• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Bites - FLA vs Lousiana (HC)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Well, "the game of the week" is here. Ha ha. There is a 99% chance the Gators will win. The question is how the Gators will win. Here is what I want to see:
  • Healthy players. The Gators have been banged up quite a bit. Last week, we saw Gillislee, Brown, Burton, and Reed--anybody that knew how to handle a football--go down. We need to see these guys healthy, playing a bit at game speed, and then resting up for the next game.
  • Seniors going out with style. This is the last class that remembers the glory days of Saint Tebow and a 13-1 record. Let's give it up for the senior class of 2012 (there are more, but these are the ones that have started):
    • Mike Gillislee (SR)
    • Jon Bostic (SR)
    • Josh Evans (SR)
    • Xavier Nixon (SR)
    • Nick Alajajian (SR)
    • Caleb Sturgis (RSR)
    • Frankie Hammond, Jr (RSR)
    • Omarius Hines (RSR)
    • James Wilson (RSR)
    • Lerentee McCray (RSR)
    • Earl Okine (RSR)
    • Sam Robey (RSR)
    • Omar Hunter (RSR)
  • Have fun with the offense. Let's try a forward pass or two or three, maybe four. Heck, why not shoot for 100 yards to send off the seniors? Maybe give Jacoby Brissett a couple snaps and let him *gasp* throw the ball. Whichever team picks him up next year should get a look at whether or not he can throw a football. Even the punter has more forward passes than Jacoby Brissett!
  • Give Gillislee a shot at 100o yards this season. He has 797 now, and there is no guarantee that he will get yardage against FSU. Let's make sure he gets 100 in his next two games.
  • Did I mention offense? Look, Coach Muschamp. I understand that defense wins championships, but I just want to see the Gators mount enough offense for NaffGutts to make a sweet video.
  • A healthy kicker. We will need a healthy kicker for the FSU game. If that kicker is not Caleb Sturgis, then Brad Phillips or Kyle Christy need some practice.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Well it's the second to last game (Jacksonville State is the last of this season) but they do still need to win (it's Homecoming plus keep the BCS bowl chances alive). I think the backups will see some strong playing time (if the Gators can fire on all cylinders). I think Driskel and Brissett will pass the ball (it's Louisana-Lay not LSU). I think Muschamp would not hesitate to sit some of the unhealthy players (hey I rather they be healthy when they face off against my sister alma mater FSU). I won't be surprise if Gillislee will rush for 100 yards by halftime.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here is "My Rant" concerning the rest of our schedule:

"One more time..." God knows everyone out there has given their view, gone over this territory, pointed fingers, offered their suggestions, criticisms, conclusions and/or considered opinions--and, btw, most of us here at GE were on THIS one practically from the start of this year, when we saw the danger signs even BEFORE they really started to deepen, snowball and become something that the statistics and our resulting ranking only highlights and accentuates: I am talking about our 114th-(or whatever it is currently) ranked offense that has become a bewildering embarrassment, even WITH all the injury- and continuity-problems along the O-line and lack of talent and depth at WR. Having lost only 1 game, and THAT just barely to our big border-rival thanks to six, count-'em SIX turn-overs, ranked right behind them now just outside the Top-5, the story is shared equally by an UNBELIEVABLE DEFENSE and an UNWATCHABLE OFFENSE... With all that's been said already, I'm gonna take one more pass at a subject that makes us ALL "Masters of the Obvious".
Here's the thing: I defer completely to our coaches, in the case of the offense especially Pease, who I believe has control and the long term plan to make ours a dynamic offense in its own right. I don't think for a moment that I know more about ANYTHING football-related than he or anyone on the staff, and am certain they see everything that has and is happening and have sharp and subtle ideas as to what to do and how to do it...I know we are limited in many ways, but I also suspect that we haven't shown or even TRIED everything available to us (I DON'T want to second guess them--plenty of that going around already, and frankly, I don't want to find myself in THAT crowd) and though I understand and agree with the "One game at a time"-principal, I also see we've got 2 games ahead at home against teams that are inferior to us in every way: If ever there were a time to pull out and work on a revamped offense, "under game day conditions", in getting ready to go on-the-road and try to beat our 10th-ranked bitter cross-state rival at their place in the climactic game of the regular season, this would be that time.
I don't mean to be naive, unreasonable, or part of that impossible-to-please "never-enough-Gator Nation", but I would like to see an effort made to break out of our "offense-heading-south"-mold...I want to see some sort of new approach on offense, even if that means taking some risks we HAVEN'T taken in getting to where we are now. When we get to Doak, I can and will accept a defeat that involves us trying to score some points and NOT just "hold on" from the word go. Look, (opinions to the contrary) I am NOT a loud-mouthed idiot or a blind fool: I'm NOT screaming for radical change to some "echo of high-flyin' days of old"...Just a bit of a shake up in approach, some wrinkles that help to open things up, use the way teams are now playing us BASED on our conservative predictability to surprise them, knock them back on their heels.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that "shake up" has to begin now, both for the sake of introducing uncertainties into the minds of that "future opponent", and for our OWN sake, of course--Again: maybe I'm wrong, but inexperienced young players being asked to do new things with a QB and 1st team they haven't been practicing much with will have a much greater chance at success come-the-event if they've had some in-game experience with it all before then, no?
We have the good fortune of schedule and situation to deal with a "problem" in a pro-active way. We can GET "there" from "here"--best-of-all with coaches who see "here" and "there" with real clarity and have the tools, plans and drive to pull it off. THEY saw that West Virginia game last night, too: With MUCH more defense than that Mountaineers team to begin with, just a little more offense can and should get it DONE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...The only other thing on my mind now, with THAT out-of-the-way (I'm DONE with it now: THAT is EVERYTHING I have to say about this season and our offense's problems and "adventures"...either we get it together or we don't--to predictable results at the end if we do NOT "plan to win", rather than "try to hold on"...), is this business with Tebow and Meyer...I have pretty well thrown my feelings on THAT out there, too (on another thread), so I guess I'll just put up the GameDay thread and be done with it...I am just left feeling kind of numb and a little down about the whole thing, the season, TT, maybe losing Pease, our offense, etc. and knowing it is all beyond MY control in ANY event, and soon over. Even this game, for the first time all season, leaves me feeling a bit empty.
We should be able to just blow them off the field, and would probably get a lot out of doing just that this time from a practical POV (for all the reasons we've talked about, here and elsewhere), for a change--but somehow feel like we are screwed either way...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Escambia94, Leakfan12, totenkopf13, NaffGutts, mjfan23, miltongator, InkedAdrenaline, and anyone ELSE who was following along with us on the GameDay thread but I've somehow forgotten here:
ALL of the above, my "vent" AND especially my "Depressed Conclusion" directly above, were written just BEFORE moving over to GameDay for Kick-Off--and that "feeling" I had was definitely prescient, I'm sorry to say. Did you notice how the whole Swamp seemed to have caught that same "vibe", which spread even to our defense by the 2nd part of that 3rd quarter and onward, practically to the very end? When that sort of thing happens, I never am sure what is "cause" and what is "effect", where or how much "my bummer" feels something coming, and where or how much it in turn is part of something larger that CAUSES it all somehow--but it sure seems to all work TOGETHER, and though I wish I could just remain upbeat and stay OUT of it somehow, it just doesn't WORK that way for me...ANYWAY, if we HAD lost, it would have been the fault of THOSE HIDEOUS ORANGE UNIFORM TOPS.
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times since 1979 and the 0-10-1 season:
"Lose those ORANGE JERSIES and NEVER WEAR 'EM AGAIN--just bury them, BURN 'EM ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!"

Leakfan12

VIP Member
CRAP I WAS WRONG, SERIOUSLY THEY COULDN'T DO JACKS--T AGAINST THESE CLOWNS? THOUGH GAME COULD HAVE BEEN OVER IF CLAY BURTON THE DAMN BALL. ALSO I HOPE DRISKEL IS ALRIGHT. ONE MORE THING DRU2012 THOSE ORANGE JERSEYS THE GATORS WORE THEM IN 1984 AND 1985 TWO OF THE BEST SEASONS IN GATOR HISTORY BUT THE NCAA AND THE SEC BROUGHT THE HAMMER DOWN (UNFAIRLY I SHOULD ADD).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
CRAP I WAS WRONG, SERIOUSLY THEY COULDN'T DO JACKS--T AGAINST THESE CLOWNS? THOUGH GAME COULD HAVE BEEN OVER IF CLAY BURTON THE DAMN BALL. ALSO I HOPE DRISKEL IS ALRIGHT. ONE MORE THING DRU2012 THOSE ORANGE JERSEYS THE GATORS WORE THEM IN 1984 AND 1985 TWO OF THE BEST SEASONS IN GATOR HISTORY BUT THE NCAA AND THE SEC BROUGHT THE HAMMER DOWN (UNFAIRLY I SHOULD ADD).
OK: And THAT was such "GOOD LUCK"??? You're making MY point for me, my friend...Do I really have to go over it, season-by-season, game-by-@#$%^&*!ing-game??? Yes--in '84 and '85 we wore them the most of any 2 seasons SINCE '79--and those now COUNT everywhere but in OUR records as "ALL LOSSES", wherein the @#$%^&*ing NCAA goes "ABBRAFRIGGINGCADABRA and blows it all away: a pair of what were until then "Best Gator Seasons" ever are rendered "OFF RECORD"--no SEC Championship (NOT the LAST time they'd pull this "trick", btw--see SOS's 1st ring-commemorated (non)SEC-Championship), no inclusion on final-Poll results we had otherwise TOPPED the last weeks of those seasons...NOT exactly "good luck", would YOU say?!! And there's more: I believe that they had been worn either 2 or 3 times since--and we LOST EVERY TIME...Frankly: we just finally BROKE "the Curse of the Orange Jersie"...and if we are smart, WE WILL NEVER TEMPT FATE AGAIN...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema