• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: Kentucky at The Swamp 09/13/14

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
D's getting it done, though. Again, they HAVE to. NO 3rd down conversions--and they (and maybe special teams) will have to produce some points to win comfortably, maybe to win at ALL. Yeah, KY's better this season, clearly, but they're not stopping us, we're stopping ourselves...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F*CK!!! JD had a wide open WR long--and Driskel overthrows him, leads him out of bounds, AGAIN!
They have GOT to hit on at least ONE of these, or KY can just IGNORE the long ball. I would if I were them: Driskel looks like he couldn't hit him long in practice, with NO defenders!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He also definitely panics when really pressed...AGAIN, for 2nd time he freezes, then gets "happy feet" , looks around wildly as the pocket collapses--and dinmks an ill-advised little "can't-make-up-my-ming pass. Almost gets another TERRIBLE, fatal INT--woulda been a pick 6 this time. We are just plain limited at QB. He'll have his "pretty good games, against weaker competition, but when it really counts--like now: Yep, 4th down, another drive stalled once JD frittered away a coupla downs in the middle of what WAS a another decent, now-stalled drive...This is another of those aggravatingly FRUSTRATING performance by our offense. And we all see it, can't get away from it: The problem is at QUARTERBACK.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just snapped at my girlfriend. For offering me a DRINK (some good whiskey she slipped out and brought back for me). This is bad, but that won't do. Gonna bow out for a while, at least--especially as I'm prob d0ing this for NO ONE (lol).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just snapped at my girlfriend. For offering me a DRINK (some good whiskey she slipped out and brought back for me). This is bad, but that won't do. Gonna bow out for a while, at least--especially as I'm prob ding this for NO ONE (lol).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
BTW, our D's finally beginning to wilt here at the end of the half. That's what will happen when the offense doesn't hold up its end of things...Now Fowler's down, and that we can't afford at ALL. Here comes the tie to end the half. Yupp.
I now re-assess my former "fair-optimism" regarding the season ahead (based as it was partly on reports of JD's "efficiency and poise" in Roper's offense--in PRACTICE during the summer. But he "can't hit the side of a barn" in-game, SO...):
UF will NOT win the East, won't be in it by The Party, and will be FORTUNATE to go 7-and-4 overall. Might not make that. Sigh...That'll mean a change up top, too--and in turn a few YEARS before we're fully back, no matter what. We don't "snap out of it", JD especially, show this to be some kind of weird "tightness"-produced anomaly that I DON'T really believe it is now, that "7-and-4" is based on us BEATING this KY-team, pulling this out eventually in the 2nd half by a TD or so. We are STILL "missing a piece" at the most important position of all. Time to say what I have kept hoping WASN'T the case. We've made excuses for him long enough: Jeff Driskel not, NEVER WILL BE, "the guy". And unless I';m wrong about that, and everything else I now predict turns out to be premature as well, the same will be said, with some validity, about Will Muschamp. And true or not, I thing Foley will HAVE to make a change come the end of that 7-and-4 or worse record for 2014. Anything short of a DRAMATIC turnaround here, and I'll have little more to say unless/until late in this game.

awebbf5

VIP Member
This hurts my first trip and looking like the streak is going to be ended. Idk what to say even worse if we lose this one work will be miserable this week in Lexington. I'm starting to wonder if muschamp is the man for the job guys this is bad. #40s mom is sitting in front of me he is a linebacker didn't catch the name though. Guys I hope this gets better

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(ARGH!!! We get an INT, drive e the field, 1st and goal at the 3--and we STILL end up with a field goal This is LAST season all OVER again!)
Hey Aweb! Been thinkin' bout you--sorry you came for THIS: Anyone who reads my "monologue"/commentary after-the-fact will know how this game has gone in the FIRST half--and we continue to keep them in it on offense. I'm just afraid we'll get beat at the end by a TD. JD just doesn't have it--and I am now swayed that he will NEVER have it when it counts. Play calling looked like "classic Muschamp" down there too.
PLEASE GATORS, rub MY face in it!

awebbf5

VIP Member
Touchdown place just went nuts. We need to get a turnover and try to put this away ky won't lay down

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
185yds passing, 160yds off D. Robinson. Without him Driskle would be even more horrific, running game still not showing up.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uh, maybe y'all misunderstood, Gators? I meant play BETTER, not f u entirely. Our D starts breaking down we are SUNK, obviously. 14-point swing there, when you figure the dropped INT-for-pick-6 Fowler missed right before. Their QB better than ours, too. And we look JUST like last year's: score tds on offense. So we get good field pos for the start of the next drive: One more 3 pointer to get us within 1? That's the game we're playing. Down to the 10 on a fluke weird-one--another bad JD pass works out on the 3-bounce combo-shot. And here's a TOUCHDOWN pass for the Florida Gators. Cast it in bronze for posterity: No one may believe it otherwise. Yeah, I'm bitter. In truth, I am ready to say F*CK it and get Treon Harris in there NOW, start getting ready for the NEXT Gator incarnation. I wish it weren't so, but this may well be "the REAL Florida Gators" under Will Muschamp, end of story. "Improved", sure. "MUCH improved", but these Kentucky Wildcats are NOT anything but MID-range SEC at best; We bumble away our mojo like this, get into a "shoot-out" with 'em in the 2nd half after dominating them to little advantage in the first, well, we have got MAJOR problems. Now Fowler's out. I am getting to the "can't watch" stage--against KENTUCKY. And we let them complete another long TD-pass on a secondary breakdown. Now our D is getting tired, breaking down. We are skirting complete disaster, once our D loses its confidence, just as their pretty damn good offense gathers theirs. We are in a dog fight at home, screwed ourselves screwing around in the 1st half--and EXACTLY why that Muschamp "drive-the-field and let our D protect a lead" philosophy is gonna kill us here, again.
We lose this, I am ON the "Lose Muschamp" bandwagon. I'm pessimistic regarding this team, this season (and hence, the Head Coach's future here) already, no matter what.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm officially off the JD bandwagon, bench him or let him make plays with his feet
They haven't even let him do THAT--but then again, he is hesitant in EVERYTHING he's doing a good part of the time. Btw, we're back down in the red zone--exactly where I am uncomfortable with every time we get there . If we can't just drive it in, we are better going for it from outside the 20. Long as JD doesn't overthrow it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Finally. Now. Can a tired defense get back to what it does best, in the heat? Our offense has managed more than I was afraid they might managed after that last KY TD...Hate to say it, but unless our D can now re-assert and take control, we will lose this. To Kentucky. At home.
(It hurts just to say it.)

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
we need to find more targets, they are going to bite up on d. robinson and pick 6 one. driskle has his confidence back, now spread the love

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
the worst part is I'm at work watching it on gamecast play by play. I get off in 20 minutes and have another 20 minute drive on i95 with no signal thanks to tmobile. going to be worried the entire ride if it's still close

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
End of 3rd qrtr, main observation: JD is just not ABLE to hit the long ball--and without it, we are just a "pretty good team with a great D", at BEST. You just can't win consistently in the SEC (if anywhere) when the other team's D can virtually ignore deep ball threats, as KY is now doing. I don't blame them: This is so obvious that it is just embarrassing. Meanwhile, I don't know if it's 'cause they are tiring from carrying this team, but OUR defense is more and more vulnerable to letting someone get free deep--and neither THEIR QB nor receivers are having ANY difficulty hooking up when that happens. And their QB is looking like the better one by far here, I don't care WHAT these announcers see or say.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
we need to find more targets, they are going to bite up on d. robinson and pick 6 one. driskle has his confidence back, now spread the love

INT!!! Big one! Deep in our end. There's the answer to MY Q: Our D is still in there, workin', WINNIN'! It's up to them and our running game now.
As for your fears, ng, oh yeah, been there...Hopefully, this builds towards virtually NO coverage deep by KY defense--and then we'll see: Can JD "pretend its practice" and (FINALLY) hit the long one?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema