• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Have some faith here.......

ShortBus

VIP Member
I've only been a Gator since the early 90's. SO yeah I guess I'm a bit spoiled as a Gator fan. but I'll NEVER trade my colors, no matter how bad we do. But i'll bitch and moan till we do as good as I know we're capable of.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What if...?

Let me throw this at you from a different direction.

Headline--"Urban Meyer Resigns With End of 2010 Season"

Now, let's face it: the general reaction in Gator Nation would be MUCH different than it was last year. Instead of shock, grief, confusion and outright panic, this time there'd be some surprise, but as much or more a kind of sad relief--accompanied as it no doubt would be this time with pronouncements of an "orderly plan already in place to find the ideal replacement", soon followed by "ongoing discussions with certain parties", not to be revealed until the end of the season for the sake of all concerned, blah blah blah...
Last time, we were ALL guilty of a case of "mass denial", its wave carrying Foley himself into BEGGING Coach Meyer to reconsider, and under ANY conditions. Well, we're all paying the price for that now. That's what folks are REALLY referring to when they talk about "owing" Meyer "another year".
But what does the Coach "owe" Gator Nation? If I am right about the above--and I invite your reactions to my proposal--what does that say about how we really feel? What if Coach "made it easy" for everyone concerned? If that DID "make it easy", doesn't it say an awful lot about where "things" are truly at, when you strip away the distractions, the frustration, the anger, the GUILT?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Let me throw this at you from a different direction.

Headline--"Urban Meyer Resigns With End of 2010 Season"

Now, let's face it: the general reaction in Gator Nation would be MUCH different than it was last year. Instead of shock, grief, confusion and outright panic, this time there'd be some surprise, but as much or more a kind of sad relief--accompanied as it no doubt would be this time with pronouncements of an "orderly plan already in place to find the ideal replacement", soon followed by "ongoing discussions with certain parties", not to be revealed until the end of the season for the sake of all concerned, blah blah blah...
Last time, we were ALL guilty of a case of "mass denial", its wave carrying Foley himself into BEGGING Coach Meyer to reconsider, and under ANY conditions. Well, we're all paying the price for that now. That's what folks are REALLY referring to when they talk about "owing" Meyer "another year".
But what does the Coach "owe" Gator Nation? If I am right about the above--and I invite your reactions to my proposal--what does that say about how we really feel? What if Coach "made it easy" for everyone concerned? If that DID "make it easy", doesn't it say an awful lot about where "things" are truly at, when you strip away the distractions, the frustration, the anger, the GUILT?

That is one thing Urban Meyer owes us that he almost did not give us--time to find his successor. Yeah, most of us were scared out of our minds that Meyer was going to retire at a time where we could not find a replacement. If he came out in a press conference and said he was going to retire at the end of the season, that would be a lot easier on everyone. Foley could spend the next several months schmoozing to get a replacement. In December of 2009, that retirement left us little time to attract a top-tier replacement for 2010. To be honest, if Loeffler is as good as we assume he is, Meyer retiring in '09 might have yielded better results in '10 because Addazio would be handling the overall team and not the offensive calling. Maybe Addazio would have been the disciplinarian for offense and defense that the team needs. Amidst all this confusion with the coaches, I think the role of disciplinarian has fallen by the wayside.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema