• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: Week 4, #9 Florida Gators 34, Tennessee Volunteers 3 9/21/19

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
17-0 at the half.
You know, assuming we win this one (and we have the shut out in hand after a rather lackluster half on the part of our offense, at least--we ought to be able to at LEAST play them even up the rest of the way), my friend here (big Longhorn fan, waiting for THEIR game against OSU Cowboys later) suggests Mullens consider playing Jones THE WHOLE WAY against Towson: Get him game reps, a full on START and a real full game experience--in so doing both help to accelerate his learning curve AND help to encourage him to "stick around"... He's currently Mullens' ONLY alternative up the road after Trask (and who knows when or IF Franks "future" will resume--or what form it will take, for that matter), so we all understand why Emory is still playing at ALL, based on a comparison of "readiness" and "current skill sets"! Jones is STILL Mullens' sole future-candidate at QB-1, ESPECIALLY as a dual threat guy in a wide open spread offense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Haven't been greatly impressed with our performance... "Good enough to win...", sure--but only against the lesser teams of the SEC, like I said. The elite will beat us even on their "off"-days, for the most part. WE need to be healthy, inspired and LUCKY to stay with the likes of Alabama or Clemson--or UGA, LSU and the like, for that matter. Not sure about Auburn; we MIGHT have a shot against them, healthy and on a GOOD day. We will get a chance to see in a few weeks.
But honestly: Are you impressed with today's performance thus far???
Do you think we can afford to "cruise" from here? No, we gotta keep playimg, that's for DAMN sure. Abd we BETTER find a way to run the ball--or they coukd catch us!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh oh. They are driving on us, ON THE GROUND. We have GOT to shut this down. NOW.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good. Hold em to 3, then drive the field for more points? We damn well BETTER TRY; This one is gonna take another 10 Gator points to win...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Trask finally makes a boneheaded throw. Gives them a ray of hope. Hope he learned a lesson there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just eanna see us get to the 4th without another score...This sub-QB is giving them a spark now...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. Will Pruitt go for it? Doubt it--but if wr drive on them NOW it is over.
Damn, Wipes OUT Swain! 15 yarder on them--but we CANNOT afford to lose ANOTHER "fastback". Hopefully we start getting em all back NEXT week...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. You wanna be one of "THOSE teams"? Time to drive the field, put this AWAY, Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am so TIRED of our "missing running game"...If not for Trask's connection with his receivers here we'd have had some weird "9-to-3" game going here...As it is, it is 3rd and 10 and little chan e of converting this. But no. I was wrong. Today we MAKE those. But pick in the endzone kills THAT drive. Off our WR's hands.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
AA9BFA1E-546C-4E7D-A55D-AEA3D75A32A0.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And we still are missing tackles.
This has NOT been a game that instills me withANY confidence in the tough games ahead. We had tgem right where we wanted them--and now they haveife entering the 4th quarter. TWICE in the redzone there in the late 3rd, but Tradk throws 2 picks--2nd one SHOULD have been caught for a TD, instead set up in tip to defender...but the first one wad nust a poor decision/poor throw. I'm telling ya--unlesd our D pulls off ANOTHER "escape", this game is gonna get hairy down the stretch: WE SHOULDA PUT THIS ONE AWAY BY NOW!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey. Is anyone out there? Or are y'all so nervous you're sweating this out?
Fumble!!! Gator ball. Yes!
Another gift from the Gator D.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema