• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread 2023 Week 13: #4 FSU Seminoles at Florida Gators 11/25/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NOTE:
I REALLY DID ENJOY SEEING/HEARING TT GO ON AT LENGTH (while actual crucial 2nd half play went on off-camera right in front them, the sideline reporter sticking the Mike in his face abd asking him, "What's it like to be a TOTAL GATOR on this of ALL days, Game of ALL Games tonight here in the Swamp?"
...Well what do you THINK, Dude???!
But professionsl-Tim just calmly gives his fully enthusiastic Gator-ANSWER.
ANOTHER awkward moment in a strange telecast.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
My reaction remains the same:
- The 2023 Gators were a horrible team
- There are many reasons they were destined to be horrible, starting with young players being the only good ones
- I do not waste time talking about firing Billy Napier, Scott Stricklin, or Ben Sasse. That is silly overreaction by football fans who forget that college athletics is just a business and that football is just one part.
- I do not think the Gators will be good until 2025
- I predict a worse season in 2024

Despite all that, I still love the Gators. In all kinds of weather.
OIG.aTz0RFTRzQrIQU 2023 Florida Gators.png

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
My reaction remains the same:
- The 2023 Gators were a horrible team
- There are many reasons they were destined to be horrible, starting with young players being the only good ones
- I do not waste time talking about firing Billy Napier, Scott Stricklin, or Ben Sasse. That is silly overreaction by football fans who forget that college athletics is just a business and that football is just one part.
- I do not think the Gators will be good until 2025
- I predict a worse season in 2024

Despite all that, I still love the Gators. In all kinds of weather.View attachment 873
OK OK...I actually AGREE with you about the supposed "likelihood" of Billy's firing--ie. =Almost NIL (ha ha! Strange/FUNNY conicidental/ACCIDENTAL PUN here!) before 2026--but the fact still remains that, "over-reaction" or NOT, that "talk" will continue unabated, even as we few can SEE, grasp and understand the true realities surrounding the situation. Given all you say about NEXT season's (even higher degree of) difficulty, along with your ("sad but true") pronouncements concerning the transfer portal, even with a strong recovery in THIS recruiting cycle, and CONTINUED success in that regard, another similarly "tough season" in 2024 (with similar 50/50 game-record results) cannot help but yield all the LOUDER screams for Billy's firing. If those losses indeed pile up as a perceived result of continued choices, errors and and confusion on the SIDELINES, I cannot even IMAGINE how shrill and in what extreme form all that will take!
As it is, I have already stopped watching or following-in-the-slightest most online coverage of our program--by now not even the sympathetic and more calmly intelligent ones that I actually like...The whole SUBJECT had, for the moment, become too generally painful for me, stirring up frustrated feelings and recent memories that for me are currently best left by the wayside.
So to a certain extent, I may not AGREE with the "howlers" out there, but I do understand "where they're COMING from"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema