• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mutiny at the Outback

News Bot

News Bot
In 2007, I wrote a book called “Game of My Life” which was about 30 or so former Gators talking about their favorite game. The book did well but the publishers went bankrupt. The Dooley Curse, I guess.
The good news is that another company bought their assets and wants to re-issue my book. They also wanted an updated chapter. I decided to do Ahmad Black and the Outback Bowl.
They don’t come any better than Black. What a great young man. The Gator Nation may be reeling from arrests and dummies doing dumb things but in Black you have a real gem.
During our interview, he confirmed something I had heard during Outback Bowl week but could never nail down — that there was a mutiny of sorts.
He laughed when I asked about it because he was surprised anyone knew about the mutiny.
“We were pounding full pads every day. It was game week,” he said. “We were worn out. The defense was on the field but the offense wasn’t there. We were wondering where they were. They started texting us and calling us that they weren’t getting off the bus until we were in helmets only.
“Everyone on the defense looked at me like what was I going to do. I just sat down and started chillin’. It lasted maybe 30 minutes. The bus driver was getting ready to take them back to the hotel. Finally, Coach Mick (Mickey Marotti) came over and blew his whistle and said ‘You have five minutes to get on the field in helmets only.’
“We have some characters on our team.”
For the rest of the story, you’ll have to buy the book. He also told me an interesting story about why he chose Florida.
Teaser alert!

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
damn. I think this says a lot about last season and how poor of a job the coaches did to allow something like this to develop.

robdog

Gator Fan
Yeah this is definite not a good thing. I can see the coaches being part of the problems since a few of them were checked out about half way through the season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema