need to resort to "he did it first" and "mommy he hit me". Oh well.

Then again, Texas isn't looking too sharp against OSU here in the 3rd quarter. Does UT not match up well against OSU? Or does this show that the Big 12 is just as vulnerable as the conferences?

EDIT: As soon as I submitted this response Texas scored. Colt McCoy is a stud.

(Please, please, Florida! Don't make me look bad in front of all my Big 12 friends this week!)

I think it shows something other than what you mentioned.

1. the Big 12 has nothing to do with performances of Bowl games.
2. Bowl games are about match ups.

OSU made Texas one dimensional. They completely shut down the rush of Texas, which is not hard, considering they really do not have a quality RB.

Colt McCoy is a very good leader...and how much talent (or lack thereof) surrounds him this year, I would venture to say he is a better leader on the field than Tebow.

He has made 3 comebacks this year. OU, Tech and OSU. Only the Tech game was that comeback shotdown thanks for giving too much time on the clock when scoring.

Okay, I am done backing up Texas and McCoy....I am going to go vomit now.

Escambia94

Okay, I am done backing up Texas and McCoy....I am going to go vomit now.

There's nothing wrong with backing up good teams and good players. I happen to like Colt McCoy. I also like that the two teams, OSU and Texas, generally were respectful of one another on and off the field. I also understand that Florida does not garner the same respect because its history of winning is barely 2 decades old, with one championship per decade so far. (If you read some of my other posts, I am happy just to have those two championships and not go winless or below .500 for a long period of time). I also a fan of Sam Bradford. The Oklahoma offense IS fun to watch. I am teaching my kids how to watch football, and Oklahoma is a better exemplar of a typical NCAA offense than most teams (I don't consider the spread offense to be a "typical" offense for newbies in watching football). Don't get me wrong. I will be rooting for the Gators, and I think they can win, and I like the Urban Meyer spread offense.

Oh well, I'll find out after my short deployment how exciting the game was.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
There's nothing wrong with backing up good teams and good players. I happen to like Colt McCoy. I also like that the two teams, OSU and Texas, generally were respectful of one another on and off the field. I also understand that Florida does not garner the same respect because its history of winning is barely 2 decades old, with one championship per decade so far. (If you read some of my other posts, I am happy just to have those two championships and not go winless or below .500 for a long period of time). I also a fan of Sam Bradford. The Oklahoma offense IS fun to watch. I am teaching my kids how to watch football, and Oklahoma is a better exemplar of a typical NCAA offense than most teams (I don't consider the spread offense to be a "typical" offense for newbies in watching football). Don't get me wrong. I will be rooting for the Gators, and I think they can win, and I like the Urban Meyer spread offense.

Oh well, I'll find out after my short deployment how exciting the game was.

You wont be able to watch it?

Will you have internet access? If so you can access if for free on the internet.

Escambia94

No Internet. No phone service. Nothing. I hope to catch Tebow on TiVo next week, and maybe a text message on Saturday.

inthestands

Gator Fan
So how bout those "powerful" big-12 offenses. it seems that in bowl season every time they match up against a defense in the top 100 they spuuter a bit. Let's be honest, Texas was given minimum 1 touchdown on a BS roughing the passer call on fourth down and if you are truely honest, the refs gave texas 2 scores.

[
OU made the first insult?

You may want to look things up and find out whom made the first gesture.

And what Franks said is in no way an insult to Tebow or the Gators.

You all are awefully sensitive.

Well, let some a - hole sooner fan key stripe your car as they did mine and get back to me on the sensitive issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema