• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Good News about Bowden

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I was absolutely worried that Bowden was going to retire last year, and make sure he pulled every stunt in the book in order to make sure he beat dadgum UF in his last battle. Now, I can rest assured he will keep playing at least until 2010, and probably until he surpasses Joe Pa. Too bad Bowden doesn't realize that Joe Pa is actually a robot and will outlive him by a thousand years.

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
dude i love bowden....he is a class act and my dads friend is he pilot i got to meet him and idc what people say how he is getting super old, he is sharp as a whistle and he is a class act. I wish the rivalry games would intesify or FSU would get good again...

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I was absolutely worried that Bowden was going to retire last year, and make sure he pulled every stunt in the book in order to make sure he beat dadgum UF in his last battle. Now, I can rest assured he will keep playing at least until 2010, and probably until he surpasses Joe Pa. Too bad Bowden doesn't realize that Joe Pa is actually a robot and will outlive him by a thousand years.

Which only means that Urban Meyer will continue to be Saint Booby's nemesis.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I don't know why you guys are so worried about Bowden retiring. Do you really think Jimbo Fisher will improve FSU that much? I think Bobby still helps FSU tremendously in terms of recruiting. Think about it, you're a high school kid weighing your college options. FSU is one of your choices. What do they have going for them? Great team? No. Great city? No. State bragging rights? Definitely not. Legendary coach that can still connect with kids and their parents like nobody's business? YES! When Bowden goes they lose all of that. Jimbo Fisher does not have the same recruiting weight that Bowden does. Plus, when Bowden retires, Mickey Andrews will go with him. And I personally know the recruiting power Andrews has. I played Safety in high school and I found out Andrews was at one of my games recruiting a few players from the other team. Even though I was a die-hard Gator fan I nearly had a panic attack before I lfet the locker room. He is a legend in his own right.

I personally want Bowden to retire. He's nothing more than a figure head right now. He calls no plays and Fisher is pretty much already the coach. When he leaves FSU will have NO viability on the recruiting trail whatsoever. Plus, I would absolutely love to have Bowden do something on tv for college football. The man is just straight up good for the sport.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
I don't know why you guys are so worried about Bowden retiring. Do you really think Jimbo Fisher will improve FSU that much? I think Bobby still helps FSU tremendously in terms of recruiting. Think about it, you're a high school kid weighing your college options. FSU is one of your choices. What do they have going for them? Great team? No. Great city? No. State bragging rights? Definitely not. Legendary coach that can still connect with kids and their parents like nobody's business? YES! When Bowden goes they lose all of that. Jimbo Fisher does not have the same recruiting weight that Bowden does. Plus, when Bowden retires, Mickey Andrews will go with him. And I personally know the recruiting power Andrews has. I played Safety in high school and I found out Andrews was at one of my games recruiting a few players from the other team. Even though I was a die-hard Gator fan I nearly had a panic attack before I lfet the locker room. He is a legend in his own right.

I personally want Bowden to retire. He's nothing more than a figure head right now. He calls no plays and Fisher is pretty much already the coach. When he leaves FSU will have NO viability on the recruiting trail whatsoever. Plus, I would absolutely love to have Bowden do something on tv for college football. The man is just straight up good for the sport.
No one is worried.

We're laughing (and glad) that FSU is allowing a figure head to remain as coach that continues to keep the team in mediocrity. And what you're talking about recruiting happened in FSU's prime in the 90s. In today's college football world, FSU doesn't recruit well, and some of the few good recruits they have gotten haven't even qualified.

In addition, we're laughing even more that FSU has to name Jimbo head coach in 2011 or give him 5M, money they almost certainly don't have the ability to pay. The head coach in waiting was a mistake from the start. FSU is stuck with Jimbo, when there are better candidates out there they could hire.

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan

im pretty sure mickey andrews is retiring after this season regardless....he says he wants more time with his kids....and he has been hinting at it in his interviews

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
No one is worried.

We're laughing (and glad) that FSU is allowing a figure head to remain as coach that continues to keep the team in mediocrity. And what you're talking about recruiting happened in FSU's prime in the 90s. In today's college football world, FSU doesn't recruit well, and some of the few good recruits they have gotten haven't even qualified.

I'm really not sure why you say FSU doesn't isn't a factor in recruiting. They still get top recruits and consistently pull classes that are among the best in the country. They recruit very well, they just don't coach well.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
I'm really not sure why you say FSU doesn't isn't a factor in recruiting. They still get top recruits and consistently pull classes that are among the best in the country. They recruit very well, they just don't coach well.
They get good classes, but they don't consistently get great classes. I think you're stretching it to say they recruit "very well"

And as I said earlier, several of their recruits over the past few years haven't even qualified.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema