• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Las Vegas Bowl: Florida Gators vs Oregon State 12/17/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Most big programs have 4 QBs on scholarship and 2-4 start-able walk-on QBs. Florida has 2 scholarship QBs and 1 walk-on QB. If Napier does not bring in 1-2 transfer QBs and 1-2 walk-ons in addition to the 1 new recruit, then write off 2023.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh--and as for "eyetest", are you telling me you are impressed with the play of this Beaver squad against what your own weighing of the statistics say is "the worst team in America"?
Come ON, man: This isn't a judgment of your analysis or a competition as to "who is right"--not to ME, anyway.
We are playing poorly, making many of the same old errors...inevitably losing to a team in a totally different situation, with a completely opposite ongoing trajectory this season--we have done everything to hand them this game, and yet we are just 10 points down at the half.
That is NOT due to much that WE have done to stop them, and our Offense has been even LESS a presence. These are the kinds of things I refer to when I talk about the "eyetest"--the only question that raises is fhis: How much is this our "abysmal offense" and how much is it the "stingy Beaver D"?
I am not here to debate you, E--. Not sure where or when it turned to that...but at this point in what I can only HOPE is the nadir of our long, sad slow slide from the top a dozen plus years ago, I feel we've got enough frustration and disappointment on our plates to turn on each other.
So fine: I have no fundamental axe to grind.
I appreciate your hard work and all you contribute here. I am sorry if that has somehow morphed into something else..
MY "thing" is to "call it the way I see it".
And, in that vein, THIS one just continues to show a near-absent team: They are here, on the field, in BODY but hardly in spirit, it seems, at this point.
There is the early-in-the-2nd-half nail in our coffin. So I surrender the field to you--at least until next year (we all get to say things like that each late-December).
Have a good one.
Later Gators.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It keeps getting worse. How is that eye test working out for you @DRU2012 ?
EF16912F-CC17-4CFD-AB8C-F591D094B70F.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have no idea what your problem is.
If anything, the "eyetest", the way things actually LOOK (which is the general definition of what is referred to by that word, which I assumed you understood--and might have simply asked, had you a problem with its use), completely MAKES my point--a point you have clearly missed:
I was and AM disappointed with the lack of effort and discipline out there today--a major problem that arose all season and on heightened display today. THAT is how it "LOOKED", no matter what all ELSE is "factored in".
But I'm sure the STATS prove you are right.
About WHAT, exactly, again: I have no idea.
You told ME, though. I'm not sure what, but you've clearly worked yourself up about something--and somehow focused it on me. You might wanna find another outlet for all that pent up hostility; MY concerns are with and for the future of our football team.
But yes, at least we held the scoring streak.
HOORAY! All is well.
Except that there is no joy in GAINESville...and little in the way of solidarity nor good will among men and fans either, it would seem.
But here's hoping YOU are feeling better, at any rate, as you troll your own team's site.
Happy holidays.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NO words, just move on for the next season.
Right on. Well put.
I'm with you.
Let's see what recruiting and the transfer portal really bring.
Have a good and happy holiday time, Lf.
We'll take a look at where we're at come the New Year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema