• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MORE Bad News

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sigh...
With all the talented names now appearing on the "injured"-list, plus a few more called "questionable", with "nagging injuries", that now hint at some underlying reasons for other ongoing difficulties (not to mention recent until-now unexplained play-calling issues), we find ourselves facing if anything LESS reason to expect much in the way of "encouraging progress" ahead for our team and program this season.
Then there's the whole Cormani Wison story--where our supposed "top incoming recruit" is asked to shift what position he plays (thought by coaches to better fit this system as a linebacker), Cormani strongly disagrees to the point of announcing that he wants OUT, that he plans to hit the portal, and Coach is forced by Cormani's actions and general attitude and demeanor to basically separate him from the team...and now you have a picture of a team handicapped by both onfield and OFF FIELD issues.
We now go against Vanderbilt severely short-handed AND in questionable form as a TEAM--right after laying a very public egg out there on Saturday in Lexington.
This is Homecoming: There has been much discussion concerning EVERY ASPECT of EVERY UNIT of this Gator team and program. This is no longer just a matter of what you or I think of it all. For the moment, never MIND about the actual score. Despite everything I note above, the Gators MUST WIN. Period. Oh, I doubt it will be pretty, and short of some huge start-to-finish shellacking there's bound to be a great deal of hand-wringing and head-shaking at inevitable (given the circumstances) weaknesses--but we are expected to CONTROL this one regardless.
And even assuming we DO win, at this point I have NO idea about our chances as I look beyond this game. And even LESS about our Coach's fate, as a result.
I now tend to believe that he still gets the rest of this season no matter what--but what actually HAPPENS after that (how it affects recruiting AND how Billy himself actually responds to it all) now I think has an impact on what comes next--what and WHEN.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema