• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Injuries

Sharon4Gators

Gator Fan
Has anyone heard any update on how many players got hurt and for how long? Harvin is a huge loss, and he was just one of the ones go out.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Has anyone heard any update on how many players got hurt and for how long? Harvin is a huge loss, and he was just one of the ones go out.

I hope he can play against Bama otherwise it will be a huge blow if he can't. I know there's a lot of talent on the offense but it's not the same.

castawaygator

VIP Member
I hope he can play against Bama otherwise it will be a huge blow if he can't. I know there's a lot of talent on the offense but it's not the same.

i hope he will be back. the more threats we have on offense the harder it will be for anyone to cover all of them.

SWAMPTHING08

Gator Fan
I think Harvin is a big loss but we have other big time playmakers other than Harvin. It will be a big loss but i think we will be fine.

We can still win without Harvin because of the big play potential from Jeff Demps, Chris make it Rainey, Louis Murphy, Riley Cooper, Deonte Thompson etc... Much better that it's one of our many speed weapons and not Tebow. No way we could win with him out.

castawaygator

VIP Member
We can still win without Harvin because of the big play potential from Jeff Demps, Chris make it Rainey, Louis Murphy, Riley Cooper, Deonte Thompson etc... Much better that it's one of our many speed weapons and not Tebow. No way we could win with him out.

sure it would be worse to loose tebow than to loose harvin. tebow is #1 player on off. but harvin is absolutely #2. all the other players you mentioned are great player but still if given a choice i would rather have harvin than rainey or demps.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Harvin not playing isn't a big deal with respect to talent differential. The biggest problem with not having him on the field is that other teams will be able to key up on other playmakers like Rainey, Tebow, Murphy, and Demps.

So let's say we line up with Tebow at shotgun, Demps and Rainey beside Tebow, Murphy out wide, and Harvin in the slot. Because of Harvin, we threaten a WR sweep, option, deep post, WR screen, and crossing route over the center...all from one player. No other player on our team threatens to do as much with the ball as Harvin does. So if Harvin doesn't play, or Alabama believes he's just on the field to be a decoy, that extra safety that normally would have doubled him up on the deep passing route or might creep in to help the linebacker cover Harvin is now available to double up Murphy or blitz, or maybe shut down one side of the field forcing use to run the ball to the other side of the field.

Zach

Gator Fan
Harvin not playing isn't a big deal with respect to talent differential. The biggest problem with not having him on the field is that other teams will be able to key up on other playmakers like Rainey, Tebow, Murphy, and Demps.

So let's say we line up with Tebow at shotgun, Demps and Rainey beside Tebow, Murphy out wide, and Harvin in the slot. Because of Harvin, we threaten a WR sweep, option, deep post, WR screen, and crossing route over the center...all from one player. No other player on our team threatens to do as much with the ball as Harvin does. So if Harvin doesn't play, or Alabama believes he's just on the field to be a decoy, that extra safety that normally would have doubled him up on the deep passing route or might creep in to help the linebacker cover Harvin is now available to double up Murphy or blitz, or maybe shut down one side of the field forcing use to run the ball to the other side of the field.

Or they could believe he is a decoy and then we actually use him which would be a good idea.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
We've won without Percy before. I hate that he is hurt and we may not have him for the game, but we have won without him before, and I believe we can do it again.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
We have enough versatility and depth on offense now that we'd be OK without Percy heading into this game. Coach Meyer is giving him a couple days off for evaluation and will make a decision later in the week.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I hope that someone steps up if Percy doesn't play. remember When I think Jack Jackson got hurt in the 1994 SEC title game didn't someone step up that game?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema