• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I know we are not this bad.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Which ones weren't executing on defense for that matter? We may have a young team according to some statistics but we can't use that as an excuse. It doesn't match the facts. The vast majority of playing time is taken up by experienced upperclassmen. Just because some freshmen wide receivers will come in on some sets doesn't make us bad offensively because of youth and inexperience.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Which ones weren't executing on defense for that matter? We may have a young team according to some statistics but we can't use that as an excuse. It doesn't match the facts. The vast majority of playing time is taken up by experienced upperclassmen. Just because some freshmen wide receivers will come in on some sets doesn't make us bad offensively because of youth and inexperience.

I can cite one in particular on defense - Will Hill. Twice in a row he make costly mistakes that resulted in opponents scoring on us.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I can cite one in particular on defense - Will Hill. Twice in a row he make costly mistakes that resulted in opponents scoring on us.

Will Hill is a Junior and he started several games last season. I agree that he does make several costly mistakes though. He has several brilliant plays but then will bite it big and cost us points. He's not the brightest leg lamp on the street.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Our secondary is the least of our problems. Will hill has made mistakes but im willing top bet he has made more positive ones then bad ones. His first game this year came last week. I'm willing to bet if he was getting burnt on a regular basis he would not be starting.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Our secondary is the least of our problems. Will hill has made mistakes but im willing top bet he has made more positive ones then bad ones. His first game this year came last week. I'm willing to bet if he was getting burnt on a regular basis he would not be starting.

Will Hill cost us points because he didn't cover his opposing receivers! Those were COSTLY mistakes!

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
will hill cost us points because he didn't cover his opposing receivers! Those were costly mistakes!

has not cost us a game. I think pouncey has cost us more if we want to put it in that context with the bad snaps. Which in turn falls back to the coaches.

ShortBus

VIP Member
otg, u're missing the point entirely. we're not blaming the coaching staff for pouncey's bad snaps. we're blaming the coaching staff for not putting his ass back at guard and letting robey come in and show him how it's done.. THAT is the coaches fault. NOT pouncey's.. pouncey just plays the position the coaches tell him to. and for the record i'm disappointed addazio didn't get sucked into one of the jet engines on the way home... someone please take his play calling duties away... this guy is horrible

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
otg, u're missing the point entirely. we're not blaming the coaching staff for pouncey's bad snaps. we're blaming the coaching staff for not putting his ass back at guard and letting robey come in and show him how it's done.. THAT is the coaches fault. NOT pouncey's.. pouncey just plays the position the coaches tell him to. and for the record i'm disappointed addazio didn't get sucked into one of the jet engines on the way home... someone please take his play calling duties away... this guy is horrible

Perhaps it's time for some of you to send an email to Urban and say something then, right? Addazio was OC all of last season, yet I didn't see all these calls for his head last year.

Bad snaps and fumbles aren't the result of bad playcalling - those are player errors.

Sorry, but I'm not on the FSA bandwagon. The way I saw it, these kids shot themselves in the foot - call me out to your heart's content for not going along with the finger-pointing; I really don't give a crap anymore. I'm over it.

BlueMtnBchGrl

Gator Fan

Exactly. Well, I am so far disappointed I need a new word for disappointed. Heartsick, maybe? I agree.....clean house on the top and go from there. this was pathetic and needlessly (sp?) embarrassing. And I am Tired of hearing Meyer saying "we have to get better." Uh....Duh? Come On! Shame on you!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Exactly. Well, I am so far disappointed I need a new word for disappointed. Heartsick, maybe? I agree.....clean house on the top and go from there. this was pathetic and needlessly (sp?) embarrassing. And I am Tired of hearing Meyer saying "we have to get better." Uh....Duh? Come On! Shame on you!

Sorry. I sent an email to Urban Meyer that read "You guys need to get better". He does listen to the armchair quarterbacks. I suppose I should have been more specific. It's my fault, guys.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Perhaps it's time for some of you to send an email to Urban and say something then, right? Addazio was OC all of last season, yet I didn't see all these calls for his head last year.

Bad snaps and fumbles aren't the result of bad playcalling - those are player errors.

Sorry, but I'm not on the FSA bandwagon. The way I saw it, these kids shot themselves in the foot - call me out to your heart's content for not going along with the finger-pointing; I really don't give a crap anymore. I'm over it.

i remember a lot of people upset by the play calling last year. i believe we have been complaining for two years about the below average play calling. we just had a strong running qb who could make up for some of the bad play calls.

The Zooker

VIP Member
There were certainly rumblings last year. Everyone basically had the same feelings we have now. We had all kinds of ridiculous talent but were barely scooting by teams like Mississippi State. It seemed like the players were winning based on shear athletic disparity. They seemed to be winning DESPITE the playcalling, not because of it. It was even more predictable last year. But once we went up against a team that could match us athletically, it was a decisive loss due to the coaching disparity.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
There were certainly rumblings last year. Everyone basically had the same feelings we have now. We had all kinds of ridiculous talent but were barely scooting by teams like Mississippi State. It seemed like the players were winning based on shear athletic disparity. They seemed to be winning DESPITE the playcalling, not because of it. It was even more predictable last year. But once we went up against a team that could match us athletically, it was a decisive loss due to the coaching disparity.

exactly what im thinkig

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)

Come back, Zooker! Just kidding. Just promote Loeffler, and shop around for an OC. Urban Meyer is still a good coach, so I cannot give up on him yet. In December I will join the 'fire Urban Meyer bandwagon' if we get dismantled again. Right now I have one foot in the 'fire Addazzio' bandwagon.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member

players run what plays coaches call. if its not working its not working and coaches are supposed to adjust.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema