• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

new uniforms

ShortBus

VIP Member
http://gatorzone.com/story.php?id=16992

On Saturday, Nov. 28, the University of Florida football team will take the field wearing the Nike Pro Combat uniform, a new system of dress and the lightest football uniform Nike has ever created. The unveiling event will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21, as part of Verizon Wireless Gator FanFest near Gate 2 of the Stephen C. O’Connell Center. Florida will be one of 11 elite football programs to debut the Nike Pro Combat uniform this month before they are officially introduced at the start of the 2010 season.

...A clean letter “F” replaces the “Gators” script on the helmet, while clean lines run throughout the uniform

about the helmets: I hope that's only for the debut next week against FSU and not the whole season next year. That is NOT cool.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
TCU and VT already wore their uniforms and FSU wear theirs tomorrow. Also their going back to the Ray Graves era with the F on the white helmets.

ShortBus

VIP Member
TCU and VT already wore their uniforms and FSU wear theirs tomorrow. Also their going back to the Ray Graves era with the F on the white helmets.

the one they wore in 2006 celebrating 100 years of florida football? yeah it was cool as a throwback. but we've won all our NC's with the Gators script, and that's how it's been since I've been alive. I'd rather not change the main helmet.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It's just an advertising campaign and what I can an "operational test." I have a feeling the Gator uniforms themselves might change for next year if the feedback is positive from the players and the Nike advertising market, but the helmets will probably not change. If I understand correctly, Nike is just advertising the helmets and pads. The universities elected to use different helmet designs to match the Nike themes. I still prefer the current helmet, but if Florida did elect to change helmets I would not mind the throwback "F" from the old days.

JvilleJohnny

gators-nike-pro-combat-finish-mi-2.jpg

More Pictures of New Gear at OnlyGators.com

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Don't like the jersey.

And from what I understand, the helmet will not be the block "F" like we had on the throwback helmets from 2006. I think that for this helmet, the "F" will be like our endzone font. Which makes it even worse imo.

Escambia94

Yeah. I just read that. I was okay with everything until I found out that the "F" would not be the throwback. I sure hope that only the uniform changes, but not the helmet.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Anyone think they can beat the Buccaneers, Lions, and/or the Rams. I think Stafford will throw interceptions against the Gators.

Escambia94

Anyone think they can beat the Buccaneers, Lions, and/or the Rams. I think Stafford will throw interceptions against the Gators.

No. On the surface they may appear to be the same sport, but I would not underestimate even the worst NFL team if they played the best NCAA team.

I am liking the new uniform idea less each time I look at it. Just a couple days ago I think I said that I liked the uniforms and I could live with the helmet. Now I am thinking that I don't like any of it, other than the cool gloves.

ShortBus

VIP Member
No. On the surface they may appear to be the same sport, but I would not underestimate even the worst NFL team if they played the best NCAA team.

I am liking the new uniform idea less each time I look at it. Just a couple days ago I think I said that I liked the uniforms and I could live with the helmet. Now I am thinking that I don't like any of it, other than the cool gloves.

i really hope the uniform is only for next weeks game and not the whole season next year.

Escambia94

i really hope the uniform is only for next weeks game and not the whole season next year.

I know Florida will probably take the new pads next year--they advertise the new, lighter gear as one of the research breakthroughs that UF has participated in. It will be up to the athletic department and the coach to change the actual uniforms.

I hope they just take the pads and put the regular uniforms over them. It may be a package deal with Nike. I don't know. Nike needs to make it money.

GOG8RS

Gator Fan
Seriously? No one thinks that the pants look ridiculous? This is a glorified Under Armour look that makes Nike look bad for changing their schemes. Kinda like when Coke went to "New Coke" in the 80s to keep up with Pepsi...Now we will look like an orange and blue South Carolina.

Except we beat them every year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema