• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators vs. Bearcats

KYGATOR

Gator Fan
Will the Gators come out and be ready to play, or will they not be to into it knowing what could have been. I live in Northern KY five minutes from Cincinnati, and am a UC season ticket holder. I will be cheering for the Gators, they will always be my #1 team. A little info on the Cats. Their D has given up a ton of points the past few weeks and have a small D line and LB's. They can score and will score. Tony Pike is the real deal, the kid has an arm and is smart. Marty Gilyard is always a threat with the ball in his hands. He returns kicks and plays WR, he is a taller Harvin. The Cats want the ball in his hands as much as possible. Their other WR are DJ Woods, and Armon Binns. Binns is a big strong WR who can spread the field. Woods is more like a Welker type of WR. Isaiah Pead is the main RB for the cats. He is on the small side but a tough runner and loves to get outside. They have an amazing backup QB in Zach Collaros. He stepped in when Pike got hurt mid season and didn't miss a beat. They will bring him in and be ready for him to take off. He is a great runner, has a great arm but about 6 inches shorter than Pike. I will post more about the Bearcats later.

http://www.gobearcats.com/

12/05/09 Pittsburgh, PA Cincinnati 45, Pittsburgh 44 Box score
11/27/09 Cincinnati, Ohio Cincinnati 49, Illinois 36 Box score
11/13/09 Cincinnati, Ohio Cincinnati 24, West Virginia 21 Box score
11/07/09 Cincinnati, Ohio Cincinnati 47, Connecticut 45 Box score
10/31/09 Syracuse, NY Cincinnati 28, Syracuse 7 Box score
10/24/09 Cincinnati, Ohio Cincinnati 41, Louisville 10 Box score
10/15/09 Tampa, Fla. Cincinnati 34, USF 17 Box score
10/03/09 Oxford, Ohio Cincinnati 37, Miami (OH) 13 Box score
09/26/09 Cincinnati, Ohio Cincinnati 28, Fresno State 20 Box score
09/19/09 Corvallis, Ore. Cincinnati 28, Oregon State 18 Box score
09/12/09 Cincinnati, Ohio Cincinnati 70, SEMO 3 Box score
09/07/09 Piscataway, N.J. Cincinnati 47, Rutgers 15 Box score

mjfan23

VIP Member
KY - It sure is intense around here. I as well am I a season ticket holder to the basketball games. Die heard bearcat basketball fan. Love seeing the football team do well, but not this week! Lets go Gators.

As far as the team:

Dont kick to Gilyard he will make you pay. I look for the Gilyard/Haden match up to be awesome.

UC has an explosive offense that likes to throw the ball ALOT. Dont expect them to run the ball hardly ever.

There defense is suspect we need to stick to the run. They are small and completely undersized in nearly every defensive position. I would hope Moody, Demps, Rainey, and Tebow have an unreal ground game.

UC is pumped, this is the biggest football game in the history of the school, I hope Florida can come out and match that.

KYGATOR

Gator Fan
I Brian Kelly takes the Notre Dame job, will he coach in this game? How will the players react with him knowing he is leaving or without him at all.

eskimoforgators

Gator Fan
Boy I would love to end on a good note....by beating them by 25 points just to prove a point. We can't pull an Alabama from last year.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I Brian Kelly takes the Notre Dame job, will he coach in this game? How will the players react with him knowing he is leaving or without him at all.

ESPN brought up this same topic yesterday, and they didn't seem to have an answer either. Even so, this will be a huge distraction for Cincy and may have an effect on their game preparation.

(JMO, but I really hope Kelly takes the Notre Dame job if it's offered to him. THEN Slimebaum, Kerasotass and the other rumor-mongers can finally stop all their BS once and for all. They won't like it, but too damn bad.)

CinciGator

Gator Fan
I think Kelly is a great coach and if he can get more money elsewhere while attaining his dream job to boot, more power to him. However, if he doesn't stay and coach the bowl game, he's an ass. That's disprespectful to the players, the fans and the university. Finish what you start!

ShortBus

VIP Member
I think Kelly is a great coach and if he can get more money elsewhere while attaining his dream job to boot, more power to him. However, if he doesn't stay and coach the bowl game, he's an ass. That's disprespectful to the players, the fans and the university. Finish what you start!

remember, the school he's leaving for has to OK this also, it's not just his decision.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
After reading the Buddy Martin article on Urban Meyer, I have to believe that Urban will "rediscover himself" in this game. He's taking a lot of heat from the Gator Nation and putting a lot of pressure on himself. Maybe after the loss, the players will loosen up, have fun, and execute better against Cincy.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
After reading the Buddy Martin article on Urban Meyer, I have to believe that Urban will "rediscover himself" in this game. He's taking a lot of heat from the Gator Nation and putting a lot of pressure on himself. Maybe after the loss, the players will loosen up, have fun, and execute better against Cincy.

Let's face it, some of our fanbase won't be completely satisfied with anything this team does. I'm sure we'll head into this game determined to avenge this loss and send our seniors out on a high note.

UcatsRick

Gator Fan
What are Gator fans thinking?

Just what do the Gator fans think about UC Bearcats football? I've been a long time Bearcats football fan, and we do not have the program that Florida has. We do have a very good football team this season though.

Have you watched the Bearcats play?
What are you thoughts on this game?
Do Gator fans think this game is an automatic Gator win?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Just what do the Gator fans think about UC Bearcats football? I've been a long time Bearcats football fan, and we do not have the program that Florida has. We do have a very good football team this season though.

First off, welcome to Gator Envy!

Unlike some of our fanbase who are spoiled and never seem to be satisfied with anything this team does, I'm happy that we earned a BCS berth in spite of our losing the SECCG. Since the Sugar Bowl has an automatic berth for the SEC champ (or runner-up should the conference champ go to the BCS NC game), it seemed to be ours based on our BCS ranking after that game.

I have watched the Bearcats play, and I'm impressed with how far Cincinnati has come in recent years. Joining a conference that's a BCS automatic qualifier like the Big East is was a smart move for the school to make, and it seems to have paid off for all of ya'll - that, and some good recruiting on the part of your coaching staff.

Our team will be focused this time around and eager to avenge our loss to Bama, so I see us ready to play on New Years' night.

Urban Meyer's alma mater is Cincinnati, as is his wife Shelley's. From what I've read, his sister is a provost at the school, and I believe his younger sister is also a doctoral student there, so there is somewhat of a connection.

As much as I can't stand the rumor mills, I'm sure Bearcat fans are a bit unsettled with all this Brian Kelly-to-Notre Dame crap; I won't believe anything until I read or hear about coming from an official representative of that school. Sure it's a distraction, and I'm sure it's one you folks don't really need right now. We're losing our DC Charlie Strong, but like Dan Mullen did last year when we played Oklahoma for the NC he's staying to coach our defense in the Sugar Bowl.

Anyway, I'm hoping it'll be a great game!

shandsgator8

VIP Member

I've seen bits and pieces of the Bearcats and have always been impressed with their offense.

Their defense on the other hand makes me think UF could put 45+ on them...at least until I watched the SEC title game.

With careful and effective planning, Alabama has shown that UF, despite its talent, is very beatable. This means I think Cincinnati has a shot at beating us. However, I'm hoping and expecting we pull together for just one more game and finally play to our potential and beat Cincinnati by about 14 or so, in a relatively high scoring game.

I think even the most optimistic Cincinnati fans should note that Alabama's offense is very different from Cincinnati's. Also, we didn't have Dunlap or a healthy Spikes in the SEC title game and I think that played a part in our loss. I'm not saying we can hold the Bearcats to under 24 points, but I am saying just because Alabama had tremendous success against our defense, doesn't mean Cincinnati will too.

UcatsRick

Gator Fan
The Bearcat offense is very good. Even better with Pike behind center.

Games Pike Started: PPG = 42.3
Games Collaros Started: PPG = 35.0

Pitt had a very good running game and a solid defensive game plan that gave us fits, and we still scored 45 points in that game. Florida had better brig their A game. The Bearcats will bring theirs I'm sure. It won't be hard for the Bearcats to get motivated to play a team like Florida.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I've seen bits and pieces of the Bearcats and have always been impressed with their offense.

Their defense on the other hand makes me think UF could put 45+ on them...at least until I watched the SEC title game.

With careful and effective planning, Alabama has shown that UF, despite its talent, is very beatable. This means I think Cincinnati has a shot at beating us. However, I'm hoping and expecting we pull together for just one more game and finally play to our potential and beat Cincinnati by about 14 or so, in a relatively high scoring game.

I think even the most optimistic Cincinnati fans should note that Alabama's offense is very different from Cincinnati's. Also, we didn't have Dunlap or a healthy Spikes in the SEC title game and I think that played a part in our loss. I'm not saying we can hold the Bearcats to under 24 points, but I am saying just because Alabama had tremendous success against our defense, doesn't mean Cincinnati will too.

One months' time should be ample enough for Spikes and others on our defense to recover from their injuries from the SECCG; if we're healthy and have a total change of attitude from the Bama game we'll be at full strength. Pardon the metaphor, but Bama caught the Gators with their pants down last Saturday and did so in a big way. There's no reason why they couldn't have shown the same level of intensity on the playing field that day as they did during the pre-game practices, and knowing Coach Meyer he's bound to never let that happen again. Our kids need to just play their game, stay focused, stay on guard and avoid all the costly mistakes that resulted in that loss.

AND - stay out of trouble. I hope that what happened this past weekend was a lesson learned for Carlos Dunlap. It's a privilege for these kids to wear the Gator Orange and Blue, and it's one that can also disappear in a moment's notice if they don't follow team rules and behave as they're expected to. We don't need to deal with any more unnecessary distractions for the rest of the year.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
BK offically will be the head coach at ND.

I saw a tweet on my Twitter page saying the same thing from Joe Schad at ESPN, but I still want to hear it from an official presser coming from Notre Dame and not some "source".

If indeed it is true, then yours truly would like to make an early Festivus wish (yes, I do watch "Seinfeld" from time to time) - a heaping plate of crow served to the following: Paul Finebaum, Peter Kerasotis, and Andrea Adelson from the "Slantinel" - and oh, by the way - make sure her plate is "magically delicious".

My sarcasm aside, premature congrats to Brian Kelly; I'm sure he'll do well there at the Golden Dome. It's a daunting task to get that program turned around from nearly two decades of so-so seasons, but based on how he's done at Cincinnati and his previous head-coaching gigs he should be able to get the job done.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema