• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Florida Atlantic @ Florida - 9/3: WIN 41 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uh, I think they answered it: what, 4th and forever? We are doing EXACTLY what we are capable of doing.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Jordan Reed and Frankie Hammond have looked good in the passing game, whats up with all the number switches, demps 28, rainey 1, jelani 3, o yeah how about those sec east paper champion gamecocks :)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We're doing this out of our basic packages, Rainey and Demps doing what they do AND with Brantley checking down to the third guy underneath or in the flat..this bodes really well for the offense in so many ways: not only is it a sign of #12's poise and maturity, but it just ain't showing very much about the many things Weis is no doubt cooking up out of these same formations down the road.
If you're still not sure, just consider and compare this half with last year's first game...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw shoot, what a procession of foul-ups--I thought the "D" had 'em under control after the Driskell INT., but after ZERO first downs until then, they've managed to pull out two 3rd-and-longs since the turnover. Here we go: 3rd-and-goal inside the ten. Time out--OK, we WILL win this game BIG, but here's a situational deal that just can't quite be "simulated" in a scrimmage...4th down, so they lose the shut out earlier than I thought, but hold 'em to 3. Maybe hidden advantages to that whole sequence of errors--from Driskell's mistakes (I think that pass was adrenaline, jitters and sweaty hands, add 'em up and they equal OVERTHROW) to the "D" facing some adversity partly of its own creation. Now Brantley gets bit, tho' more on the receiver, I think...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's the thing with a young team--they lose focus and the problems compound quickly. Like to see the Gator "D" shut them DOWN here...So that was Driskell again? Still not his fault on that tipped ball, tho' not as accurately delivered as it could have been...not ready, but how else do you get him there?
Anyway, FG no good, but Powell pulls a dumb penalty that the coaches will DRILL him for later...generally an amazing display--both of all the positives possible for MOST of the half, then almost every NEGATIVE you could think of inside the last 2 minutes of the half: all of a sudden we looked like LAST year's Gators. Had it ended before that, there'd have been very little for the coaches to work with in the locker room (OR when they went to the films on Monday, if it continued that way); not a "problem", now. Plenty to work on all over the place, even with a defense that surrendered just 3 points--they gave up a couple of third-and-longs when they otherwise had 'em cornered and with few options.
As I said, that stretch (now that it didn't really harm much beside our pride) may turn out to be a blessing in certain respects, both in getting this team to realize it's not over, they're not anything LIKE perfect and they need to refocus during the half, and that come next week, they need to keep learning and growing if they expect to achieve anything more than beating teams everyone EXPECTS them to beat.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. we're getting moved-on in a scripted opening series...they're up to mid-field. this is when no Floyd when we're already thin in the secondary could get to be problem. Big test for the "D" now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, that went well. 31-3, thanks to special teams, Rainey has a 3rd TD, one of each kind.
Somewhere out there Escambia'94 is putting his feet up and having another beer--I toast EVERY Gator fan who, like me, feel they can begin to relax and start to examine the details and how they fit in "The Big Picture"...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
GEEZ--bad throw, way underthrown...INT. in endzone sucks...for all the good things he's done tonight, JB IV has undone some of that by returning to old bad habits...like more INT's than TD's...meanwhile, our defensive secondary is showing the only weakness the "D" has shown all night, giving up third-and-longs when they gotta know what's coming. That could get to be crucial in a tight game, late. We need to get Sharif Floyd back, and soon--I've been hunting around on the web and can't find anything more than what's already been formally released.

awebbf5

VIP Member
demps and rainey are really going to have to carry us this year, im very concerned with our young secondary. Anyone know how long jeremy brown is out for???

robdog

Gator Fan
Lets hope the D can grow as the season get into full swing. They will have a lot of film to go over and correct a few mistakes.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They played a HELL of a 1st half, even when handed some adversity, but they DO have work to do...GOT to get Brown AND Floyd back ASAP, by Tennessee anyway...Lot of penalties on the offense, too--that gets old, and Coach Boom hates it.
In fact, this team has provided all kinds of fodder for his displeasure tonight: Turnovers are a MAJOR issue for Coach, and the kind of sloppy disorganization that produces all those procedural calls, not to mention the stupidity of post-play retaliation penalties,will definitely draw his attention, put you in the dog house. On his team, that means more work, for EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema