• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Horford puts TJ Ford on a stretcher

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Did anyone else see Al Horford foul TJ Ford last night? Ford was going for a layout and Horford was defending. Al hit him slightly on the head knocking him to the floor. Ford his his head on the floor and got taken away on a stretcher.

Horford was ejected from the game. He didn't really mean to foul him hard and was apologetic after the game.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Yeah I posted about it in the General Sports Forum. Obviously Horford meant no harm to TJ as we all know that he is a genuinely good guy. I heard he contacted Ford to let him know that he felt awful about what happened. I really hope TJ recovers fine from this and its not a major injury. Also, I hope people don't try to blame Horford for the injury.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Ya I saw that after I posted this. My bad!

Heard last night that TJ was released from the hospital and should be OK.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Ya I saw that after I posted this. My bad!

Heard last night that TJ was released from the hospital and should be OK.
That's definitely great to hear. He seems like a good guy and a great player. I'm sure Horford still feels awful but is glad to hear its not anything serious.

djg8tr22

VIP Member
Ford was on the bench and in street clothes for last nights game. Horford really didnt do anything too terribly bad. He was going to swat the ball and then Ford went up and under. So nothing Horford did,

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/hawks/stories/2007/12/12/hawks_1213.html

But Ford did his very best to ease Horford's mind when the two spent time together at the hospital late Tuesday nightFord was released Wednesday morning and on a noon flight home to Toronto to join his teammates before Thursday night's game against Dallas.
"T.J. was real cool," Horford said Wednesday afternoon after the Hawks wrapped up a day of treatment and individual workouts at Philips Arena. "Thank God he's doing better and he went home and everything. We spent some good time together and we just talked about the game and a lot of other stuff. He told me that he understood I didn't do it intentionally or anything like that. It was a really good visit."

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5itQE_TYQ-dxfsNChehvkQmuzfYfg

Horford, who was ejected following the flagrant foul with 1:32 left in the game, visited with Ford at the hospital for a couple of hours.
"It wasn't a dirty play at all. He caught in a bad spot trying to block a shot, he's a good kid, he came to the hospital, probably spent two hours there just laughing and joking and talking about basketball," Ford said. "I told him, I'm not going to hold anything against him, don't let that affect his play. It happened, my head got caught in a wrong position."

Both good articles! I really feel bad for Ford, but I feel bad for Horford, too. He's always seemed like a such a nice guy!:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema