• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Oc/dc

GoGators01

Gator Fan
according to the onlygators twitter page we might be looking at Major Applewhite as offensive coordinator & Duane Akina as defensive coordinator. also, while everyone is going nuts about texas being 5-7 last year, that was the first year they won less than 10 games since 2001 so some of these coaches must know what theyre doing.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So now this is developing into a "possible scenario"? I suppose it makes a kind of sense, the answer to the question, "Where is Muschamp's loyal crew of coaches to come from?" is "The once and future young Longhorn braintrust..."
If we're going to bring in an "up-and-coming-young-coach" for a crack at OC, I'd much rather it be Kerwin Bell than Major Applewhite. Why should the Gators be his learning-and-seasoning-grounds for a future role at the place where we KNOW his heart is, at UT.
NOW this is starting to really stink...This would be the exact WRONG ANSWER to the "Who will be the new OC?"-question. Aw sh*t, we may be getting hosed! We shouldn't be having to worry about this kind of crap at this point.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I would have preferred Kerwin Bell, but I don't get a vote. I'm happy we have a fired up coach.

G8RB8R

VIP Member
I would have preferred Kerwin Bell, but I don't get a vote. I'm happy we have a fired up coach.

Frankly, I don't think Kerwin will go anywhere as an OC. If he leaves JU, he has to go for the head coach's position. Now that the UF job is no longer open, the field is now wide open for him.

I swear, he impresses the heck out of me. He is at JU, with no scholarship players, but manages to recruit these good players, anyway. Not only does he bring in good recruits, he competes against other schools that do award scholarships, and his team beats the hell out of them.

What really sucks, is that he could interview for the scUM HC job. Altho, he is too much of a country boy to fit in down there in that area.

I'm really disappointed that we have someone of Kerwin's ability & caliber in our very backyard, and no one even bothers to at least give him a courtesy "look-see".

I think this Muschamp guy will use the UF job as a stepping stone...you know that this position at UF will not be his last coaching stop.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema