• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators (and SEC) in the Grey Cup

FrozenGator

Gator Fan
I was late this year in posting this. Mostly, I was late because my beloved Blue Bombers sucked so hard I'm surprised they didn't alter the gravitational pull of our sun, and so I really just couldn't bear the topic.

But! As I do every year, here's a rundown of SEC (or others, I guess) players that are playing in the CFL's Grey Cup, this coming Sunday.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders are hosting the Cup this year, and they're favourites to win. Me, I hate them so much that I would rather no one win than they do. I'm hoping they lose by a fantastic amount, as I believe the schadenfreude would be exquisite, and their tears better than the sweetest wine. I also hate the majority of their fans, who are typically the most insufferable group of people when the Riders are winning you'll ever have the misfortune to meet.
SEC players/coaches:
Coleman, Antonio DE - Auburn
Durant, Darian QB - North Carolina
Shologan, Keith DT - Central Florida
Thomas, Carlos OL - South Carolina
Miller, Prince DB - Georgia
Howard, Todd DL Coach - Texas A&M

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats were not thought to have what was needed to make it this year. They were abysmal last year, and it was expected they'd get eliminated in the early going, if they even made it. They suffered a huge number of injuries in the early going, and wound up using more players than any other team in CFL history (something like 80, on a 46 man roster). But, they shocked the league by absolutely owning the Grey Cup Champions from last year, and shutting down the Eastern Most Outstanding Player candidate. I don't really like them, but as I said above, I would rather anyone win over the Riders. I also really like the head coach.
SEC players/coaches:
Webb, Dee DB - Florida
Masoli, Jeremiah QB - Mississippi
Isaac, Brandon LB - South Carolina
Norwood, Eric DL - South Carolina
Figueroa, Joel OL - Miami
Dile, Marc OL - South Florida
Ellingson, Greg WR - Florida International
McGee, Stephen QB - Texas A&M
Lamar, Lindsay RB/KR - South Florida
Marshall, Craig DL - South Florida
Austin, Kent Head Coach - Ole Miss

So, let's all join together in hoping the stupid Riders get absolutely embarrassed at home. Ideally, something like this happens:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@FrozenGator,
Nice (and PROPER) use of the word "schadenfreude", one of those great German words/expressions that doesn't really have an equivalent in English, certainly not a single-word one...Sort of a "nothin' "-Grey Cup this year was already my impression, not being a fan of either team myself--though as a Floridian, I guess I can get behind the evident University of South Fla. "Bulls"-connection feeding into the Ti-Cats' roster, right? Then again, I feel your pain all around, FG--and recall my father's cynical-football-fan's take in such situations: "Hope they BOTH lose..."
I WILL watch, long as the RR's aren't blowin' 'em out, tho': I've become very cynical about the NFL, find "parity" uninteresting, a gambling proposition mainly (intentionally, I suspect)--and nearly unwatchable as well, most of the time...This wknd, for eg., only the Cowboys-at-Giants game holds any interest for me--and THAT mainly 'cause I really love seeing "The New York Football Giants" (said in ominous, Howard Cossell-style self-importance) beat the Dallas team, whom I despise in much the same way you do the Rough Riders (and likely for similar reasons), and which has a real chance to happen here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema