• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators coach Will Muschamp has been fired

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Also South Carolina was also a special teams failure for Hutzler. Coach high school dude. Also Summers should go because I'm tired of the Gators blocking each other.
We actually seemed to be getting "better" at it, too--like we were practicing blocking-out-your-own-guy. And this wasn't the only thing like that. Have you EVER seen the kind of sequence-of-multiple-misses in blocking for kicks like we saw our "special" teams manage on consecutive series to give USC(east) their only chance to tie what was otherwise for them an already-lost game at the very end??? Let's see...our linemen can somehow find and take out their teammates week after week all over the field, then turn around and MISS COMPLETELY (either lay down opposite the man who they HAVE to block as their job on a kick of ANY kind, or arbitrarily ignore that man entirely and double-team the next one over instead), leaving the fastest opposing rusher a straight and free path to block the kick. I know it isn't on-purpose, but you really have to wonder at the level of coaching incompetence that produces even the possibility of such things happening, more than ONE let alone all of them, weekly, and finally a string of 'em at the end of one game when that game is on-the-line. I don't ask you to watch them all again...I hate even thinking about it here. But it still boggles the mind, when I do.
OK. Guess we best put it away, not look at it again until it's a memory we can face to measure how far we've come, how far we had to go to get to that future day when we'll be vying for Championships, a perennial power once more.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Flashback to an ESPN article from 2010:

"Twelve times since the 2002 season, BCS conference teams have given the reins to coaches whose primary qualification was a recent, successful run as a college defensive coordinator. Five of those coaches were fired within five years, one left for a better job and six are still on the job, having either treaded water, improved their programs incrementally, or proved to be excellent hires. The three biggest names right now are probably Bret Bielema, head coach of the Wisconsin Badgers; Bo Pelini, head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers; and Gene Chizik, head coach of the BCS Championship Game-bound Auburn Tigers."

Four years later, Bielema is now coaching Arkansas after leading Wisconsin to a pair of division titles, Pelini has been fired today after a 71% winning record, and Chizik is unemployed.

Reference: Will Muschamp Needs to Be Bo Pelini II

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema