• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators vs. Bearcats

CinciGator

Gator Fan
If the Gators fail to show up like they did against AL, UC will win. If the Gaotrs come in with some fire, they should win convincingly. I've watched most games for both teams this year and UF has a better all-around team. I can't say that I'd be too upset with either outcome :)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I'm impressed with Cincy. They are by no means a pushover, and I am curious about our defense against a high-octane offense, even though our defense is still ranked in the top five even after our beat-down. People should watch this game to get a taste of what Bama-TCU could have looked like if Nebraska had busted the BCS system.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Good thing their coach is leaving for ND.

That being said, this is a must win game for recruiting. UF has already lost ground in recruiting to FSU, and if UF loses, that could result in losing more recruits.

UcatsRick

Gator Fan
I'm impressed with Cincy. They are by no means a pushover, and I am curious about our defense against a high-octane offense, even though our defense is still ranked in the top five even after our beat-down. People should watch this game to get a taste of what Bama-TCU could have looked like if Nebraska had busted the BCS system.

Cincinnati would have beat TCU to the game if Nebraska had won. Then you'r be playing TCU.

UcatsRick

Gator Fan
Cincinnati players are quite upset over the Kelly deal with ND. Several have spoken to the local press and the sentiments are not favorable for Kelly. I really hope that fires them into the Florida game.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Cincinnati players are quite upset over the Kelly deal with ND. Several have spoken to the local press and the sentiments are not favorable for Kelly. I really hope that fires them into the Florida game.
I hope it does fire them up, and they don't get down on what's happened and roll over.

KYGATOR

Gator Fan
Just what do the Gator fans think about UC Bearcats football? I've been a long time Bearcats football fan, and we do not have the program that Florida has. We do have a very good football team this season though.

Have you watched the Bearcats play?
What are you thoughts on this game?
Do Gator fans think this game is an automatic Gator win?

I have been a UC season ticker holder for the past four years. The biggest problem UC has in this game is how small their D is.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

I thought it was rather thoughtless and disrepectful of Brian Kelly to up and leave Cincy high and dry like that; the least he could have done was to have fulfilled his obligation to the Bearcats and coach them in the Sugar Bowl. I don't blame some of the players for being as upset as they were when they were interviewed by ESPN last night after the announcement was made.

Let others rip Urban Meyer up one side and down the other, but at least he didn't snub Utah back in 2004 when they went to the Fiesta Bowl even though he was hired in mid-December of that year to come to Florida. He finished his duties there, and left to start recruiting for the Gators after the game was over. "Urban Liar" my ass - more and more he's showing me that he's a man of integrity and scruples.

UcatsRick

Gator Fan
When Brian Kelly was hired by Cincinnati in December 2006 after Mark Dantonio left for Mich St., Kelly and his staff from CMU coached both CMU in their bowl game, and Cincinnati in theirs. I believe he is the only coach to have two bowl victories in the same season.

From what I've heard coming out of Cincinnati's board of trustees, they did not want Kelly to coach the bowl game. I can't understand why not. I also cannot confirm that.

KYGATOR

Gator Fan
Most of the UC players hate him now. Gilyard walked out at awards last night. Guidugli (sp) said he doesn't care to hear what Kelly has to say, called him a liar walked out and told him to go talk to Notre Dame players and leave the bearcats alone. http://news.cincinnati.com/

CinciGator

Gator Fan
From what I've heard coming out of Cincinnati's board of trustees, they did not want Kelly to coach the bowl game. I can't understand why not. I also cannot confirm that.
Yes, I have seen that reported in several places. Doesn't make it true but in all likelihood, it is true. I wonder if BK would have stayed to coach the game if allowed? My gut says no.

Escambia94

Without knowing all the specifics, it looks to me, an outsider, that there was an iffy relationship there. I hope BK succeeds at Notre Dame. I think that ND eats up coaches due to the rich heritage and high expectations at that school.

sbq80

VIP Member
I can't believe its even a question!?
I am a realist & dont think UF can win ever game they play (although I did think they would beat Alabama)

UF ROLLS over Cinci

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I am a realist & dont think UF can win ever game they play (although I did think they would beat Alabama)

UF ROLLS over Cinci

A bold statement, although all the distractions of Kelly going to ND (and he won't be coaching in the Sugar Bowl), might help us out.

Escambia94

UF ROLLS over Cinci

The Gators have not rolled over anybody this year. If the Gators win, they will "beat" them, or simply "outscore" them, but they sure as heck won't "roll" them. It would be nice if they could roll the Bearcats, but I won't get my hopes up. I just want them to have fun, but win that final game. The last game I went to, we won by a field goal, and I expect the same for this game that I am going to.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Just saw a tweet from Ben Volin on my twitter page; our guys are back on the practice field tomorrow to start getting ready for the game.

Escambia94

Just saw a tweet from Ben Volin on my twitter page; our guys are back on the practice field tomorrow to start getting ready for the game.

It takes a lot of practice to run that high-powered dive play. They need to start now. Maybe Addazio will get a new playbook for Christmas and give us one more play to run.

JvilleJohnny

Despite all the distractions, I don't think were gonna roll over them, but I think they'll have problems with our defense.. they've faced none tougher. hopefully we can regroup, and send the best class in SEC history out right.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema