• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Grading Out as a "Champion"

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
"Mike Pouncey is considered Florida's best offensive linemen, and one of the nation's elite. He has graded out a champion in every game this season and is a potential first-round NFL draft pick."

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/...itle=Coaches-players-behind-Pouncey-at-center

---
Apparently this distinction by the coaching staff means little to nothing due to how much it seems to have been been watered down. I have to seriously question the decision to grade Pouncey a "champion" after the debacle that was our opening game against Miami.

The Zooker

VIP Member
One of the major problems I have with this coaching staff is that they are never honest with the media. Sometimes that can work in your favor. But often times that brands you as a liar. The UF coaching staff has not been honest since Spurrier left. Zook (me) was just trying to cover his ass. Meyer is always playing games and saying things that he obviously doesn't mean. Look at what Addazio has been saying lately. He stated that his offensive is unpredictable. Are you f'ing kidding me? When he has faced legitimate defensive coordinators he has had his ass handed to him. He relies solely on the athletic disparity of the players. Anyone can call plays for UF and win the majority of games since we are so much more athletic than our opponents. But if we are going to win championships then we need a real coaching staff. It's time to stop accepting excuses and start accepting reality. If you think Addazio is capable of running an elite offense then you have never played a down of football and haven't been watching it long enough to realize what you are looking at. I'm almost tempted to send every opposing coach a breakdown of what Addazio calls on each play just so that they can stop it and further destroy our Gators. That way we can get a new offensive coordinator in to call the plays. Addazio is so formulaic that any solid coach can know what he calls. As I've stated a million times before, even Dont'a Hightower knew what play we are running as soon as we lined up. LOOK AT THE TAPE! He adjusted the defense according to what we are playing. If the opposing MLB knows exactly what you are calling then you are a bush league offensive coordinator. That's a matter of fact.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I'm tired of everybody being graded out as champion. Did someone change the definition of that word on me? Here is the real list of who graded out as champion:

Chas Henry. He elevated the lonely role of kicker to that of offensive and defensive threat. He even tackles better than Will Hill.

C.J. Moseley. This Alabama linebacker had more reception yards (35) from John Brantley than any of our Gator receivers, other than Deonte Thompson (60). Proof that JB does throw a catchable ball--Gator receivers, take notice.

Tigalaya

Gator Fan
As an outsider, it's interesting just to read about such a "grade". Are there other levels that players grade out as?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
As an outsider, it's interesting just to read about such a "grade". Are there other levels that players grade out as?

Nope. Urban Meyer gets up at his press conference and gives kudos to his players that he feels played like champions. There is no other grade. For the ones that grade out as "incompetent boobs" in MY gradebook, Urban Meyer will not call them out in public except in rare instances. For example, he said that someone had the case of the "Will Hills", after a player that he feels is being lazy and not playing up to potential. It just so happened that Will Hill blew two very important plays against Alabama. He will not get graded as a champion or as a loser, but he will get a butt chewing on the field.

Praise in public, chastise on the practice field.

Dat-Tiger-Fan

Gator Fan
Nor should he call them out publicly.....i'm sure if coach meyer thought there was someone better at center he would be in there

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema