• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Have some faith here.......

tngator15

Gator Fan
"........ In all kinds of weather, we'll all stick together for F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!!!"
Sound familiar? ALL KINDS of weather. Does it say 4-3 and 2-3 in SEC play start being negative???? Get a grip on it. If we beat UGA and S. Carolina, then we're in Atlanta. C'mon people???? Have faith! 2 wins away, still. I'm a Gator. Most of the people on here ARE NOT.

I wouldn't guarantee that we'd get embarrassed. We may not be playing Alabama.......

so what?bama, lsu, & miss st. just beat us dude who's next aub or ark either can

first time we lost 3 in a row since 98 lets just let this season go down the toilet and get some coaches that know what the F their doing

tngator15

Gator Fan
so what?bama, lsu, & miss st. just beat us dude who's next aub or ark either can

first time we lost 3 in a row since 98 lets just let this season go down the toilet and get some coaches that know what the F their doing

LSU and Miss. St. were by 4 or less. I'm just not giving up. I'm still going to Vandy and I'm still going to FSU. That FSU game will be manslaughter, though.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Looking only at the second half of the last two games and most of Kentucky, I see enough to have some semblance of hope. Too hung over to discuss more...

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
"........ In all kinds of weather, we'll all stick together for F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!!!"
Sound familiar? ALL KINDS of weather. Does it say 4-3 and 2-3 in SEC play start being negative???? Get a grip on it. If we beat UGA and S. Carolina, then we're in Atlanta. C'mon people???? Have faith! 2 wins away, still. I'm a Gator. Most of the people on here ARE NOT.

I hope you are not implying that if you talk negative about a team it does not make you a fan. I'm speaking for myself when I say I call it how I see it. If UF is playing bad then they are playing bad and I will call them out. I don't sugar coat things or try to spin it to make it look better then what it is. I believe most people here are Gator fans and they are frustrated with the poor performance thus far. Heck most of the Gator fans all over the United States are frustrated. I believe thats a good thing. To expect anything but the best from our coaches and players would knock our program down to " just another football program" and not one of the elite programs in the nation.

woodsmit

Gator Fan
why go to ATL to get emberrassed again?

plus getting there could be an excuse for the bumass coaches to stick around for another yr of sadness

Which "bumass" coaches are you not wanting stay around?

I'm pretty confident that the people most unhappy with the team's performance this year were all sweating on the field last night, trying to win the game.

Winning out would be a good thing, getting to Atlanta would be a great thing and winning the SEC Championship would be a sweet thing.

Am I delusional? Of course,I'm a fan!

Go Gators!

Which "bumass" coaches are you not wanting stay around?I'm pretty confident that the people most unhappy with the team's performance this year were all sweating on the field last night, trying to win the game.

Winning out would be a good thing, getting to Atlanta would be a great thing and winning the SEC Championship would be a sweet thing.

Am I delusional? Of course,I'm a fan!

Go Gators!
that was bad wording addazio is a great recruiter i wasnt him aroun just not running the offense

im sorry im a realist

and every other bum running the offene i want them gone or doing something else

The Zooker

VIP Member

I don't think it's fair to say that the upset folks aren't Gators just because they are upset with current circumstances. Nobody is jumping ship and turning in their colors. If anything, the upset folks are better fans because they are actively raising a stink about the coaching ineptitude. You can't give the staff a free pass because of the past. FSU fans did that with Bowden and look what happened there. Accountability has to always exist for a program to stay healthy. The team looks absolutely terrible out there. It's quite bad. All we want is a new offensive coordinator. Besides, the last time fans raised a stink about the coaching staff we had Urban Meyer brought in. If everybody was happy and content with Zook then we wouldn't have those two national titles.

Escambia94

I don't think it's fair to say that the upset folks aren't Gators just because they are upset with current circumstances. Nobody is jumping ship and turning in their colors. If anything, the upset folks are better fans because they are actively raising a stink about the coaching ineptitude. You can't give the staff a free pass because of the past. FSU fans did that with Bowden and look what happened there. Accountability has to always exist for a program to stay healthy. The team looks absolutely terrible out there. It's quite bad. All we want is a new offensive coordinator. Besides, the last time fans raised a stink about the coaching staff we had Urban Meyer brought in. If everybody was happy and content with Zook then we wouldn't have those two national titles.

There is a large, gray area between keeping a coach around based on what he did before and how bad things are now. As much as the Gator Nation is clamoring for change right now, I think we have only passed Milestone A--the call to arms. Milestone B will the warning order to improve or else, followed by Milestone C, the downfall. Foley has not given a warning order, which means we have at least one more season under Urban Meyer. I cannot think of a coach that has dumped a friend and coach by throwing him under the bus, which means the changes that some of us want will probably not happen. Who really thinks UM is going to demote SA? Who really thinks Foley will tell UM to dump SA or else? There may be a way to promote Loeffler, or make him co-OC, or OC Assistant, but an outright demotion/promotion would be tough to do without UM betraying his friend. All we want is a new OC that knows the Urban Attack. That guy is already on our staff--Loeffler. Use him! Find a creative way to save face and get him in there before we hit Milestone B, the official warning order.

Next year will be the big year. We face Alabama at home (no longer a friendly home), LSU in Death Valley, and Auburn at Jordan-Hare (never a friendly place for us). This time next year we will either be on track, or in a total wreck again, enacting Milestone C, the firing of this coaching staff. We can only hope Boise State or Utah stumble and are willing to let us pluck a coach or OC. I doubt Auburn will let us take their OC.

Yes, it looks terrible. Yes, we have to suffer for at least one more season. Maybe we will on the path to recovery starting with Georgia (I have faith). Yes, I will keep my wish list of coaches. Yes, I think we can squeeze more life out of Urban Meyer as long as he swaps out OCs.

kuz318

Gator Fan
"........ In all kinds of weather, we'll all stick together for f-l-o-r-i-d-a!!!!"
sound familiar? All kinds of weather. Does it say 4-3 and 2-3 in sec play start being negative???? Get a grip on it. If we beat uga and s. Carolina, then we're in atlanta. C'mon people???? Have faith! 2 wins away, still. I'm a gator. Most of the people on here are not.

i agree 100%
however

that being said addazzio needs to go compare tebow or our offense in his junior year and compare it to his senior year

night and day its not the player its the coach

start with the coach then hold the players accountable

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I can't quite believe what I'm reading here. I guess this is how greatness becomes mediocrity. Well, I won't play along. I, too, will call 'em as I see 'em
...if it turns out that the kind of denial and stubborn self-delusion I'm seeing here are what some mythical "majority" of uninformed "fans" come to accept, then I guess it'll be like the outcome of most general elections for people like me: I'll have to live with the results--AND PAY FOR THE MISTAKES OF A BUNCH OF DAMN FOOLS.
However, don't you DARE try to tell us that if we don't buy your brand of mealy-mouthed, pie-in-the-sky promises we're not true Gators. This is akin to telling a patriot that if he doesn't go along with what the government is telling him he's a traitor. Nothing could be further from the truth. From OUR point of view, folks like yourselves are dangerous fools whose ideas, if allowed to hold sway, will usher in a long period of turmoil, decline, change LONG overdue, and a long, painful climb back.
(Apologies to the all the good and true Gators I've shared and vented with at Gator Envy, none of whom the above is aimed at)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I guess you have to read the first few posts on this thread to "get" what touched me off here...some of the folks whose views I respect have added subsequent, more moderate responses to those; while I still don't aim my comments at them, I DO stand by the above as strongly as ever.

tngator15

Gator Fan
People act like it's the downfall of the Florida Gators as we know it.... We've lost 3 games. It's NOT the end of the world for Gator football. However, I do think Urban needs to step up and make some changes. Brantley is not the problem. It's the offensive line. Ironically, that was supposed to be the strength of the team this year. It's turned out to be the weakness. Brantley has no time to throw or even look down field on most occasions.

Escambia94

I guess you have to read the first few posts on this thread to "get" what touched me off here...some of the folks whose views I respect have added subsequent, more moderate responses to those; while I still don't aim my comments at them, I DO stand by the above as strongly as ever.

I actually agree with all you are saying, but I am framing that belief with how I see this going down based on how other teams handle have handled these situations.

You are an avid fan, and your love of the Gators is not questioned in my eyes. We all handle this situation differently.

tngator15, not all of us handle the losses the same way. I remain a Gator fan. I sat through that game in the Swamp and watched people around me crying, but on the inside I was happy to see the fair weather fans leave early. There was actually a major car accident outside the Swamp as fair weather fans were in a big hurry to leave. Good riddance. Those of us on the forum who are angry, and believe we will lose half our games this season still are fans. They are still on the forum. Cut them some slack.

Those of us who still love the Gators will all deal with the loss in our own way. Okay, back to the booze for me.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
I actually agree with all you are saying, but I am framing that belief with how I see this going down based on how other teams handle have handled these situations.

You are an avid fan, and your love of the Gators is not questioned in my eyes. We all handle this situation differently.

tngator15, not all of us handle the losses the same way. I remain a Gator fan. I sat through that game in the Swamp and watched people around me crying, but on the inside I was happy to see the fair weather fans leave early. There was actually a major car accident outside the Swamp as fair weather fans were in a big hurry to leave. Good riddance. Those of us on the forum who are angry, and believe we will lose half our games this season still are fans. They are still on the forum. Cut them some slack.

Those of us who still love the Gators will all deal with the loss in our own way. Okay, back to the booze for me.

I stood up and sang "We are the Boys..." :Banane29:at Beef OBrady's during the commercial after the 3rd quarter!!! (and I don't even drink!) Got a few reactions, but that's okay.
I am glad our fair-weather friends that have been saying "Go Gators" because it's in style are taking a hike, too.
I agree with most of you in one way or another, the good, the bad. We've been playing like crap (excuse my language:)). But (except for the Alabama game) the scores were close.... we're just so used to taking the other teams by storm....
[My poor kiddo (my 15 yr old) has been having to leave the room during the 3rd & 4th quarters. Before lsu even tossed the ball, matt was yelling, don't try to block it! it's the pass!!!-- Maybe he should apply for a job at UF]

Anyway, I love reading y'alls comments,
and... in all kinds of weather... right?
Go Gators!

Escambia94

I stood up and sang "We are the Boys..." :Banane29:at Beef OBrady's during the commercial after the 3rd quarter!!! (and I don't even drink!) Got a few reactions, but that's okay.
I am glad our fair-weather friends that have been saying "Go Gators" because it's in style are taking a hike, too.
I agree with most of you in one way or another, the good, the bad. We've been playing like crap (excuse my language:)). But (except for the Alabama game) the scores were close.... we're just so used to taking the other teams by storm....
[My poor kiddo (my 15 yr old) has been having to leave the room during the 3rd & 4th quarters. Before lsu even tossed the ball, matt was yelling, don't try to block it! it's the pass!!!-- Maybe he should apply for a job at UF]

Anyway, I love reading y'alls comments,
and... in all kinds of weather... right?
Go Gators!

I am using this as an educational experience for my 15 year old as well. I make her watch the good and the bad. She has been to two winning games and one losing game. My uncle made me watch the 0-10-1 year when we could catch those games. That same uncle was a Pensacola sports announcer who watched Emmitt Smith from his early days, and he taught me a bit about hanging in during rough spots.

As much as I hate this, it is a learning experience for the new generation of the Gator Nation. We might be lucky and weather the storm with a bad 2010 year and an okay 2011 year with Urban Meyer. He earned that much. What does he owe the Gator Nation? I *think* he owes us some signs that he has heard our grumblings, and that he is going to make changes. If he does not change SOMETHING, then I will take it as a sign that he does not have the answers and I will sadly watch his decline and eventual downfall in 2011.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema