• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators No. 6 in preseason poll

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It's still early. I would rather start off around 9 or 10 in order to help manage expectations.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
a lot of new players are going to have to step up to make a run like last years, but the talent is there. just not the experience.

Escambia94

a lot of new players are going to have to step up to make a run like last years, but the talent is there. just not the experience.

Please don't make a run like last year. Winning is fun, but I actually enjoyed 2007 when we lost 4 games because we had FUN, we saw offense (Tebow), and good defense.

Since I have lived through a couple 4-loss seasons, you won't lose me as a fan if you lose 4 games as long as Brantley is developing as a good QB and we are building up the experience we will need to face Alabama next year. If we surprise everyone and beat 'Bama this year, then so be it. I will manage my expectations for this year by expecting them to play like a #6 to #10 team, which means at least two losses, and could very well mean Alabama is a loss this year. Next year, I will manage my expectations by expecting that team to play better than this year's team due to the playing experience and one or two games of experience against Alabama.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
im looking forward to seeing how brantley can spread the ball around to different weapons like thompson, debose, rainey, demps, etc.

Escambia94

im looking forward to seeing how brantley can spread the ball around to different weapons like thompson, debose, rainey, demps, etc.

Definitely. I may be over-expecting this, but I expect to see what the spread was supposed to look like, and less of the spread-option. I do hope we keep the opponent guessing, however.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
i know this has been mentioned but floridas football team could put together a pretty legit 4x100 team. debose, thompson, rainey, demps. if you go back a couple years you could throw harvin and b james in there too.

Block O

URBAN OHIO ERA BEGINS
Alabama is going to be a beast next season. I think they roll penn state by 3 touchdowns.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Please don't make a run like last year. Winning is fun, but I actually enjoyed 2007 when we lost 4 games because we had FUN, we saw offense (Tebow), and good defense.
QUOTE]

Good defense? You have to be kidding. Our D was young and pretty dissapointing that year.

Escambia94

Good defense? You have to be kidding. Our D was young and pretty dissapointing that year.

It was better than our offense. Sure, it's fun watching Tebow running up the middle and throwing to Harvin, but that was the entire offense. At least on defense I got to watch all 11 players, not just two. Besides, young and disappointing (2007) is not as bad as old and disappointing (2009). Don't get me wrong--I'm not picking on 2009 just because of the loss at Alabama and the close calls all season--I am picking on 2009 because I know we could have played better all year. In 2007 we could not really have done much better given the talent drain from 2006. Unlike a lot of other Gator fans, I expect 2010 to look like 2007 because of the talent drain. It happens during reloading years. Maybe Brantley will surprise us on offense, but who will do the same for us on defense?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema