• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Potential DC Candidates to Replace Todd Grantham

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Hmmm, wonder what Muschamp is doing right now.
Asking for a friend.
@miltongator Be sure to tell your friend that Muschamp is currently the #41 defensive coordinator based on his resume to this point. It is possible that he learned a few tricks at Georgia and he may wind up being a top-10 DC after his gig as a defensive analyst; however, the data points to him being a middle-tier DC or bottom-tier HC as he bounces between roles as HC, DC, and analyst.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
@miltongator Be sure to tell your friend that Muschamp is currently the #41 defensive coordinator based on his resume to this point. It is possible that he learned a few tricks at Georgia and he may wind up being a top-10 DC after his gig as a defensive analyst; however, the data points to him being a middle-tier DC or bottom-tier HC as he bounces between roles as HC, DC, and analyst.

Could Muschamp return as DC and hire an offensive-minded coach.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Could Muschamp return as DC and hire an offensive-minded coach.
He HAD his chance here—and brought in Charlie WEISS to “fix the offense” (!!!).
Sorry; I wouldn’t want that borderline psych-job NEAR our program again.
I guess that’s why I’m so ambivalent about even Mullen now; I DON’T believe he will bring us Championships now after all—but he MIGHT be able to oversee “just enough recovery”, organizationally speaking, over the next season or two (with meanwhile a relatively sparse field of dazzling alternative candidates out there) to GET us to a place where such a person IS available and our not necessarily having sank so far as to be damn near irretrievable...NOT exactly “a ringing endorsement”, I know —but that’s admittedly all I GOT right now:
I. JUST. DON’T. KNOW.
That’s right. I don’t KNOW, so I cannot make a well-found judgment or decision either way. I don’t believe in this Coach anymore, but I can’t say that any particular change will likely help us at the moment.
Pretty well sums UP our “futility”, don’t it?
(A game like we just played will DO that to ya...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema