• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ou fans here read!

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
Google is a wonderful thing.

I found a few, lurked for awhile to see which one I thought was the best. And chose this one.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Google is a wonderful thing.

I found a few, lurked for awhile to see which one I thought was the best. And chose this one.

Wise choice. As a Gator fan, I lurked for a while before registering. I almost left when a bunch of other fans got on and ruined my Gator Envy surfing experience. Many times, I am reading these forums from my cell phone while waiting in the airport or in places where I am getting cell phone signal for the first time in months. I find it disappointing to wait for a page to load only discover half of the threads tainted with flamers, trolls, outright BS. I would hate to be in transit between Iraq and Germany or even San Antonio and DC only to be disappointed with pure crap. This site has the least crap, on most days.

Never go to the ESPN ones, like the first 2 pages, for every 3 threads 2 of them are trolled and one is good.. but the good ones usually wind up being trolled anyways :/

chisportsfan

Gator Fan
I was invited from DaBearz.com website by O-town Gator. We both root for the Bears. I root for OU on the college side. See my post in "Introductions" for more info.

I just googled. Found this site first. Saw it was free so I thought I'd try it. I could continue to post here for a long time. Good board.

SWAMPTHING08

Gator Fan
It was kind of weird how i found Gatorenvy. I had a screens saver that had the website address on it so i decided to check it out and i registered for it.

so do you think tebow has a chance for his 2nd Heisman?

Based on the media surrounding it, yeah. I think all 3 have a shot at it. One day you see Sam in the lead, then tim, then tim has more 1st place votes, but sam has a ton of 2nd place votes. whatever.

statistically i think graham harrell should've been invited at the least. also statistically, i dont think tebow has any business being there. There are 3 qbs that i know of with better numbers and similar records.

please keep in mind the word "statistically". this is not a put down on tebow, its facts. Hell tebow had a better year stat wise last year.

but this the heisman. its more than stats. apparently its going on tv after losing and making promises, its a qb running amok on the field when its time for special teams or defense to play.

I honestly dont care who wins. Seriously. I wont even be watching it because i have a family christmas party tomorrow night. All i want is OU to be ahead of florida when the game is over. 1 point, 1/2 a point. it dont matter.

Based on the media surrounding it, yeah. I think all 3 have a shot at it. One day you see Sam in the lead, then tim, then tim has more 1st place votes, but sam has a ton of 2nd place votes. whatever.

statistically i think graham harrell should've been invited at the least. also statistically, i dont think tebow has any business being there. There are 3 qbs that i know of with better numbers and similar records.

please keep in mind the word "statistically". this is not a put down on tebow, its facts. Hell tebow had a better year stat wise last year.

but this the heisman. its more than stats. apparently its going on tv after losing and making promises, its a qb running amok on the field when its time for special teams or defense to play.

I honestly dont care who wins. Seriously. I wont even be watching it because i have a family christmas party tomorrow night. All i want is OU to be ahead of florida when the game is over. 1 point, 1/2 a point. it dont matter.

At least your honest, but i also believe he should have been invited but he wasn't But i will be honest also, I think tim has every right to be there because he has played way better defenses than the other two hands down but dont let me talk them down they are just as good as him but stll its just how I fell.

You wouldnt be a gator fan if you didnt think tebow deserves it. There are times i try to look at things without my crimson glasses. Not saying you are not btw. Just sayin I'm really trying to with this heisman race, but what if we threw in a computer element to this vote. tebow would be totally screwed because he is nowhere near with numbers. computers dont know emotion or intangibles. thats basically all I hear regarding why tebow deserves it.

Ou fans have seen this before. I've mentioned Josh Heupel in 2000. basically lost the heisman cause Weinke and the semenholes put up huge numbers, where Heupel was more like a Tebow compared to Bradford. less numbers, but just has that "it" quality about him.

For the record, i dont ever want a computer to help decide a heisman. if that happened timmy chang, any texas tech qb, or 2K rusher would probably win every year. I used the computer thing as a debate on tebow and bradford.

something else. how much better stat wise were the defenses UF played vs. OU's. use that difference against offensive stats against those D's. Does OU's yards, points, etc against their defenses outweigh the strength of defense UF played against? I hope I described that well enough. It seems confusing when i re-read it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema