• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Gameday (09/06/14): Here We Go Again (AGAIN?!!!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You know, I WANNA see some "signs of life", character from this E. Mich. team. We need a big win, sure, but we ALSO need to be tested a bit, know we beat a team that came to play. Even more important, shouldn't all come TOO easy now: There's a certain "chip-on-the-shoulder" to this Gator squad I'd like to see them carry thru' the season, certainly into Tuscaloosa--and it'll help the coaches if there's a certain amount for them to "get on" this young team about. "A pretty good season" is NOT all we're aiming at here, no matter what the analysts say.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Would have like to seen Mack get in but another TD BABY!!! Is it just me or are our snaps looking high? What is Tabor's number?
You'll get your wish w/Mack, bra' (Fumble...Gator ball!). And yeah, they've already "goit work to do" with the new center. Lotta time in the shotgun, like, MOST of the time, and this has GOT to be addressed--or at least "smoothed out". Repetitions. Again, "under game conditions" is major for stuff like this. Another disadvantage in losing that game. (JD forced that one in. NOT the preferred choice, gotta check down...and he does so on the very next play for 10).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We got ATHLETES out there on offense, and they're showing it now, don't ya think?
Aw shit, McGee down. OWWWW! Defender rolls up on him. We finally get a "go to" TE, by all accounts a FORCE on practice field in weeks leading up to season--and now we lose him to a knee first time out? Whwen does this shit end for us? We had MORE than our share, more than 2 or 3 SEASONS worth, last year...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No, not a knee, apparently--ankle brace on as they take him off in a cart...they do that when they're 'fraid its broke. Aw nuts--he's a big part of the Roper-plan, and JDs planned "out" when he's NOT the "middle-of-field" 1st-down guy (Driskel OVER-throws an open WR again--Damn, that's too much a trademark for this QB!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...so we wait and see, but if we lose McGee for any length of time, that messes with The Plan on offense, believe me. Brace means either a brake, ligaments (worst case, time-wise), or at the very least the dreaded "high ankle sprain"--this last not as serious, but can take a long time to "get right". Don't expect to see him again til October, earliest--and that's prob best-case scenario. Damn.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ever notice how in college football, certainly with the Gators, when things "turn" they turn bad in BUNCHES? McGee goes down, our drive stalls like the first one, settle for 3 then start committing penalties, missing assignments and letting them move the ball--Thankfully, we're just too much better than them, our D just too powerful.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I'm mostly worrying about McGees injury now, waiting to hear what the verdict is on that. Lemme know if you hear anything on the home-broadcast (I had to stay with the SEC-Network commentary in order to keep control over my GE-access).
Now, here's a NICE throw by Driskel on the long ball, well positioned where only the WR gets it, on the run--but it's Debose (which way is it spelled? I forget...think its that way)...then he misses a 2nd one thrown his way. Like I say, making him your primary receiver is the quickest way to a punting situation, in my view.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
D's getting to the QB so far this time--and against a mobile QB, too. That was mostly missing last season, all too often "close, BUT...". Bodes well this time.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Still would like to see JD connect long with a WR. Jury's still out on him, sorry. McGee being out will really make that crucial. now. Now, we DO have Clay Burton, so we aren't "lost" here. ANOTHER long ball where the interference is all that stops a TD. Actually, Pitman was the one REALLY WIDE open on that one.
Don't look now, but in addition to McGee, we have now lost TWO O-lineman, including Humphries. to injuries so far here--none of 'em have returned, either. This could be a real costly "warm-up" if even ONE is lost for long, let alone all three. Again, y'all getting any further word on these young men? These announcers have neither the familiarity nor the access to follow it all that closely, I guess.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Anyone else seeing how ANOTHER FG after getting inside the 20 is a bad sign of "same ol' crap", "redzone inefficiency" like last year? That, and the injuries along the line, have me less-than-happy with the otherwise seemingly "game in the bag" on-the-surface after a half.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Listened/listening in on my phone (only way I can do it without it slowing down/hanging up everything over here!), --AW HELL: Looks like Dunbar HAD that one! No, maybe hurt himself, his sgoulder, and lost control right at the end..Looks like he was DOWN first, but he did lose it, so they'll confirm it "as called", but it was otherwise a nice play, NICELY thrown by Driskel...Hope Dunbar's OK, he is our best WR right now. Anyway, speaking of injuries, from what I gather both McGee and Humphries injuries are "serious", with the way they are stone-walling on McGee he could be gone for good now...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, this could be costly all around if Dunbar's hurt. Now Debose is the WR that comes in to run the longer speed- routes. He's got speed, moves--and just flat out drops them when they count.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Burton looks so much better this year
Yeah--and that's really good news, all the more important if McGee's lost. (THANKYOU! A TD inside the redzone. Jones is a weapon, no doubt.) We GOT McGee 'cause Burton was just NOT consistent enough at that position last season--and it's an important part of Roper's overall scheme. Well, he'll be getting another chance now, no matter what. He came in with a LOT of hype and promise, especially after his brother's success here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Think Driskel's done for day? Wish he'd actually HIT one of those long balls, but not all HIS fault...and generally efficient in all other respects. We WILL have to start hitting some of those, when the opportunities present themselves, to beat some of our toughest opponents, especially on-the-road in the SEC. Not just on the scoreboard, either: Surest way to "take the crowd out of it", silence a stadium.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Think Driskel's done for day? Wish he'd actually HIT one of those long balls, but not all HIS fault...and generally efficient in all other respects. We WILL have to start hitting some of those, when the opportunities present themselves, to beat some of our toughest opponents, especially on-the-road in the SEC. Not just on the scoreboard, either: Surest way to "take the crowd out of it", silence a stadium.
Him and Robinson looked like a good Tandem.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
There's your Mack Brown play, Aweb! Almost took it in, too, like you "requested". 47 yards. Meanwhile, Jones is icing his quad over there. That's ANOTHER one. It'll be interesting to find out how bad we were hit here afterwards. (We end up turning it over on downs, AGAIN inside the redzone? We still have issues there, I'm tellin' ya.) Jones is not just a strong runner, he's a versatile receiver out ogf the backfield, too--another part of the Roper-offense. I mean it, this could be a costly opener, it these guys are all out any length of time.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Him and Robinson looked like a good Tandem.
We still need to further develop that long ball play.
There goes Debose on the punt return again, ALMOST a TD after running ALL OVER THE PLACE like a mad fool. Man, if he could do that on plays from scrimmage, hold the ball and break free on long passes, he's be everything he was hyped as coming in. But we get a sideline-interference 15-yarder? You know what? That almost makes it EASIER for this offense. I WAS about to say we'd get a chance to work the redzone again--but if they really want a TD, they'd throw it in from here...Like to see them use their running game to drive it right in, tho'. This is where Jones is that "added extra", versatile run/pass threat down close...But we DO have Taylor--AND Brown, etc etc etc

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Think we've covered the spread by now...Time to bring in Harris. And Mornigweg. Still better part of a half left. Maybe NOT Grier--still may put the redshirt on him after all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema