• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: #10 Florida Gators 41, #8 Michigan Wolverines 15, Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl 12/29/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Screenshot_20181229-140934.png

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So: Turns out I MISSED the key play of the game, that Dean INT early in the half.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ANOTHER blocked Punt! Pathetic special teams. You GOTTA do better than THAT! That was just lackadaisical play on that squad's part--including the kicker, who INVITED THAT ONE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
YES, the game is pretty well over--I mean, the Mich OFFENSE gets Delay of Game penalty...
And THERE'S THE PICK-6!!
TOTAL SURRENDER.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I guess they were just "settin' 'em up" with that blocked punt/safety!

awebbf5

VIP Member
Got to watch the game at work. So happy for our guys and happy to finally give Michigan a ass whooping!!!!!!!
Go gators!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So lets take stock: We are indeed a "team on the rise", better and better in every way, especially since that letdown/slump after Cocktail Party...But there is STILL a QB fight ahead--one we could have gotten a head start on today, but again: NOT gonna argue with success.
What you wanna bet Dan Mullen ain't hoping maybe someone OTHER than Filipe SEIZES the job come the spring...Other than that, it COULD go on right into the early season if not.
There's Felipe over there with a towel over his head, acting more like the LOSING QB than the winner...That sort of oversensitive emotionalism may well be part of the problem with him--so many of his flaws seem "in his head", potentially fixable, "if only..." Then again, he has definitely improved in SOME of those areas since all that started really coming out last few games. Maybe he FEEDS on it--in which case, have AT it dude! Who knows? Greatness comes in unique packages: Perhaps we are witnessing the MAKING of the young man. And if he DOES keep getting better, if HE turns out to be the one who "SEIZES" the job, leads us back to elite status next season, SO BE IT: I hope I'll be the first to admit to judging harshly, comes to that WRONGLY, if it turns out to be the case--but he HAS TO PROVE IT ON THE FIELD. He must start MAKING, KEEP making all those passes he has shown no facility for or consistency in making thus far. It's clear his TEAM loves him, wants to follow him--and that kind of leadership is absolutely invaluable at this level.
But AT "this level" it is a game of merit and skill, and our Head Coach has a set of skills in mind required to run his envisioned system efficiently, and a minimum standard of excellence which must be brought to the role. He will comtinue to search for, lijely already HAS at least one guy waiting in the wings who just might HAVE MORE OF THEM than Franks, and will meanwhile continue to work to bring in more--he can't be sentimental about it, either...As it is, I think we've seen him make some decisions with Franks' sensitvity and passionate emotionalism in mind (for example, Emory Jones unexpected lack of onfield time today, as a matter of fact)...Franks would do well to see that and try and meet it more than halfway--and the best, maybe the ONLY way to do THAT is to recognize, master and IMPROVE ON EVERY ONE OF THOSE SKILLS AND WEAKNESSES HE CAN, AS SOON AS HE CAN. In the months ahead, he needs to resent less and appreciate the situation MORE:
"Get BETTER, Kiddo! You have only to look at the films of your OWN play, contrasted with great Gators and/or top QBs at OTHER programs around current major college football, and a close look at that expanding Gator offensive playbook that continues to thicken as you improve, to understand what is required, and how you shut the critics and naysayers up for GOOD...You aren't gonna WHINE your way into our hearts!
Yes, you've had to do a lot with a little, especially when it comes to your protection, not to mention consistency at WR at times so far (they all need to learn to work back to you when you are flushed and scrambling, and DAMN you could use a solid TE too!) But YOU need to find touch and accuracy too, learn to throw receivers OPEN, etc.
That's the challenge you or ANYONE faces as starting QB for the Florida Gators: 'Get better, or get outta the WAY!' "

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Anyway, that 2nd half will sure make watching the REST of these games more pleasurable!
But most "interesting" of ALL will be to see where these coming weeks til NSD land us: It will be difficult to pin down (besides in the actual WORDS of potential recruits as they declare) perhaps, but I'll be looking closely for signs of how these last few games (especially today's outcome) stand us in finishing out this recruiting cycle.
It may well turn out to help immensely; certainly didn't HURT us!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Again, not really all that important EXCEPT in elusive, reported-after-the-fact terms, but where d y'all suppose we may ultimately be ranked at the end of the year now, AFTER all the remaining Bowl and playoff games???
I suppose the actual scores that ensue, who shows well even in losing, and/or who is upset or drubbed badly, and so on...But we'll be NEAR the "Top 5" at least, which could help in a coupla key decisions, this way or that. I don't even necessarily agree that that SHOULD be the case, but it does tend to play its part nowadays, and if it nets us a 5-star or swings a coupla contested-skill-players our way, for SURE we'll TAKE it--no PROBLEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema