• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GOOD News GUYS

Janoris Jenkins remaining at Florida

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida cornerback Janoris Jenkins has decided to return to the Gators for his senior season.

Jenkins, a three-year starter projected to be a first-round NFL draft pick, has eight career interceptions. He had three this past season, and was a first-team, All-SEC selection by The Associated Press. He missed the Outback Bowl following shoulder surgery.
Consideration of the recovery time following surgery possibly affecting his NFL draft preparations led Jenkins to reconsider turning pro, sources told ESPN's Joe Schad. Jenkins had told teammates and multiple former coaches that he would enter the draft.
Jenkins was rated as the No. 2 cornerback in the draft, and the No. 11 player overall, by ESPN draft expert Todd McShay.
"I spent some time with my family and coach [Will] Muschamp and came to the conclusion it was in my best interest to return to school," Jenkins said in a statement. "Coach Muschamp was very supportive throughout the whole process, regardless of my decision, but he wanted to make sure I had all of the facts. I'm looking forward to working towards my degree, completing my rehab and getting back on the field with my teammates."
Muschamp commended Jenkins for making a "mature decision."
"It would have been real easy for Janoris to make an emotional choice and leave early," Muschamp said. "But with our contacts in the NFL, we were able to assist him in understanding his draft status and he made an educated decision that will be beneficial to him in the long term."
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Amazing how big this news has turned out to be "out there"...I wasn't sure if our Gators were still that newsworthy--the spotlight sweeps by pretty quickly when you aren't winning, and winning big, but it looks like, with everything, we're still one of the "800 lb. gorillas in the room" (and this looks to be one more sign that we're worth watching, and probably coming back strong and fast).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema