• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 5: #20 Florida Gators vs Kentucky Wildcats

This team is still coming together, as long as we keep executing properly and keep gelling over the the next few games, we will be a formidable team in the SEC east.

Tyler Murphy has so much poise that I have to pinch myself.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Still, "Mr. Half-Empty" reminds you all, we can at this point count 7 points of Gator-lead left on the field": 4 extra on that FG fake that there should have been a safety/spy out on the wide side for, and the minimum missed-FG after the negated 1st down/penalty--and that MIGHT well have been ANOTHER 4 for "the good guys"...

The Fake FG was a good play call, you just do not expect that on the first scoring drive. This team is doing fine. I just want Tyler to stay poised, and the defense to stay consistent.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This team is still coming together, as long as we keep executing properly and keep gelling over the the next few games, we will be a formidable team in the SEC east.

Tyler Murphy has so much poise that I have to pinch myself.
Dale, it's "better than a pointed stick in the eye", but it also is KENTUCKY. Now, Tyler IS exceedinbg all expectations--and gaining confidence with every series....We have a chance RIGHT NOW to turn this into a laffer--and high time we had one--but the most interesting part will be watching Tyler Murphy(hopefully) coming into his own...In THAT way, KY may ne the PERFECT opponent at this stage of his development.
(Btw, these TV announcers have just gotten ahold of the "surprising point no one is making, that Tyler Murphy may be am IMPROVEMENT for this offense..." Well, DUHH!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look, I want SO BADLY to witness one of those "legendary college sports stories", where the no name kid comes in to sub for the injured big-time recruit and "BLOSSOMS INTO THE KEY MAN THAT LEADS THEM ALL TO GREATNESS", but let's take it one step at a time.
Tell you this: between that nice touch pass on the last TD, and the smoothly rangy-but-elusive running style, I'm more and more impressed with him.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can someone tell me why this kid hasn't been our QB for the last 2 years?????
Exactly what I was thinking? Was he stinkin' up practice? Or (more likely) did the coaches "not see the forrest for the trees", ie. He was just "Not the big recruit, just the scout-team guy..." etc.
(Our D is having real trouble with this running game unless/until they get 'em into 2nd-, then 3rd-and-longs...C'mon GUYS! Let's get to the break with the 2 TD lead--or at least 10 points, anyway. No matter what, you see my point about those points we've already left "out there"? Well, the Ky team and coaches just gave back 3 of 'em...and when ya think about it, we only really "bent" once and DIDN'T break, held 'em to a 3-pt attempt-that-should-have-been, and COULD have ended with them getting NOTHING if the coaches had been alert, done their job. Other than that, we just played our best , most complete half so far this still young season.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Fake FG was a good play call, you just do not expect that on the first scoring drive. This team is doing fine. I just want Tyler to stay poised, and the defense to stay consistent.
Have to give 'em that...and if we're gonna point fingers, it's right over to the sidelines and the ST coaches--of whom Muschamp is the de facto ACTIVE leader and overseer...Again: position and execute properly there, and we don't make those back-to-back penalty/sack on offense down in the redn on our second , and we may well be looking at near perfection and a 28-0 lead. I'm confident we pull away in the 2nd half...We'll be discussing "the future"by the 4th quarter, for a change )
(...and now that little-but-powerful "voice-of-fearful-superstition" is whispering, NOW you've done it, NOW you'll have to sweat it out after watching your Gators pull the kind of act they have heretofore mainly gotten out of the way in the FIRST half, dropped, thrown and penalized their way back into a tie...That's what this Gator team's antics have dine to me--I'm tellin' ya, the Cocktail Party LAST spring, then it's reprise-only-worse "return engagement" against Miami a few weeks back, along with making games that should have been easy "interesting", has made me completely twitchy about practically ANY opponent and/or lead...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn! GOTTA stop letting 'em eat up those big chumks of running yardage--But they stiffen and GET IT DONE! THAT'S the D I wanna see, have come to expect. OK: Let'sd drive it down their throats. Did ya hear that? Murphy's hit his first 11 passes here...and the last guy who did that, a kid named Tebow...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
THIS reminds me of "rope-a-dope"--just lean on 'em, wear 'em down.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I've been watching the game, but just got to a computer.

Why the f*** are we doing these stupid ass play calling? It seems like the options, screens, short passes to the flats, are doing NOTHING. Yet when Murphy has to throw vertically up the field, he does it VERY WELL.

Brent Pease needs to go, our play calling will be the our worse enemy. Murphy is a good QB and can throw under pressure, on the run, makes his checks, and uses his legs when needed. All while being smart and not taking hits or running to the sideline. WTF is our playcalling so shit?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and as the game goes on, Brown's the more-and more successful SECOND.

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
with Brent Pease playcalling, we need to play every play like it's 3rd down. Murphy can air it out, and well at that, why are we throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage and/or running option plays that put our QB in the direct path of contact? makes no sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema