• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Media Daze

News Bot

News Bot
HOOVER, Ala. — I don’t know if there is anything physiological to back it up but it seems like time flies faster the older you get.
It hardly seems like a year ago we were here for SEC Media Days. Maybe it’s just because everything is so familiar. The lunch at 231 Barbecue outside Dothan on the way up. The Wynfrey Hotel. Robbie Andreu swears he’s in the same room as last year. The sports bar across the street. The mall. The overly-expensive hotel bar that we never go to.
Even the walking route I take each day for exercise that includes laps around the Costco and the Rooms to Go.
And, of course, the second floor of the hotel where all of the action takes place.
I’ve said this before but this event is a reunion of sorts for the SEC family. We see other writers and TV guys and radio dudes along the road during an SEC season but this is the one time they are all in the same place. There are close to 900 people with credentials here and most of them are with legitimate media.
It’s a happening unlike any other. Some conferences don’t issue 900 credentials in an entire season. But it’s one of the things that makes the SEC the best conference in the land — the thirst for any morsel of information and as many ways to get that info as possible.
Here we go. Football season is upon us.

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Oh I wish I could be there!!! All the 'tweets' I see posted sounds like it's a great 'party', like mentioned above! Wonder how Coach M. feels as a new head coach in the SEC!
I like that last phrase above....so welcome SEC football season!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema