• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: #10 Florida Gators 41, #8 Michigan Wolverines 15, Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl 12/29/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So: Now THEY'VE left some points on the field too.
All in all, Dan Mullen and Grantham make some adjustments here and MIGHT still pull this one out after all.
Coach Dan makes the same points here on the way off field: "We SHOULD be up a coupla scores here!"
...You KNOW why you're not, Coach--and though you have to handle him carefully (part of the PROBLEM with Filipe IS his over-sensitivity and failure to take responsibility for his own shortcomings--You think his Coach doesn't cringe inside when he sees his QB angrily "shushing" the Swamp crowd late in the year?), you GOTTA be at least CONSIDERING putting Emory JONES in there to at least START the 2nd half--we get the ball--and KEEP the job for awhile if he can move the ball, lead the team--especially if he can run AND hit some long ones...I gotta BELIEVE our Coach will be looking towards NEXT year, no matter WHAT he does...and I suppose one could mount arguments in either direction, on behalf of EITHER QB--but there are more potential revelations and benefits in giving Jones a chance, and especially in his SEIZING it!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One thing we CAN say, at least:
For SURE this Gator team, plays better, IS "better", emotionally AND physically, under THIS Head Coach than the last two. Without a DOUBT, HEAD and SHOULDERS "better" in every way!:
Even with our QB displaying his flaws on an off day, we look a whole lot better than we have in our recent previous meetings with this Harbaugh-coached Michigan squad. Unlike before, we have been thoroughly competitive from the start.
It is just so frustrating that we can't seem to take that half-step more that would have us running AWAY with this one.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Exactly. Are they now somehow coached NOT to turn? Since HIGH SCHOOL or something???
It depends on the high school. A while back I posted something about the high schools that Mullen needs to recruit from--the ones that teach fundamental football and win state championships.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It depends on the high school. A while back I posted something about the high schools that Mullen needs to recruit from--the ones that teach fundamental football and win state championships.
I think he is trying...We're COUNTING ON IT!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now we gotta punt from deep.
WHY DIDN'T COACH MULLEN PUT JONES IN??!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are about to surrender the lead.
I just do not understand why Coach doesn't find out what Jones can do here. Perfect chance to learn what he's got--fir him AND us!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'mgonna go make myself some lunch. Sorta feel this one bout to slip away.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We do not HAVE a viable pass play inside the redzone with Franks at QB.
But we CAN run it in.
(And that "pass" on the TD WAS in effect a glorified RUN play...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We make this Mich QB try to beat us with his arm, we got a chance to get some takeaways...PICK-6 anytime soon might put this away...(Superstitious DRU says, "Shut the F-UP, dude!")

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Screenshot_20181229-132216.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member