• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Florida @ Kentucky - 9/24: WIN 48 - 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdog

Gator Fan
Another game we should win but I have a feeling this is going to be a trap game if we are looking forward to our next SEC opponent. (Alabama)

If we stay focused, we got this win no problem.

robdog

Gator Fan
Totally agree. We are well into the season and it is time to see what our QB can do. Hopefully Weis will open up the playbook and get a number of pass plays in there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We all seem to be on the same general page here, then: We've got this game, but our superiority dictates that we need to get some things accomplished here this evening--eliminate the sloppiness (on offense AND defense), and most of all SHOW WE HAVE A PASSING GAME. There IS such a thing as a "bad" win, then, or at least a disappointing or "worrisome" one (last year's coaching staff's attitude notwithstanding), and a floundering, sloppy one that shows the same problems and missing parts, and ends like last week's would be one of those, am I right?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
This ain't a trap game. The Kentucky Wildcats will be Gator bait to the tune of 45-10. Those 10 points will come against our 2nd and 3rd stringers. Kentucky can't run, and it can barely throw. Since this is not a basketball game, they have zero chance.

Alabama's offense looks less scary against a decent Arkansas defense, and our defense is just as good. This Kentucky stomp will tell us little about our offense against Alabama defense, but we may see our defense go nuts as they practice their hybrid 43-34 stunts against UK. We can only assume our offense will test some plays in the vertical game, but Kentucky is so little a threat that the offense may once again go vanilla to dave the good stuff for Alabama.

Escambia94

Watch that Alabama defense. They are nasty. Our defense needs to be nastier. One more thing about Alabama. Nick Saban is coming for Chris Rainey. Alabama's Upshaw (#41) is targeting Arkansas' quarterback Tyler. Look for Upshaw to jaw jack with Rainey. If he does not, look for some borderline dirty plays, possibly an injury on Rainey.

That being said, hope we try some other running backs against UK to save wear and tear on Rainey.

Escambia94

Alabama looks now what Muschamp wants the Gators to look like, except I think our DL is better.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Got that one, TAMU/OSU and FSU/Clemson all up at same time here...until they missed that FG after getting a pick, Clemson HAD been doing everything right. They're up solid tho', still--on the one hand, I want the 'Noles to do well, to be set up for a FALL when they meet us; on the other, I do enjoy seeing them cut back down to reality so soon.
Meanwhile, yeah, Arky WAS doing well, BUT (sound ominous music, descending tones: "Duh duh duh!") INT, by Tide, running it back in...6 pt.'s pending kick. Oh well...again: they're good; we already know that. If we play sloppy NEXT week, make mistakes that GIVE them opportunities and DON'T cash in EVERY one of ours, it could get ugly.
That's why we GOTTA tighten up on EVERYTHING, and make sure we can do a lot more than we've shown so far.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Alabama looks now what Muschamp wants the Gators to look like, except I think our DL is better.
Defensively, yes, that's it. Weis wants a driving running game, but more balanced pass/run--which is one reason I keep waiting for THIS offense (ie. our present Gator offense) to show more passing. No matter what, though, I'm afraid we're not quite "there" yet...the ONLY way we don't get worn down this same way is if we change things up, throw some "curves" at 'em offensively, shut THEM down to keep the game close, then win the turn-over battle AND get at least one score off of special teams' play--unlike HERE, where Arkansas has been COMPLETELY predictable with their "usual offense", succumbed to Bama's pressure, and now THEY surrender the punt return TD. I mean, nice run, but a LOT of panicky over-pursuit, bad angles and whiffed tackles. This Razorback team seemed on the brink of getting whipped just before that happened. THAT'S college football.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
See what I mean?
(Arky defender had a shot at the pick there, btw, but misses and it's 6 the other way--rout is on)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Consider what kind of performance you'd have to see from OUR team today in order to feel ANY confidence going into NEXT week's game.
(...and on THAT note, I think I'll bow out, take care of some things and try to be back in an hour or so...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
About to get going in Lexington...meanwhile, at Clemson of course it IS pretty damn funny--I can here the silence in Tallahassee from way out here in Tejas. Whoa! Pretty darn BLUE here at KY. Kick off, and WTF?!!! Review It!!! He was down at the 12--bad enough, but still...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Did I hear it right and we CHOSE to take the ball after winning the toss...that bothered me when I THOUGHT I heard it as I tuned over from the FSU/Clemson game. Crap...bad start. Just what we DON'T need.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice idea--thrown to wrong guy--HIS only hope IS a Pass Interference. Geez, choppy opening--3-and-out after Brantley makes a bad choice--and is lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema