• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jenkins cited. it begins...

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
Hmmmmm........turns down going to the NFL as a first round pick and then gets busted for pot.........Hmmmmmmm........

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It's pot, guys. Half the NFL draftees are probably on it and are taking the magic stuff to cover up the fact that they are taking it. The only saints in the NFL are the New Orleans Saints, and I bet half of them are on pot until the age of 25 when they start realizing how silly it is...unless they are running backs. RBs get a bye on pot due to the number of hits they take...on the field...from defensive linemen.

awebbf5

VIP Member
It's pot, guys. Half the NFL draftees are probably on it and are taking the magic stuff to cover up the fact that they are taking it. The only saints in the NFL are the New Orleans Saints, and I bet half of them are on pot until the age of 25 when they start realizing how silly it is...unless they are running backs. RBs get a bye on pot due to the number of hits they take...on the field...from defensive linemen.

I disagree tebow is still a saint, money hasnt changed him or his beliefs.

Escambia94

I disagree tebow is still a saint, money hasnt changed him or his beliefs.

I stand corrected. There is a statistical minority of saints in the NFL. Little Timmy Tebow is one, and there are probably a couple others. I believe that nice guys finish last and that Tebow will not get a fair shake until he starts beating up old ladies, makes money off dog fights, beats his girlfriend and his wife, cheats on his dog, smokes pot, cheats on his taxes, AND gets caught running with scissors. If he does all that in one day, maybe Saint Tebow will get a fair shake. For now, let's wait a couple years and watch him prove everyone wrong so that we can have about five years' worth of "I told you so" to throw at people.

By the way, I do not condone use of marijuana. Drugs are bad, mmmkay? This public service announcement brought to you by Escambia94.

Escambia94

ehh not a big deal

legalize it. nothing wrong with a grown man wanting to smoke weed if he can drink liquor

damn near everybody smokes in college atleast once

Legalize it. Tax it. Regulate it. If you want to go smoke pot, then do it--just don't affect me and my rights. Replace "smoke pot" with "drink beer", "have sex with animals", or "vote for Liberals" and you have my thoughts on life. I don't care what others do as long as it does not affect me and my rights.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Pot in G-ville??? I'm shocked, simply SHOCKED...
(Remember that quote from, who was it?, someone on the 2006 team, that on the National Championship Gator Football squad "Half the Team smoked weed..." Still, pretty stupid, all around , on Janoris' part.)

Meanwhile, watching this Gator B-ball game against UGA...thought they'd choked (they blew it in regulation), then thought they were done in the 1st overtime 'til Walker made that tray at the horn...now they are taking charge in the 2nd OT, min. and a 1/2 left--can they hold it with an 8 pt. lead?

Escambia94

(Remember that quote from, who was it?, someone on the 2006 team, that on the National Championship Gator Football squad "Half the Team smoked weed..." Still, pretty stupid, all around , on Janoris' part.)

Meanwhile, watching this Gator B-ball game against UGA...thought they'd choked (they blew it in regulation), then thought they were done in the 1st overtime 'til Walker made that tray at the horn...now they are taking charge in the 2nd OT, min. and a 1/2 left--can they hold it with an 8 pt. lead?

You almost made me ruin it for the team. I have watched three BB games this year, and they lost all three. This was was tight. I tracked it on my iPhone ESPN app and they pulled it out in overtime.

This post sponsored by Apple, creators of the iPhone, and ESPN, your professional and college sports network.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You almost made me ruin it for the team. I have watched three BB games this year, and they lost all three. This was was tight. I tracked it on my iPhone ESPN app and they pulled it out in overtime.

This post sponsored by Apple, creators of the iPhone, and ESPN, your professional and college sports network.

Hey, aren't these latest phones just the coolest trip?!! This is one aspect of our "Brave New World" I have NO problem with. I won't have to miss ANYTHING next football season, game-, highlight- OR news-wise! One MORE reason I can't wait--and it's still January!!!
I have to say, so far this season's Gator Basketball Team has been difficult to watch, even when they win. Each time I see 'em they are clearly the more talented team, but they are uneven, choppy and inconsistent in their play; they make things difficult for themselves--and hence a closer game than it should be. Not much fun from a fan's perspective, if you ask me--and not exactly an inspiring juggernaut vis-a-vis the "Big Dance".
As for the game earlier tonight, we'll always be a football school, and I'll never be THAT much of a hoops-guy, but I'm a Gator and we needed to pull this one out...good win.

ShortBus

VIP Member
Legalize it. Tax it. Regulate it. If you want to go smoke pot, then do it--just don't affect me and my rights. Replace "smoke pot" with "drink beer", "have sex with animals", or "vote for Liberals" and you have my thoughts on life. I don't care what others do as long as it does not affect me and my rights.

unfortunately that 'vote for liberals' thing does affect you and your rights... especially if you're a gun owner and/or work for a living... but that's a whole nother topic for a whole different forum.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
unfortunately that 'vote for liberals' thing does affect you and your rights... especially if you're a gun owner and/or work for a living... but that's a whole nother topic for a whole different forum.

Yeah, don't want to get too far down that road you refer to, but I do understand and agree with E-'s P.O.V.--simply that for the most part here we are talking about the points where personal philosophy and activity intersect with the real world, and how that SHOULD be unhindered as long as it doesn't interfere with others' such "views and dos", where "not agreeing with it" does NOT constitute such a hindrance, formally speaking--for the "hindered" OR the "hinderer"!
In this way, I suppose that for the most part I am a "conservative" in its original meaning--ie. believing in protection of the Constitution and it's Bill of Rights in their original form...although where many conservatives find fault and danger with ANY subsequent amending that has taken or may in the future take place, I consider valid those changes that corrected blindnesses and/or oversights on the part of our founding fathers (the most obvious and necessary examples of course being the cases of slavery abolition and women's sufferage), and thus acknowledge that, time and change being constants, the POSSIBILITY of amending it remains a good and necessary thing. However, it should NEVER be easy, taken lightly, nor be anything more than an addressing of unforeseen realities or REdressing of original ills--in other words, I have a real problem with messing with the original intent of that document, the paring of the rights originally granted (and, I believe, intended for EVERY citizen, whether they avail themselves of those or not), or reinterpreting its intent to somehow take those rights away.
I like to think that I am like most Americans in this way: "conservative" when it comes to protecting our rights, the shared heritage of freedom and liberty that keeps us proud and free, and "liberal" when it comes to telling others what they should or shouldn't think, believe, say or do--within reason, that being the degree it impinges on others (in particular, ME--which of course is where the cutting-edge of "disharmony" is sharpened).

Escambia94

Agreed.

I like to think that I am like most Americans in this way: "conservative" when it comes to protecting our rights, the shared heritage of freedom and liberty that keeps us proud and free, and "liberal" when it comes to telling others what they should or shouldn't think, believe, say or do--within reason, that being the degree it impinges on others (in particular, ME--which of course is where the cutting-edge of "disharmony" is sharpened).

I would classify myself as either a disgruntled Republican, a conservative, or a conservative Libertarian. It is so tough to classify nowadays.

What does this have to do with Janoris Jenkins? Well, I think he should have the right to be stupid, just as I have the right to be disappointed in him. I do not believe I have the right to harass him at home and call him stupid (as they are doing with Jay Cutler in Chicago), or text "time to die" to him (that never gets old), or write to Will Muschamp to tell him what I think of Janoris Jenkins and his drug habit.

All that I care about is that Coach fields the best team possible in 2011. It is up to him to decide whether smoking pot warrants a suspension.

Gatorfan24

Gator Fan

I was at the game, surrounded by crazy screaming rednecks. But, that's what comes with living in Georgia. Best game I've ever gone to in my life.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema