• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Joakim Noah

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
My son was watching ESPN this morning - he does everyday before he leaves for school. They were talking about the NBA draft and where the players are ranked in the choosing. They said Noah is #11. "If he had gone to the NBA last year he would've been first pick but, because he stayed in school (and got a national title) he's down to #11."
I know I'm more of a Gator than I am a "sports authority" :) but I just wanted to scream. What an incredible memory Noah and his teammates have, what a legacy he's left. All his life he will remember his years at Florida with pride and it's in the history books! School (especially, of course, the University of Florida) is most important. He'll get to be in the NBA for a long time, get to be a professional, an adult, all those grown up things for the rest of his life. You only get to be a college athlete for a limited time... and his college career was awesome! Back to back National Titles and the gratitude of the Gator Nation!
So there, that's my view of things.... those ESPN commentators just WISH they could've been Gators! :Banane37:
Go Gators!

ilovegators

VIP Member
ESPN is full of it. Noah and all the guys proved that winning a NC in college is more important then being in the NBA 1 year early.

Noah is a classy guy who loves the university. And IMO he won't drop to #11 in the draft.

gatorcrazy23

Gator Fan
any team that can get Noah at 11 is a huge steal for team!!! and that will put 3 gators in the top 15 yaaaaa we r the best!!!!!!!!!

SexyRexy

Gator Fan
I wonder how often a single team has 5 players drafted in the same draft. Noah would be a steal at 11 for sure. He's got skills to be a solid player for 10-15 years.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
ESPN is right in saying that he would have been drafted higher the year before, but i think it was right for him to stay in college, he is even better now, and wut does it matter if he drops down a few spots? he is still being drafted and he is still a beast!

gatorcrazy23

Gator Fan
i think they r making it seem that the money is more important than getting a schoolorship... that seems like a bad influence on younger players....

teambix

Gator Fan
I wonder how often a single team has 5 players drafted in the same draft. Noah would be a steal at 11 for sure. He's got skills to be a solid player for 10-15 years.

i don't think he'll amount to much other than a good role player.

i mean he was great in college, but i think he'll turn out like fellow gator udonis haslem

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema