• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites, Week 14: Florida Gators vs #2 Florida State Seminoles

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Does anybody here watch Vampire Diaries? At least she had a good time today.
466828_800wc.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Leakfan12, @awebbf5, and @Escambia94,
DAMN, I've been missing all the REAL fun--here AND in college football today/tonight (ESPECIALLY re pic of a couple of "Swamp-Gators"--just how my mind and body's predilections run, what can I say?)...been out makin' good my promised determination to do some "hunting of my own" once that torture session game was over (it's ongoing, actually, for those keepin' score in THAT one--yeah, like anyone but me CARES how that's goin'--and I will be "puttin' food on the table", so to speak, t'nite, tho', long as I don't mess up and let that FOX eyeing me across the bar too obviously distract me, if all you married guys remember that little "hook-up faux pas" ). Just SO sorry we couldn't have "ruined" the 'Noles season (like they can remember even ONE season back and how THAT feels) like some others have done today. Just think, if our D hadn't played like it did early in the season for a "quarter and a 1/4", we might really have been SLAUGHTERED (an attempt at irony--not my best, I'll grant y'all). Ah well, humor's therapeutic, and that's STILL about the best I can do so far--and it's taken a LOT of alcohol to get HERE: 'Ts what they call "school spirit", I guess. Yeah, I know: that alleged "sense of humor" isn't gettin' any better...
Anyhoo, this is TOUGH on my phone, with my thumbs ("that's what SHE said..."--? No, not gettin' any better at ALL...).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I hope Nina Dobrev is still a fan after this game. Also hope for a better 2014, a much better 2014.
Well, if that friggin' Tiger-team (albeit also a LUCKY Tiger team, who had for eg. dodged seemingly certain NCAA sanctions for several years before now) can go from a "deserved-worse-than-THAT" 3-and-11 season last year to at this point a No.3 ranking and knocking at the BCS "Plus 1"-door in this one, WE can at least TELL ourselves that with a seemingly-on-our-way to another fine recruiting class and so many injured good ones coming back, we can improve as much or MORE in one year ourSELVES, right? RIGHT?!! ('Course, you'd also think THAT would require at least SOME offense, a plan to DO something with all the supposed "playmakers" we're SURE to be adding THIS off-season, in contrast to the lack-of-same we are missing now--HAVE "missed" the last several years while every other University in the State of Florida has seemed to load up on 'em: ...One more "Wtf-Q" to add to the growing list.)

Escambia94

Well, if that friggin' Tiger-team (albeit also a LUCKY Tiger team, who had for eg. dodged seemingly certain NCAA sanctions for several years before now) can go from a "deserved-worse-than-THAT" 3-and-11 season last year to at this point a No.3 ranking and knocking at the BCS "Plus 1"-door in this one, WE can at least TELL ourselves that with a seemingly-on-our-way to another fine recruiting class and so many injured good ones coming back, we can improve as much or MORE in one year ourSELVES, right? RIGHT?!! ('Course, you'd also think THAT would require at least SOME offense, a plan to DO something with all the supposed "playmakers" we're SURE to be adding THIS off-season, in contrast to the lack-of-same we are missing now--HAVE "missed" the last several years while every other University in the State of Florida has seemed to load up on 'em: ...One more "Wtf-Q" to add to the growing list.)

The Tigers went from 3-9 to 11-1. The Tigers went from 5-7 to 11-1. Anything is possible. Also keep in mind that the Mighty Gators had the best turnaround in NCAA history from 1979 to 1980 when they went from 0-10-1 to 8-4. Anything is possible.

If the Gators hire the right OC and OLC, plus some back-office staff, then I can foresee a decent turnaround next year.
  • Aug. 30: Idaho, (winnable)
  • Sept. 6: Eastern Michigan, (winnable)
  • Sept. 13: Kentucky, (winnable)
  • Sept. 20: at Alabama, (decent odds with a new QB)
  • Sept. 27: Bye week
  • Oct. 4: at Tennessee, (winnable, but look out for those young recruits)
  • Oct. 11: LSU, (not looking good with LSU reloading)
  • Oct. 18: Missouri, (not looking good with Mizzou's momentum)
  • Oct. 25: Bye week
  • Nov. 1: Georgia, TBA (winnable)
  • Nov. 8: at Vanderbilt, (winnable)
  • Nov. 15: South Carolina, (winnable)
  • Nov. 22: Eastern Kentucky, (winnable)
  • Nov. 29: at Florida State, (not looking good with their momentum and ability to get away with breaking the law, as well as continuing to get away with penalties on the field)
I see 8 good chances for victory, plus a maybe. I know 8 wins is not the Florida way, but with the right hire and a few less injuries I can see Florida beating a good FSU, Mizzou or LSU team.

roblou56

Gator Fan
Lot of next season's success will be based on the new OC and OLC hires and how many of the injured players are healthy enough to participate in spring ball. Those 15 days of reps will prove crucial for setting the battle grounds for fall camp and position battles and getting guys acclimated to the new system. We're going to be loaded at just about every position except CB. (based on what Roberson decides I know Purifoy decided to enter but I think he should come back based on questions about character ie the suspension, injuries that caused him to miss time, and not having first round quality tape, all that can be said about Roberson also)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lot of next season's success will be based on the new OC and OLC hires and how many of the injured players are healthy enough to participate in spring ball. Those 15 days of reps will prove crucial for setting the battle grounds for fall camp and position battles and getting guys acclimated to the new system. We're going to be loaded at just about every position except CB. (based on what Roberson decides I know Purifoy decided to enter but I think he should come back based on questions about character ie the suspension, injuries that caused him to miss time, and not having first round quality tape, all that can be said about Roberson also)

The Tigers went from 3-9 to 11-1. The Tigers went from 5-7 to 11-1. Anything is possible. Also keep in mind that the Mighty Gators had the best turnaround in NCAA history from 1979 to 1980 when they went from 0-10-1 to 8-4. Anything is possible.

If the Gators hire the right OC and OLC, plus some back-office staff, then I can foresee a decent turnaround next year.
  • Aug. 30: Idaho, (winnable)
  • Sept. 6: Eastern Michigan, (winnable)
  • Sept. 13: Kentucky, (winnable)
  • Sept. 20: at Alabama, (decent odds with a new QB)
  • Sept. 27: Bye week
  • Oct. 4: at Tennessee, (winnable, but look out for those young recruits)
  • Oct. 11: LSU, (not looking good with LSU reloading)
  • Oct. 18: Missouri, (not looking good with Mizzou's momentum)
  • Oct. 25: Bye week
  • Nov. 1: Georgia, TBA (winnable)
  • Nov. 8: at Vanderbilt, (winnable)
  • Nov. 15: South Carolina, (winnable)
  • Nov. 22: Eastern Kentucky, (winnable)
  • Nov. 29: at Florida State, (not looking good with their momentum and ability to get away with breaking the law, as well as continuing to get away with penalties on the field)
I see 8 good chances for victory, plus a maybe. I know 8 wins is not the Florida way, but with the right hire and a few less injuries I can see Florida beating a good FSU, Mizzou or LSU team.
@awebbf5, @miltongator, @Dale J. Rodriguez, @Leakfan12, @Escambia94, @FrozenGator, @roblou56, (I know I'm leaving out someone or ones--but y'all are the ones I KNOW have been here, suffering thru' it together, so...)
OK, the "shoe" DID drop earlier on Monday--not the "OTHER" shoe, of course, but the obvious one, the one that HAD to go ("the one on that swollen, ugly infrcted foot that couldn't be ignored", if you will--or Muschamp's "scapegoats", if you prefer the blunter, non-abstract version):
The (now-FORMER) OC and O-line coach are GONE--fired by Muschamp...and the story NOW is "Who will we get?!!" (although to some, especially outside the program, in the media, it's "Who would TAKE it?!!!"--with our money and the potential inherent here, even with all the drawbacks--the largest and most obvious of course being the real possibility that, if you don't come thru', Muschamp'll be gone, and so will YOU, in other words possibly a 1 -year job--on balance I think we'll have some strong alternatives. After all, do it well and even if things DON'T work out with Muschamp, YOU could be the next Gator HEAD Coach. Before letting this go for now (hopefully leaving it to YOU guys to bat around a bit!), I'm gonna throw out a couple of OTHER possibilities to consider for OC, along with the more high-profile names already circulating: If it isn't simply the elevation of Joker Phillips (and he should be considered, at least--for a LOTTA reasons), Rhett Lashley from Auburn might be JUST the right guy, if he'd consider a lateral move and the aforementioned "1-season-risk": He's as much or MORE the reason for Auburn's turnaround from last season, he'd get out from under Malzahn's very public shadow (Gus is a media-darling right now), and he'd get a WHOLE lot more money than he's getting now (few programs can compete with us cash-wisae, and Auburn's NOT among 'em). There: I've just barely scratched the surface of this fur-ball:
Let the discussions/arguments/excitement/spectacle begin!
In connection to that last point (well, somewhat--I don't think THIS guy wants the OC-job first), none other than Terry Bowden announced publicly that HE would "SERIOUSLY consider the Florida coaching job"...Though there are intriguing (and not altogether ones I'd dismiss out-of-hand, by any means) aspects to that move, the most interesting part to me is his timing and true intentions in announcing it now, and in the way that he did. Is he positioning himself for next year, for eg., or what? Regardless of his true aims, at the very least it says a lot about the "buzz" out there about what's going on here "behind the scenes"...What do y'all think he's HEARD that prompted this?
Meanwhile, recruiting continues to look even better since the loss to FSU. In fact, in a literal demonstraton of how little the actual outcome of the games and/or season can mean to a young athlete versus their impressions of where they'll get to play and excel soonest, on Monday we picked up highly sought WR Sousa, up 'til now a solid FSU-commit. We're going HARD after a number of bigtime playmakers on offense from inside AND outside Forida in the weeks ahead. Someone called me from CA to say thet "recruiting and NSA is your Bowl-game now..."--and I suppose that's pretty well the case. Don't get to practice, etc. for that "annual Bowl game" this year? Maybe just as well--we'd prob lose a few to injury in those weeks leading up to it, way THIS year has gone...

Escambia94

Joker Phillips has been recruiting California heavily since he got here. I think I just missed him at LAX one day. I definitely foresee some California kids going to Florida. Do not underestimate Florida's recruiting power even in a ****ty year like this one. We have to play to our strengths in national branding. FSU may have won the recruiting battle in the state for now, but we can leverage national branding until we regain the state.

Rumors are that we are expanding the OC and OLC search outside "old man SEC football" while still looking for LOS control and smashmouth style. On a good day, that describes USCw, ASU, Wyoming, and Auburn OCs and OLCs. There are rumors pointing at all those OCs and OLCs, plus others.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema