• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators Lose to LSU 29-33

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
What can I say about the loss Saturday night to the LSU Tigers in the Swamp. How about: At least it wasn't a beat down like Alabama gave us. Florida looked like it was going to win the game until the very end when a controversial fake field goal gave the Tigers hope and ultimately kept them alive to drive down the field and score the winning touchdown. The Florida defense has to play better. With the loss, Florida falls to No. 22 in the AP Poll with a 4-2 record.

After watching this game it is quite apparent to me how much the Gators miss Jeff Demps, Chris Rainey and dare I say Cam Newton? I'm sorry ... but it kills me to check the Auburn box score every week and see Cam Newton just killing it and then compare it to Brantley who is sucking like a DII QB. But right now, of those 3 Demps is the only one on the team. It's hard to win with your best playmaker banged up.

On a bright note though, Andre Debose had a great game returning the ball. I would love to see him get more involved in the passing game, but you know Brantley wouldn't be able to find him - or he'd just over throw him .

The Gators struggled on both offense and defense. They rushed the ball 32 times for 89 yards (though some of that is from Brantley getting sacked) and passed the for only 154 yards. You won't beat a No. 12 ranked team with under 250 yards of offense unless you create a lot of turnovers - which the defense failed to do. Jenkins did have one interception, but it wasn't enough to put the Gators on top.

Back to the controversial fake field goal at the end of the game. I thought it was a forward pass by like 2 inches. I kept wishing the TV announcers would draw a line on the screen so we could tell where it was, but they never did that. "I thought I saw a forward pass," Meyer said. "I kept screaming upstairs, 'What was it?' ... If it was a forward pass, it'd be incomplete." I haven't really looked at it again, but since the SEC didn't come out and apologize I'm assuming they got the call right.

If you missed the game, here is a video recap:

<iframe width="525" height="295" frameborder="0" src="http://www.gatorvision.tv/newMediaPlayer/sl/embed.htm?catid=10807&id=727332&type=vod&oemid=6500"></iframe>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema