• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators in the 2008 Olympics

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
So far, the following US athletes have Gator connections:

Ryan Lochte (swimming)
Dara Torres (swimming)
Abby Wambach (womens' soccer)
Heather Mitts (women's soccer)

Nick Calathes will be playing basketball for the Greek team in Beijing.

If we hear of any other Gators in the Olympics, let's list them here and keep track of them throughout the Games!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
According to gatorzone.com these Gators have also qualified for Beijing and will represent the U.S.:

Kristin Heaston (track & field)
Caroline Burckle (swimming)
Hazel Clark (track & field)
Kerron Clement – (track & field)
Calvin Smith (track & Field)

Gators from foreign countries will also be there:

Mariam Kevkhishvili – Georgia (track)
Tiandra Ponteen – St. Kitts (track)
Novlene Williams-Mills – Jamaica (track)

UF swim coaches Gregg Troy (USA) and Anthony Nesty (Suriname) will coach their respective countries' teams as well.

Dave82689

Gator Fan
another olympic gator

another gator going to olympics former gator DeLisha Milton-Jones going to olympics for women's basketball

dave

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Heard last week that Abby Wambach broke her leg and required surgery; she'll miss the Olympics and her loss will have an impact on our women's soccer team.

Dave82689

Gator Fan
tones

:bananapartyhat: i think tones will do real good in the olympic but yeah i didnt know she was going either

Gatormonkey

Gator Fan
w00t!

So proud to be a Gator. Seriously, does any other school have as many competing athletes in the Olympics???

W00t!

Hey, cali_gator. I'm hoping to become one very soon!!! Sadly (sorta) it'll be during football season IF i get to make the move so I'm hopin to bump into enough that I have people to watch the games with! (i'm going SoCal).

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
So far Ryan Lochte has a bronze medal and Dara Torres a silver, so our GatorOlympians are off to a good start.

Let's bring in some more and GO GATORS!!!!!!

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
So proud to be a Gator. Seriously, does any other school have as many competing athletes in the Olympics???

W00t!

Hey, cali_gator. I'm hoping to become one very soon!!! Sadly (sorta) it'll be during football season IF i get to make the move so I'm hopin to bump into enough that I have people to watch the games with! (i'm going SoCal).

well im sorry to say that i havent met many gators here :(

and it turns out Calathes is on the junior national team for Greece, U21 or sumthing like that

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Ryan Lochte picked up a gold as part of the men's 800 freestyle relay, and he's set to go up against Michael Phelps for another medal. That makes 2 medals so far for Lochte.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Caroline Burckle pucked up a bronze as a member of the women's 4x200 meter freestyle relay; our former Gators are doing well in Beijing so far!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I'm really happy for Dara Torres; in spite of the fact that they were all silver she medalled in every one of her events. If a 41-year old woman can keep up with athletes half her age, more power to her!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Our swimmers did a great job in Beijing; I hope we can pick up a few more medals in track as well - we have former Gator Kerron Clement going for gold.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema