• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Gameday: Vols at Gators, in the Swamp 09/21/13

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We absolutely suck so bad on offense, I can't even say enough about it anymore.
And we get the shoul-have-been-a-TD from the D--and he gets knocked down on the way to the endzone BY HIS OWN PLAYER--Easley! Now we end up with another 3 instaed...HATE IT! Even the BREAKS show how bad we stink on offense...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice fake there...but we're still MAYBE barely in FG raqnge--almost time for Muschamp/Pease to cave in and run dive-after-dive...Maybe we can put one IN? That's a Boise-St run play there...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Geez, whatta ya know. Offense scores a TD. On a "drive". Almost forgot what one LOOKED like...

awebbf5

VIP Member
Well Murphy produces more than driskel, not saying Murphy is great but he's more productive. We might need to run option rest of the year

awebbf5

VIP Member
te="DRU2012, post: 71273, member: 2084"]Geez, whatta ya know. Offense scores a TD. On a "drive". Almost forgot what one LOOKED like...[/quote]
Isnt that the truth

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hoped they'd use up the rest of the clock--but then again, just means our D is in charge...The Announcers are talking about how "Tennessee deferred, will get the ball to start the 2nd half" like that's n advantage for them--but hey: With THIS Florida team, they couldn't BE more wrong. Let's trust our D to set the OFFENSE up, right?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Anyone else sitting there thinking, "Yeah, THROW it, Butch...GREAT idea..."?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I'm adjourning to the bar--But YIKES! whatta mess that offense is, just an altogether sad display--and going by last week's performance plus this week's one pass, can only believe JD would have been no improvement--possibly (VERY possibly) much worse. Murphy seems at the least a calming influence back there--though we're gonna need a whole lot more than THAT in the weeks ahead. I'm saying it again: Start getting one of those young arms ready to take over as the year continues.
Now: Our D WILL win this game. They'll be tired, but they are more than THIS Vol team can handle, even exhausted. Can't expect that to work as a gameplan versus the "BIG BOYS" of the SEC, tho', let's be realistic. With an offense, with a decent QB and a few receivers to complement our RBs, this might have been a Championship year; Without, we'll be lucky to win 8. And THAT is probably pretty optimistic...and, given our recruiting and talent-on-hand, WHOLLY UNACCEPTABLE.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Well I can tell you this being from Kentucky and currently living in Lexington, their team isn't as bad as usual , we will have to show up to play next week.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--I'm all set up here: Beer, food, and ANOTHER GATOR DRIVE...
Wouldn't it be great if (and I hate sentences that start that way too) it turned out to be one of those "And then Driskel was hurt, opening the way for Tyler Murphy's amazing, out-of-nowhere rise to stardom..."?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well I can tell you this being from Kentucky and currently living in Lexington, their team isn't as bad as usual , we will have to show up to play next week.
an offense this bad could lose to anyone...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK: It's pretty close to a done deal, I figure: By the end of the 3rd qrtr in the Tennessee game, the question wasn't "When's Driskel coming back?", but rather, "Does he displace Murphy as the starter?"...Y'all must know where I stand on this--Hell, MY question is more like, "Do we get a close look at one of the younger guys, too?"--MORNIGWEG might be the solid 2nd string, and ready for more, by the time JD is avail. again.
Of course, probably MORE important Q has to do with injuries, who ELSE we've lost and how badly, when do we get 'em back, etc. We're down a couple of good ones now both on the O-line AND the defensive secondary--and in the case of Purifoy, obviously, that';s WAY understatement. He looks really miserable--gotta hope it's just something "deep muscle", not a bone-bruise, or worse...
Meanwhile, Murphy runs it in on the planned QB-draw. Game-ball for this kid. Helluva job.
(Obvious, useless observation # 7,133: "If this had happened on the first pass LAST week, we WIN that game...")

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, attrition is getting to us now...TOO many losses in that secondary, even for us...Those are all untried freshmen who haven't practiced at the positions they're playing now, let alone developed any communication with each other and the rest of the 1st string D...and it'll carry over at LEAST for a week or two more, so now we'll be having some issues even on DEFENSE...Oh, this doesn't shape up well for us. Let's see if this offense can at least exert itself, run some clock.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
5 starters left on defense. Think we don't NEED a drive here? But no, too much to ask. NOW we have to try and stop them with half-a-D...We're good, but not THAT good. This is tighter than it should have been. Damn.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guys, I'm seein' a potential collapse here...This could turn really NASTY-depressing in a hurry, unless these untried youngsters can somehow pull it together. We will HAVE to get to the QB, obviously...Give him time, and they'll move right down the field again, like last time...Scary.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
YES!!! THAT'S HOW YA DO IT! Man, what can you SAY about this D??? Even cut to less-than-half, they get the job done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema