• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Meyer to coach final game at Sugar Bowl

JvilleJohnny

I fully expect Meyer to be the head coach come kick off against Miami(ohio) next year.. He said he feels in his gut that will be the case. Plus he's not going to be completely gone until then. I don't think he'll be able to live away from coaching for too long. he might not be the coach of the spring game.. but he'll be there.:Banana:

And watching the press conference, the way Foley, Tebow, Stamper, and Meyer talked and explained on how they are like a family, made me proud to be a gator.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I posted earlier stating that Meyer needed to get healthy and that comes first. It may be just the way a look at things as I am in sales and everything that you do is selling all the time but the press conference and this whole "I quit and now I don't" seems very much like a HUGE MARKETING PLOY!

If you think of it, Florida will now have the program front and center for the whole off season. With what was just presented, everyone now see's how much Meyer loves his players, coaches, the University and Gator Nation. Heck, he may risk his health for this grouping. Every recruit will watch this over and over and see how much Coach Meyer cares about his players which was proved byTim and Ryan.

I know that I am probably way off base here but if I am not then this would be the most planned out marketing and recruiting event ever created. Totally Awesome!

Honestly, I could almost see something like this coming from Lame Kiffin....unfortunately he could never get anyone to the press conference!

I guess I am hoping that this is all that it is and Coach Meyer is okay. I have to tell ya, after all of this I need to get my heart checked out!

GO GATORS!

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
"Honestly, I could almost see something like this coming from Lame Kiffin....unfortunately he could never get anyone to the press conference"

urban is nothing like kiffin dude....he obviously has something wrong to make him resign and then realized he just cant do it that fb is n his blood.I hope he is healthy enough to coach n september but his health is number 1. there is no marketing ploy there u can see it in his face.....come on...

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I don't see Gruden as a college coach.
He is to 'in your face' as a coach, a 18-19 year old dude will crumble or quit being treated like that. Besides can you see Gruden going into kids houses on Coachs visit? He would scare some of the parents.

Patterson of TCU would be a good choice I think

Plus Gruden doesn't like QBs under 30. His system is hard for a QB it would take time and it would take about three years to master it (I heard). Also I hope Meyer will take some time off after the game (or after Signning Day) and decide to coach or resign and take some time off coaching. Either way, I understand.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I posted earlier stating that Meyer needed to get healthy and that comes first. It may be just the way a look at things as I am in sales and everything that you do is selling all the time but the press conference and this whole "I quit and now I don't" seems very much like a HUGE MARKETING PLOY!

If you think of it, Florida will now have the program front and center for the whole off season. With what was just presented, everyone now see's how much Meyer loves his players, coaches, the University and Gator Nation. Heck, he may risk his health for this grouping. Every recruit will watch this over and over and see how much Coach Meyer cares about his players which was proved byTim and Ryan.

I know that I am probably way off base here but if I am not then this would be the most planned out marketing and recruiting event ever created. Totally Awesome!

Honestly, I could almost see something like this coming from Lame Kiffin....unfortunately he could never get anyone to the press conference!

I guess I am hoping that this is all that it is and Coach Meyer is okay. I have to tell ya, after all of this I need to get my heart checked out!

GO GATORS!

After hearing what he had told Tom Rinaldi last night, Urban Meyer loves Florida football so much that he would have felt worse if he had left the program in the hands of the wrong person who could have unraveled everything he and his staff have done since 2005. I don't ever want to see a repeat episode of 2002 when SOS bailed on us right after he Orange Bowl only to have three sub-par years under Ron Zook.

He did the right thing in taking the leave of absense and choosing to return when he is healthy and ready to resume his duties as head coach.

That, and let both Lame Kitten all this media nonsense roll off his back. He doesn't need any more things to distress him right now, and life's too short to get all uptight over schmucks like them.

Get Well Soon, Coach Meyer! :gator:

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Plus Gruden doesn't like QBs under 30. His system is hard for a QB it would take time and it would take about three years to master it (I heard). Also I hope Meyer will take some time off after the game (or after Signning Day) and decide to coach or resign and take some time off coaching. Either way, I understand.

It doesn't matter now. We will not get anyone from outside the program.

If Meyer has to skip the 2010 season, then it will likely either be Addazio or McCarney who becomes interim head coach.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema