• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: Week 4, #9 Florida Gators 34, Tennessee Volunteers 3 9/21/19

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What a shame--now we WON'T get to see a 2-QB game--unless this is called Gator ball after all...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have now seen enough to know this: We are just not good enough or DEEP enough to compete with "The Big Boys" yet. Without our trickster-backs we have no running game (Pdrrine turns out to be LESS than hoped--but he has little help from his O-line)...and down our two best cover guys we are OK, but not "scaty" deep. We may win here ("MAY"), and against the lesser teams on our schedule--but the good teams will beat us, you watch.
Yikes--holding on a stupid flag on our guy gives ema 1st on a failed 2nd-and-21 play! Like I say--we can only beat BAD teams I'm afraid.
We MUST build and O-line. And we are STILL looking for a 5-star QB, btw. Trask can steady the ship long as all the OTHER pieces are there--but they're NOT.
IF we manage to win this one, we might go 9-and-3 plus a decent bowl, but that is about our limit right now. Amd no guarantee THAT!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Trask sure is a cool one, though. Can you imagine how smooth this offense would run with a RUNNING GAME???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We just refuse to TAKE this one. Damn well drive the field this time--and DON'T rely on the running game: they KNOW they can stop it--but that is leaving the tight end open. Cheat up on him, and one of your WRs will spring loose--maybe BOTH!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(This'd have been a good series for Jones; ah, here he is...and another penalty immediately! I just don't see this WORKING. I mean, Jones just hasn't shpwn much yet. Unless he can throw it, he needs to go back to the bench.
Wasted series--and wasted field position. Uh oh. I foresee Emory Jones sittimg mode and more...and eventually (unlike Kyle Trask) going the "transfer portal" route. Thing is, he might very well turn out to be real good--for SOMEONE ELSE, I'M AFRAID. That's happened often enough with our "cast offs" even BEFORE ths new transfer rules!
But Trask has been so much more poised and efficient. We just can't afford Emory's early learning curve now...we just don't have the talent or depth to weather his mistakes.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn well better get some more points while the getting's good...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not a forward pass--CERTAINLY not "indisputable". Aw, bullshit call.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
AC6A0BE6-495C-4384-906C-CB95D3DB2F99.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema