• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

It's on Urban Liar

Leakfan12

VIP Member
The Gators will face off against The Ohio State F--KEYES in the Gator Bowl. At first, I thought the Gators should reject their bowl bids but now I want them to kill those Suckeyes. I want Blood. I want the D to rip off Braxton Miller's head and do the same to Urban Meyer. I want Elam to take out some of their receivers. Also note to Urban Liar: DON'T SHOW YOUR FACE IN JACKSONVILLE DURING THAT GAME OR EVEN BE IN THE STATE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I sense a lot of anger here, maybe we should talk it out :geek:
We've talked plenty--if you're looking for folks to hold hands with you and sing "CumByah", you might well have come to the wrong place...you may want to review the ongoing discussions in the various obviously-titled threads, though the sentiment is pretty well consistent (and, in my opinion, well-FOUNDED) throughout GE: "Screw the lying phony bastard."
Sorry if you are one of those who are more inclined to bend over, take it and say, "Thankyou Sir! May I have another?"
We're thankfully short on those, and aim to keep it that way, I'm thinking...but if that IS closer to your POV, you're welcome to present your case, of course. But I did warn you.
(What I WILL concede is that there will come a time soon when we have "vented enough", when it is time to "turn the page" and move on--but that time is not yet, not with new outrages still possible in coming days as this plays out, and the actual consequences, the result of success or failure in Meyer's ongoing efforts to lie, cheat and steal away a significant portion of our prospective recruiting class, are revealed. His parallel covert campaign among members of our coaching staff is less dire, we have concluded, in all but one case: Hill, our hot young Recruiting Coordinator would be a big loss, especially now--and it is his importance and key knowledge in that area that is why Meyer has targeted him. Marotti and Durkin we can lose--they are "Meyer-guys", who contributed mainly to making us WEAKER. The Gator bowl match-up will only heighten this still-fresh sense of a series of betrayals and lies revealed.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I have less hatred and vitriol for Urban Meyer than most. I go back and forth between being annoyed at him raiding our staff and recruits, or being happy for him and trusting that much of the bad stuff we hear is just rumor.

Right now I am in wait and see mode. Urban did a lot of good things for the Gator Nation. We should be grateful. He was brought in to resurrect an empire, which he did tirelessly. He has been known to do that. He was not meant to stay here for 12 years like Spurrier. Remember, Spurrier now coaches a team that gets to try beating us every year on the field and on the recruiting trail. Meyer will be coaching a team that will only see us in bowl games.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have less hatred and vitriol for Urban Meyer than most. I go back and forth between being annoyed at him raiding our staff and recruits, or being happy for him and trusting that much of the bad stuff we hear is just rumor.

Right now I am in wait and see mode. Urban did a lot of good things for the Gator Nation. We should be grateful. He was brought in to resurrect an empire, which he did tirelessly. He has been known to do that. He was not meant to stay here for 12 years like Spurrier. Remember, Spurrier now coaches a team that gets to try beating us every year on the field and on the recruiting trail. Meyer will be coaching a team that will only see us in bowl games.
Well, you ARE "back and forth" on this, E-, but I doubt you're alone there...even I could be described that way--except that mine is between "To HELL with the lying jerk" and "Let's throw stuff at the Scumbag if he shows up at the Gator Bowl!".
See, I was already pissed at how it turned out he had left the state of our team and program after all--how that was revealed after-the-fact, AND what it told us about that whole melodrama the last year of his tenure here. Then we're hit with the REST of the story, this extended period of betrayal and subterfuge whose consequences are still ongoing (and, believe me, our present coaches are working like mad, crazy FOOLS to counteract those efforts and do everything they can to bring home a great recruiting class after all--and as far as I know, so far Aubrey Hill has continued in his role as Recruiting Coordinator through it all, which, unless that is just "show for the outside", would mean that he either is staying, or he's promised to keep it separate, not even "jump" until AFTER "Signing Day"--UNLESS he's prepared to "pull a Meyer" himself!).
Here's where I stand on the "Screw Meyer!"-meter by now: IF our side can limit the damage, IF Hill stays or at least does things in an honorable fashion (something I can't think would endear him to the ethics- and honor-deficient Meyer), and IF our eventual recruiting-class is NOT hugely damaged by this whole fiasco, I will be willing to just dismiss the man, remember the good times in a qualified-but-positive way, and move on--worry about OUR team, and not him, or them, in any way (though I reserve the right to sit back and enjoy his/their experience with the "laws of diminishing returns"!).
IF, on the other hand, they really DO manage to seriously raid our class in the final weeks, using our coach(s) and our research and long, hard legwork getting THIS far to do it, and that class is materially damaged in it's over-all richness thanks to Meyer & Co. getting inside and sucking us dry like parasites, I WILL be BIG-TIME pissed FOREVER. Maybe you'd be more circumspect, E-, but tell me that you'd still "wish him well" if that turns out to be the case...
(As for comparisons between he and Spurrier, well, I wasn't too thrilled with THAT whole scenario either--more the way our sudden drop off in talent as that senior class graduated seemed to presage "the ol' Ball Coach"s supposed long time desire to "challenge himself" in the NFL, than what has come since. When that was a bust and he returned to the SEC with the Gamecocks, I was done with Spurrier too. However, the circumstances were NOT the same, neither in timing NOR in the deeply calculating and manipulatively lying, covert work-from-the-inside approach that apparently comes so naturally to Meyer. With Spurrier, I still remember the good times fondly, give him props ESPECIALLY for coming back to UF when we were "on the ropes" from public disgrace and probation, and building us not just "back", but into the high-profile power-house we had always THOUGHT we could and SHOULD be, but never quite were, until After Spurrier...but I don't really care too much about him now, not too strongly either way. He's just someone else's coach, for an SEC team that is experiencing its "one peak every generation or so" right now, and will return to above-average mediocrity pretty quickly, with or without him. It's almost like there's a different guy coaching at USC, in my heart it's a DIFFERENT SS who "saved" the Gators all those years ago and helped to make us what we are today--just "in between" Championship runs!)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I sense a lot of anger here, maybe we should talk it out :geek:

Ask any UT fan about Lane Kiffin, WVU fan about Rich Rod, Louisville and Atlanta Falcons fan about Bobby Petrino, etc. and most of them would be as pissed if not more about those guys. Plus why do you care Suckeye fan?

ShortBus

VIP Member
I LIKED urban meyer. and after reading his book I THOUGHT he was a man of character, honesty, morals, etc. but apparently he is a lying deceitful jack ass that needs to be on the same plane as Obama (and the rest of congress and every politician in america.. but that's a whole nother topic) when it crashes with no survivors.

Escambia94

I will put it this way. Right now I have no reason to believe that Urban Meyer lied to the Gator Nation. If the rumors are true, then I will be pissed off for a little bit, but I will get over it. I have let go of the past, and I am excited for Year 2 of the Will Muschamp Era, even if that is without a few coaches and a couple lost recruits.

Block O

URBAN OHIO ERA BEGINS
Go back on probation :)
nutty-o.gif

GoGatorsZ71

Hangin in tha swamps
I was saddened when Urban stopped coaching here, but had a weird feeling he was gonna coach again somewhere, never guessed it would be at OSU, eek that is just too much!

Escambia94

Update: tOSU will be allowed to bring extra coaches and tattoo artists to the Gator Bowl, according to NCAA. Apparently we are supposed to feel sorry for them and afford them every opportunity to beat the 104th ranked offense without its offensive coordinator.

I don't know how they get special treatment, but they got it.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
I LIKED urban meyer. and after reading his book I THOUGHT he was a man of character, honesty, morals, etc. but apparently he is a lying deceitful jack ass that needs to be on the same plane as Obama (and the rest of congress and every politician in america.. but that's a whole nother topic) when it crashes with no survivors.
lmao lol

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Go back on probation :)
I think we're rid of this twisted little troll--but since he left us with this apparent self-portrait, flattering as it must seem to someone from The F*ckeye State, I think we should leave it up there, remember what we're "losing" when any ONE of 'em goes running home--complete with their "Ole Miss"-hat (???--Well, neither smarts nor a sense of direction appear to be important traits up that way, any more than honor, loyalty or class...).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Update: tOSU will be allowed to bring extra coaches and tattoo artists to the Gator Bowl, according to NCAA. Apparently we are supposed to feel sorry for them and afford them every opportunity to beat the 104th ranked offense without its offensive coordinator.

I don't know how they get special treatment, but they got it.
May have something to do with that "NCAA Rules Council"-composition you've pointed out, E-...(That's an issue worth pursuing, BTW) (...laughter...I just reread and caught the "...and tatoo artists"-line)
You know, I read a non-Gator objection to this very same deal, them being allowed to bring a "double set of coaches to the Gator Bowl", something the griping official (from another school--I just can't remember who, or where he was from now) himself had "never heard of before...".

At least we got one small (but COULD have been HUGE if it had gone differently) piece of GOOD news over the weekend: Aubrey Hill is NOT going with Meyer to tOSU. Turned him down FLAT--and made a point of (1) not only refusing to share ANY recruiting information with Meyer, but informed Muschamp of our ex-coach's "pressing interest" as soon as it came up, and (2) has now publicly announced that he is "happy here at UF and proud to be a Gator".

Debi Hilton

Me @ da Swamp vs Furman 2011
I will put it this way. Right now I have no reason to believe that Urban Meyer lied to the Gator Nation. If the rumors are true, then I will be pissed off for a little bit, but I will get over it. I have let go of the past, and I am excited for Year 2 of the Will Muschamp Era, even if that is without a few coaches and a couple lost recruits.
A LOT more than a couple recruits~~& a few coaches, traitors!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema