• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 13: #11 Florida Gators vs FSU Seminoles - Nov 24, 2018

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Time to take a breath, finally?
D FINALLY gets the takeaway--and FILLIPE MAKES EM PAY IN NEXT PLAY!
27-7 LATE IN 3rd; They HAVE to start slingin' it, our D line etc can pin their ears back and go AFTER him...and when it all is said and done, all WE have to DO now is play our game rest of the way. O-line is finally asserting utself, run game is starting to get traction...We can pull away now: Coach Dan will NOT just "wait for them" either. He will have us go for tge jugular, as he should.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damnit! The one thing we CAN'T DO is let em beat us deep now. Make them WORK FOR EVERYTHING. NO MORE EASY STUFF.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Terrible. Kid stuff. You only have to hem him IN there--but instead you give up big run to QB after having him in 4th and long
Now they are back in it, at keast in their heads.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am going back to backing off: It was working so well.
Lets get another score and get to the 4th.
Run it down their THROATS, Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(This Gator team just doesn't know how to really FINISH, yet. They have to learn how to "STEP ON THEIR NECKS NOW, celebrate later".)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Fillipe Franks FINALLY seems to get it. Throws the fly over the top PERFECTLY to Jefferson. Touchdown to start the 4th.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hope y'all are WATCHING this. We have seen Fillipe MISS these so often, so long--and even longer that the Gators DON'T respond to the kind of challenge faced today on the road.
NOT over yet. Gotta NOT do that, for eg.
WTF, guys? CAN'T give those points right back now...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another 4 down situation here: CAN we stop them this time???
Game on line for them...
Pick!!! Back over mid-field! This is exactly the way I HOPED it might head, once we had 'em down...They have the talent on offense to be a dangerous team soon enough, though. I hate 'em, but they'd be stupid to lose Taggard, like there's some growing call for over there in the Redneck Republic. It is their lack of personnel on defense that will keep them down for now.
Meanwhile, we run the ball effectively from here, score ANY more points at ALL and this one SHOULD be ours.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are not out of this one yet--but MAN: I feel a whole lot different, though and through, with this last stop. Mullen will make sure they finish right, burn clock and get outta here with the win, I think.
This one was one of the toughest games for me to watch, for some reason...but I FINALLY am without that clutching pain in my gut now: Had it all WEEK!
REALLY helped Franks taking another big step forward today. Not JUST a "manager" today, though he was THAT too, but he threw it well long too.
(Why not take the 3 there?--I mean, they had a guy open in flats for TD--but ANY score would have done there: not dure what Dan saw...Still, got em deep)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Do they go for it on 4th down from THERE this time (lol)? No. Punt.
We get it on their side of 50.
Now: Run that clock. Take 3 or 4 minutes off the clock and it WON'T matter if we score again or not. Maybe THAT'S what Coach was thinking--that, and "bad things can happen on kicks"? No, he MUSTA thought we'd get a first or score there--over either way...We have another chance at same now, and our running game has gotten stronger and stronger here in 2nd half.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hahaha..Look at 'em leaving in DROVES.
Y'all guaranteed you'd BEAT us...Now all you'll beat is traffic...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gator Victory--In many ways, the biggest this season: Has to do with what we are BECOMING, who we are going to BE.
I'M not so worried about who we may lose to the NFL: Our future is MUCH more about the kind of guys this Coach and staff will be bringing IN. And as we now know, we already HAVE some good ones among the UNDERclassmen who are ready to step up and in NOW. We manage to close on some of these late-maybes in recruiting and things will get even better in a HURRY.
For now, let's see what our "reward" will be in post-season, practice/play hard, keep learning and growing--and go into NEXT season ready to take the NEXT Big Step Forward.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Last point: If when y'all get a chance to reflect and comment on this one, WHAT DID YOU SEE? HOW DO YOU VIEW THIS TEAM, AND ITS FUTURE?

awebbf5

VIP Member
Just now got off work but was able to watch. I said if we went 8-4 I'd be ecstatic we went 9-3 , so I'm very happy. Only thing that sucks was we let the Kentucky streak get snapped.

I wish Mullen would have let Chauncey plant the flag. I loved Chauncey holding up the seminal head. I'll never forget the year they brought the gator head out after the refs blatantly screwed us out of that game.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Just now got off work but was able to watch. I said if we went 8-4 I'd be ecstatic we went 9-3 , so I'm very happy. Only thing that sucks was we let the Kentucky streak get snapped.

I wish Mullen would have let Chauncey plant the flag. I loved Chauncey holding up the seminal head. I'll never forget the year they brought the gator head out after the refs blatantly screwed us out of that game.

I'm hoping for 10-3 with the bowl game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Franks played enough BETTER today that I am finally gonna make the EFFORT to get and type out his first name right:
"Feleipe"? Is that correct? I have seen it at least THREE different ways out there, so between that and my stubborn determination to NOT bother pinning it down long as HE doesn't bother to finally even TRY PINNING DOWN HOW TO THROW the skinny post, etc., but as of this afternoon, "Feleipe" gets that modicum amount of effort and support from ME.
(Now we may have a true and STRONG "QB Competion" come Spring--which is all to the good: He either keeps growing, getting better himself or it's justa matter of time before "someone with more upside" overtakes him--which is how it has to be at this level.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Yeah--EMOTIONALLY I agree with you, for all your reasons and MORE...BUT I also see where Coach Dan is coming from: He'd rather take the high ground, have players who have the self-control to do the same--and anyway HE has nothing against Willie Taggard personally, and in the long run prob sees no reason to hand THEM any solid reason to feel the way WE already feel for all those prior reasons and sleights ourselves. OUR righteous grudges against them AND their ignorant, loud-mouthed fans are well-founded and long-standing: They'll continue to motivate us adequately for YEARS to come...Be fine with me (and our Coach, I think) if that sort of thing marked one more part of the difference between our players, teams, programs and SCHOOLS in the years ahead: As in "We're the smart, strong and CLASSY ones; they're the angry and foolish ones who beat themselves!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema