• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Las Vegas Bowl: Florida Gators vs Oregon State 12/17/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Sure hope you're right.
No matter what, a tight, over-powerimg victory on the part of this somewhat truncated Gator squad would be an unmistakable statement of pride and determination from among the remaining players, AND an announcement of this Coach and his STAFF'S intentions--their OWN very real pride and realistic faith in the future, a kind of warning:
"Here we COME..."
(On the other hand, we might just get "boat-raced", as they say...wouldn't surprise me.
Loss on first play of game, a pass. Second down, another pass: Damn near a Pick-6.
Third down, ANOTHER pass--dropped for a miss on 1st down yardage...
Um, guys? I know y'all wanna see what Jack can do, but it is already clear that the "smart money" is likely right: Gonna HAVE to at keast ESTABLISH the run...

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What a crap opening series--THREE (Count em!) straight incomplete passes...last one a drop on what would have been a saving 1sr down. The one before that saved from being a pick-6 only by a poor throw. Miller mounting a very solid csmpaigne for us going to the transfer portal FOR SURE!
Our D rose to the occasion after the punt, but then their kicker boomed one damn near 69 yards and covered it well.
Our ball at our own 10.
This looks like every bit if it an ugly one so far.
So far we can't throw, we can't run.
Yikes, feels like we are waiting around for the inevitable execution.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PATHETIC.
Penalized ourselves right out of fg range.
The worst part is, for the first time in decades I find I just don't really care that much.
Oh, I still want to see our boys win--and clearly we outclass these guys talentwise--but somehow it isn't sickening me the way it ought to.
Maybe it's that I mainly want to see the matter of what we'll do in regards to next season at QB settled decisively either way: Either Miller really shows us something, or he really doesn't.
Oh oh...With that long completion, this could be the start of them actually TAKING the game we have so far done everything to HAND to them.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm gonna go make some lunch...maybe we'll manage to do something encouraging while I'm gone. Best I can hope for, at this point.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I hate this....I was wrong: GETTING beaten by an inferior team just plain HURTS, regardless of the situation.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Gators look like crap.
6D4FF5FF-9EFE-43F6-8737-C68CA1A279B1.jpeg

Escambia94

I hate this....I was wrong: GETTING beaten by an inferior team just plain HURTS, regardless of the situation.
Technically they are the superior team in every way except player ratings. Oregon State is ranked at #14 and is 7 points away from being 11-1.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Again, though:
The "eyetest" (ie. the very same thing that you used when you made the simple summation above: "Gators look like crap"...No statistics to support it--none required) says they just aren't that good (and they ARE playing in the Pac-12, after all), least from where I'm sitting/watching.
Back to OUR team (the main reason most of us are even watching this sh*tfest):
Jack Miller, on balance so far, is making a pretty solid case for us making DAMN sure we bring in someone to keep him as the backup for 2023 while they bring Rashada along.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another stupid penalty--completely unnecessary.
Sigh. No use repeating myself.

Escambia94

Again, though:
The "eyetest" says they just aren't that good (and they ARE playing in the Pac-12, after all), least from where I'm sitting/watching.
Back to OUR team (the main reason most of us are even watching this sh*tfest):
Jack Miller, on balance so far, is making a pretty solid case for us making DAMN sure we bring in someone to keep him as the backup for 2023 while they bring Rashada along.
Which eye test? The part where they are among the least penalized teams, or the part where they are 7 points away from being 11-1? Facts are facts. The Beavers are a good team and the Gators are not. The Gators certainly have better athletes, but athletes do not win games, teams do.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Almost time to tune this one out.
Only reason I am still here is because of it is the last time I'll see them play for too many months.

Escambia94

Reminder that the Gators are one of the worst teams in America right now at 6-6 with 40 transfers since September. I did not predict this ugly a game, but it does validate the opinion from many that Oregon State is 7 points away from being 11-1. Florida on the other hand is either 21 points away from 9-3 or 4-8.
0D5097FA-539B-48FC-B5F2-A447E1C90478.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I feel I have MY answer to the QB question...
What do y'all think?
You think Miller's shown enough in a bad situation? I've been hard on him here, but I see the promise, the basic talent there, at least as a pocket-passing game-manager.
But I also think that our Coach needs to see MORE than that. Is there anything he is likely to see in the 2nd half here that is likely yo be enough to move the dial to the "green side"?
If "next season" started today, then we still have a TON of work to do, obviously. And it sure looks like that still begins at QB.

Escambia94

Nobody actually believes Miller is a starter in the SEC. Maybe if freshmen Jean, Mizell, and Wilson can beat out Henderson, Pearsall, and Douglas, we will have open receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema