• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread Week 1: Florida Gators vs #8 Utah Utes 9/3/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
"Woulda/Shoulda/Coulda"
But no use looking back--at least not now.
Maybe later, in the aftermath there'll be lessons we can and will learn and take away from that first half (although one'd HOPE that most of them would have been learned before NOW).
For the moment, this team must regroup, settle down, get with their Coaches and apply what WORKED to eliminating errors and more efficiently exploiting our clear positional and seeming talent advantages.
I still say we have opportunities at quick strike long throws from Anthony. Our running game is solid too--and Pearsal is clearly a weapon.
But above all, we have GOT to be a more PHYSICAL team in every way: We are faster, generally more talented all over the field--but somehow discipline, technique and sharp-HITTING are still somewhat lacking.
THAT, if anything, will be what gets us beat, if we don't address it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
WE are gonna HAVE to get a big takeaway somehow, I think, to eventually take this game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
More poor tackling. Another stupid penalty.
They will score from a foot away now. But not yet. 3rd and goal: 4th down inside our one.
FUMBLE!!! Goalline stand.
Will that be the turning point here?
Only if we can AT LEAST grind it out of our end and push them back to the other side of the field.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Richardson got away with a bad throw. Need to buckle down. Penalties still an issue.

Attachments

• E516B36D-6E89-44C3-B80B-8559A00BF452.jpeg
    E516B36D-6E89-44C3-B80B-8559A00BF452.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 41

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yikes. Can only IMAGINE how much better we might be once we learn to eliminate all these mistakes!
And then AR is fortunate not to get that intercepted (when he HAD a reciever open for a first; he has missed SEVERAL of those at crucial moments tonight).
Well, they DID "flip the field" after that fumble recovery inside the one, anyway.
This team has made a "close one" despite generally showing more speed and talent than this supposed "Top Ten" program.
Nuts, long completion to midfield by Utes.
We just GOTTA stop them now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It is still our defense that will either make or break us --not just here tonight but throughout the first maybe HALF of this season.

Escambia94

Utah retakes the lead.

Attachments

• 0C79043A-E6B5-4527-85A0-E31E580906AB.jpeg
    0C79043A-E6B5-4527-85A0-E31E580906AB.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 40

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't know how this will come out here tonight, but all inall these Gators have pretty well performed as I had alternately both hoped and feared. It may just come down to our Offense having to pull the game out at the end--realisticalky ALSO about what I expected, if I'm honest with myself about it.
More missed tackles for a big gain.
Then again as their RB runs it in from the 7.
They go for 2...failed.
Makes little difference, at this point.
We may well have to score TWO more TDs to ultimately win this one. I don't know if we'll manage it--but I'm even LESS confident our D will do more than "slow them down some"; Can't count on us actually STOPPING them the rest of the game. If we can hold them to just ONE more score it'll be the likely best chance we'll get to actually WIN this thing.
To a great extent, it's all on Richardson and this offense now. Sure hope Billy & Co. have some pre-planned surprises in their 4th quarter "bag-of-tricks".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Great quick-drive. Here's a familiar refrain:
"IF ONLY WE HAD A DEFENSE!"
Well, the one we've got, if still a little inconsistent, does look somewhat "improved" overall.
Just GOTTA get more PHYSICAL--Stop missing tackles and START wrapping guys up on the first TRY.

Escambia94

Gators retake the lead.

Attachments

• 63C6C09D-8FA8-49D8-A16E-F1ADB0434D56.jpeg
    63C6C09D-8FA8-49D8-A16E-F1ADB0434D56.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 42

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Jeez! MORE missed tackles.
WTF is WITH these guys? Are we still just overmatched across-the-board?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(I wonder where Lf is tonight, by the way...We're MISSING you, dude!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Is it their scheme wearing us down. Or are we just in the end still a "weak defense"?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just don't think Utah is that good. Either that, or WE really ARE coming along faster than expected (possibly before our very EYES).
ALMOST stopped them--but who cares? They'll soon have a first down inside our 30, regardless.
First down Utes.
If there were EVER a time to come through on defense, this would be IT, boys.
But instead we give up the little dump off to get them to our 13. Unless we stop missing tackles, we'll soon be down 4 points.
And instead, they run it in. MORE missed tackles.
Like I said: It would take at least another score to pull this out at the end.
So it's all on AR and our Offense after all.
And we somehow can't score "TOO quickly"...gotta score, but burn some clock in the process.

Escambia94

Utes retake the lead. Stats are dead even.

Attachments

• 24C755B1-4BF6-43E5-B61B-F882CE8C03EF.jpeg
    24C755B1-4BF6-43E5-B61B-F882CE8C03EF.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 32

Escambia94

Weird call. Gators have to convert the 4th down and 3 or else Utah gets 1:54 to milk a win—with 3 timeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema