• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 9: Florida Gators 17, Georgia Bulldogs 36 10/27/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
THAT IS A TOTAL CHOKE.
Even if we hold here, our D will wear down by the half this way.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Fuck this. We hand them the game.
And you SAW how we can't make big plays through the air with Franks.
I had that "bad feeling"--but NOT that we would embarrass ourselves.
Best we can do from here, against THIS 'Dogs squad, is MAYBE hold our own, not get slaughtered...but this is a young, still fragile Gator team emotionally: I have a feeling we collapse and after that near miss TD for us, then fumble...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Announcer makes good point:
Mullen has CALLED a perfect game, on paper--everything he has tried has basically worked, except he's DOWN 10 POINTS!
There's a throw Fillipe CAN make.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Geez. Franks throws the BAD INT. Had the first down in the flat. Guys--I'm cracking the bourbon. Sorry. Really WAS looking forward to this one--at LEAST that we were ready to keep it close.
One more thing, gotta say it:
If we had a real "GATOR QB", we'd be AHEAD here. That last one was just a terrible throw by Franks.
Call me a "deserter", but Henderson is gone for day--and don't think I'LL be around much unless we somehow get back IN this one. And it's ONE thing to do it against Vanderbilt--another in The Cocktail Party:
"Not quite ready for Primetime".

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
How many interceptions until Dan Mullen sends in Kyle Trask?
USATSI_9998665-718x490.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Turning off Stadium radio feed for now, no sound on TV...This is THAT disappointing a failure-to-fire-in-the-face-of-the-enemy...
Yes, runners get stripped--Apologies, E--, but Franks is really for shit: as a defense, you can just FORGET about defending the long ball over the top AND the deep middle: He can't hit it--might even underthrow it to YOUR guy (It's ALWAYS either the miss over the top or the potential INT on the underthrow).
We can RUN--but a GOOD team has it MADE once they get up on us early.
I just can't STAND watching offenses like ours when it's any OTHER team or game; seeing it from OUR pffense, knowing how limited our Head Coach and staff are simply by our QB's monumental ineptitude in this huge part of the college game, well, it is the difference between limping along at "almost good", and actually BEING good.
WE WON'T BE "GOOD" UNTIL WE GET OURSELVES A TRUE "GATOR QB" FOR MULLEN'S OFFENSE. Until then, it's all on our RBs and Grantham's defense--probably good for 8 or 9 wins, but that is our limit. PERIOD. IS ANYONE SATISFIED WITH THAT??? (Another Franks' underthrow of the long ball). Yes, we are moving the ball, but getting "teased, then fallimg short" is what a Franks-led offense gives us, long term. Has to GO after this season: I believe Mullen KNOWS this--that what he, we ALL OF US are seeing here is the limits of what we can be, how far this offense can go with Franks under center. Even if we somehow were to claw our way back into this and make a game of it, even ultimately WIN, it will be IN SPITE OF FRANKS. I mean it. We are driving our way back into at least a closer game than it looked like it would be--we haven't "collapsed" yet, and if our D can get a big turnover somewhere in here we might yet make a game of this--but so far I can't help but think about the chances squandered, the points handed to THEM, and the simple fact that the long pass is essentially CLOSED to us--a potential liability rather than a threat.
Again:
WE WILL NOT WIN ANYTHING MEANINGFUL WITH FRANKS AS OUR QB.
Y'all watch: Come the spring, unless Franks magically (or thru some miracle surgery? Lol) somehow starts throwing DARTS downfield through tiny windows of accuracy, WE WILL HAVE A NEW QB IN THERE. Mullen will make it his business and main spring project to get Emory Jones in there, up and gaining real experience with the first unit. He HAS to: time is NOW: Come next season, he has got to turn the page, see what he's got there even if at first (with mistakes of a redshirt freshman QB) it seems as much a step back as step forward...but it WILL pay off, if he has the necessary skills to run Mullen's high octane scheme.
Yeah, yeah, yeah--this is a different Gator team already: We sonehow have not wilted in the face of all that early adversity, have a chance to get even by the half...
I see that: A big injury on D and we tighten up there. All KINDS of failures on offense, yet somehow we come back and drive the field. But we have severe limitation at the quarterback position: That must be faced and addressed for NEXT season, at least.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I have been listening to the WRUF feed with Mick Hubert. Listen in with TuneIn, or stream from the website.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Does anyone ELSE think we shoulda thought about a fake punt there?
Only sone sort of big takeaway/reversal gets us back in this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema